Paris Bataclan / March 7, 2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
LaGwardia1
Road Kill

The gig was amazing, couldn't fault it at all, was not expecting it to be all round that brilliant and had nothing to do with the disgusting amount of booze i'd had all weekend! Even my missus, a harsh judge of gigs, and not a particularly big Sisters fan really enjoyed it all,and commented that Von seemed in a good mood....
am a bit miffed i didn't try sneak my digital SLR in, i had big pockets in my jacket :(

Thanks for the recordings! much appriciated and will be on my mp3player ALOT!
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, as I said earlier, I arrived late and just walked in past the bouncer, who barely checked my ticket. I could have had a steady cam rig under my jacket and I doubt anyone would have said a thing.

This would have made a smashing DVD.
Do I drive or am I driven?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:A very positive live report here :)

http://www.radiometal.fr/sistersofmercy ... 3_2009.php
see it whit the google translater
a nice one indeed!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
radiojamaica
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Some new photo reports :

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index. ... &Itemid=42
Some smashing pics there! Thankee for the heads up, doctor :D :notworthy:
in dub we trust
LaGwardia1
Road Kill

ah feck, those pics are *so* good they make me kick myself....i could have totally managed to get the lense in 1 pocket and the body in another...bigtime...dammit!

im gonna buy a smoke machine on friday when i get paid.....
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Cheers everyone for sharing all those photos and recordings of one damn fine gig :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: This has been one of my favourite gigs of this tour, and I can't really add to what has already been said. I really enjoyed myself the whole time I was in Paris and the city is growing on me. Père Lachaise was extremely interesting (and with so many crows :) ) and as I had a late flight, I found the time to go up the Arc de Triomphe. I didn't even know you could - and the view is absolutely stunning.

Roll on Madrid!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
eotunun
Overbomber

From the Arc, the traffic on place de la Concorde is a great fun to watch. ;D
..other than being stuck in the place de la Concorde's traffic is, probably. :lol:
There is shadow under this red rock
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for sharing this gig doc!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."
Emmanüel-Obsküre
Road Kill

Hello you all, I'm a new one here, first post, and hello to everyone firstly. You are a beautiful tribe.

The gig was far better than the first one in Paris, I think. There isn't any doubt about this for me because I found that the first gig @ the Zénith was pure horror.
Nevertheless, I cannot say that I've recognized "my" Sisters, once more. Don't misunderstand me. I suppose that we cannot go to a Sisters gig hoping to see the "resurrection" of "something" we've so much loved in the past. I know and accept that these are not the same people & I have the feeling that they deserve a certain degree of respect.
I found that the versions went nearer to the original spirit for some of the songs @ Le Bataclan, and the "new" ones seem to become standards in my mind (I especially think to "Summer" and "We are the same Suzanne"). I cannot imagine a setlist without these songs now. It's a good thing.

Well... A report I've made is online here [in french] :
www.obskure.com/fr/reportconcert.php?id=111
Enjoy.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:Hello you all, I'm a new one here, first post, and hello to everyone firstly. You are a beautiful tribe.
Bonjour Image

We are rather beautiful aren't we? :lol:

I have to say though, I thought the 2006 Paris gig sounded OK compared to some on that tour. London anybody? :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ebbhead
Road Kill

I had a wonderful time at this gig. Better sound than usual, good crowd, excellent moshpit.
Spotted lots of Belgians at the Bataclan, some of them putting up a great show as usual. :wink:

Cool link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsZlK6ah8A

Rgds,
EH
Are you prepared to slave again?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Emmanüel-Obsküre wrote:Hello you all, I'm a new one here, first post, and hello to everyone firstly. You are a beautiful tribe.
Bonjour Image

I have to say though, I thought the 2006 Paris gig sounded OK compared to some on that tour. London anybody? :innocent:
Bienvenue indeed, Emmanüel!

I not only think the 2006 gig sounded good, I had a superb time there too :D
But, this years gig beats the Zenith one without a doubt... c'était magnifique :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Ebbhead
Road Kill

[quote="Arrrgh!"]

I found the crowd at this gig kind of funny - there were lots of very serious looking people standing passively watching this amazing gig. at least at the start of the night. Too-cool-for-school, but actually kind of sad to me. My wife, who had seen the sisters once before as the Speed Kings in the Boxing Club in Drogheda in 1991, was perplexed - why was nobody dancing? As the gig progressed the crowd loosened up and in particular there were some fun people around us. The place started going nuts and in particular the mosh pit looked pretty hardcore, with lots of people going mental and getting lots of attention from Von, who kept gesturing at them, and counting beats down with his fingers to the sing along bits. He looked to me like a man having lots and lots of fun. Some guys started trying to crowd surf but the otherwise unintrusive security staff got quite excited about that, so they stopped.

I totally agree. Crowd loosened up after a while. During first songs, I was afraid this would become boring gig, but it sure turned out differently... 8)
Are you prepared to slave again?
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Ebbhead wrote:During first songs, I was afraid this would become boring gig, but it sure turned out differently... 8)
:lol:

:notworthy:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Oh i forgot to tell you, I had the chance to see and hear in the venue most of the soundcheck, the band played FALAA, Summer, Marian, Flood I, Dominion, Crash and burn. And Eldritch did not show up at the soundcheck, looks like he only arrives for the concert like big rock stars ;)
Big Si
School Bully

Here's a video I just found - http://vimeo.com/3534304
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
doctoravalanche

HD video available here, present for all the heartlanders :)

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index. ... &Itemid=43
lachert
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:HD video available here, present for all the heartlanders :)

http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index. ... &Itemid=43
:eek: oh man! thank you! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Je n'ai qu'une chose à dire : la grande classe, Laurent !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
doctoravalanche

sentenza wrote:Je n'ai qu'une chose à dire : la grande classe, Laurent !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
C'est peut-être ça la classe à la française (rires) !!!
Avec grand plaisir en tout cas :)
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim