Wanted gigs for trade!!!

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I do all my Tape to CD transfers using Soundscape ;)

Nuff said,

Matt
ryan

and thus another boot rises from hiding and into circulation.

its a beautiful thing, actually.
shambeko
Road Kill

Thanks to everyone who has offered their expertise in transferring these tapes to CD. Hopefully this will be organised very shortly! :wink:

I've listened to the tapes over the last couple of days and to be honest they are not as good as I remember them. That's probably due to the type of equipment I used to listen to them on - definitely very lo-fi.
Listening to them on the stereo I've got now, they don't sound quite so good.
I just hope you are not going to be too disappointed in the recordings.
Cheers, Simon
Don't make me a leader, I'll lead you all wrong.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Most of this lot would still listen to the Sisters if it was recorded through a biscuit tin.

In the toilets.

Of the club next door to where they were playing. ;)

Mind, some of the boots I've heard sound like they were...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Petseri
Overbomber

shambeko wrote:I just hope you are not going to be too disappointed in the recordings.
Cheers, Simon
Rest assured, we are grateful that you are offering them to us. :notworthy:

Martin
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

markfiend wrote:Most of this lot would still listen to the Sisters if it was recorded through a biscuit tin.

In the toilets.

That'll be Portsmouth 85 then ... :urff: :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
shambeko
Road Kill

Dan wrote:
hallucienate wrote:...but let me be the first to whore myself and beg for the Solitaire and 23/10/84 gig..
Me too! I've got quite an extensive list for you to take your picks from, if you're interested in a trade.

Oh, and did you manage to record any of the organ intro at the RAH gig, apart from the last 10 seconds which I already have.
Dan - checked my RAH tape, but unfortunately I did not record the intro music! :(
Don't make me a leader, I'll lead you all wrong.
Dan
Overbomber

shambeko wrote:Dan - checked my RAH tape, but unfortunately I did not record the intro music! :(
Damn, nobody seems to have recorded it. :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bollocks. The gigs I've transferred had interference from when my mobile rang while I was doing the transfer. Example. I guess it must have been a badly shielded cable. Bastard. :evil:

However I have a cunning plan. Involving the purchase of an audio/hi-fi CD recorder. I want one anyway, so it gives me a good excuse. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
snowey

Try Richer Sounds... Myself and Mrs. Snowey went halfs on one last year because we had about 300 tapes to copy. Cost about £160.

Best £160 we spent. :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hey, snowey, thanks for the advice. I already know about Richer Sounds, but plenty of other people on here probably don't, so it's worth pointing out for them. :D

Thinking about it, I'll post a question in the general chat on this subject.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Bollocks. The gigs I've transferred had interference from when my mobile rang while I was doing the transfer.
LOL, turn your phone off and try again (and make sure you listen to it all the way through before circulating it in case some other buggers phone messes it up!)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One learns by one's mistakes ;D

Fortunately, I was listening to the stuff while it was still audio files on the computer and before burning to CD.
Dan wrote:make sure you listen to it all the way through before circulating it
*nods* Probably good advice for us all.

A bit of a pain in the arse that I have to do the transfer over again.

Actually, I've checked it and it's not a badly-shielded cable, it's a badly-shielded tape player! Luckily I have another.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

One time a gig I'd taped had interference from a mobile phone on it (on the mastertape). It's only ever happened once, I guess someone with a phone was very near to me.
allfear

My £1 for a car boot recording walkman made a great job of tapeing a chuck Berry show the ther night!!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:One time a gig I'd taped had interference from a mobile phone on it (on the mastertape). It's only ever happened once, I guess someone with a phone was very near to me.
That's a bit mad. What's the point of having your mobile switched on at a gig? It's not like you'd even hear it ring never mind actually making a call :?:
—Bertrand Russell
Karst
Slight Overbomber

I actually had my phone on during a Dylan gig as the Dutch were playing the Portuguese and through the WAP I could keep track of the penalty shoot out.
Last edited by Karst on 14 Oct 2004, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, I've sorted them now; the three tapes shambeko sent me (:notworthy:) are ready for weeding here, here and here.
—Bertrand Russell
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:LOL, good luck. In nearly 20 years I haven't seen so much as a rumour that those 3 even exist on tape.

In the end all it needed was just to ask for on this forum :wink:

Everything is possible... :lol:
Dan
Overbomber

sunset yellow wrote:
Dan wrote:LOL, good luck. In nearly 20 years I haven't seen so much as a rumour that those 3 even exist on tape.

In the end all it needed was just to ask for on this forum :wink:

Everything is possible... :lol:
Indeed.

I love it when a plan comes together. Some people seem to like to hold "rare" recordings out to ransom. :twisted:
JansenClone

JB wrote:
markfiend wrote:Most of this lot would still listen to the Sisters if it was recorded through a biscuit tin.

In the toilets.

That'll be Portsmouth 85 then ... :urff: :innocent:
Actually, I have a bootleg tape where the taper goes to the toilets half way through... You hear the door open, the sound of the gig gets muffled as the door closes, footsteps, zipping sound.... I'll stop there...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Dan
Overbomber

JansenClone wrote:Actually, I have a bootleg tape where the taper goes to the toilets half way through... You hear the door open, the sound of the gig gets muffled as the door closes, footsteps, zipping sound.... I'll stop there...
LOL I've got a couple like that. Rose Of Avalanche and Skeletal Family I think. I vaguely knew the guy who recorded them (he had a dopey voice) and he used to do that a lot.

One time I had to do that myself. It was at the Duchess Of York and when I played the tape back later the vocals sounded much clearer in that part.
snowey

Dan wrote:
shambeko wrote:Dan - checked my RAH tape, but unfortunately I did not record the intro music! :(
I've just checked my mates master copy of this gig and he got just over a minute of the organ intro (1 min 2 secs). :D
Last edited by snowey on 23 Dec 2004, 12:44, edited 2 times in total.
pikkrong
Overbomber

snowey wrote:
Dan wrote:
I've just checked my mates master copy of this gig and he got just over a minute of the organ intro (1 min 2 secs). :wink:
And we will never hear it? :innocent:
Dan
Overbomber

snowey wrote:I've just checked my mates master copy of this gig and he got just over a minute of the organ intro (1 min 2 secs). :wink:
Nice to know someone has more than the 10 seconds I have. Do you or your friend know how to make an mp3? :wink: