wanted: Utah Saints 21/08/93 & Depeche Mode 31/07/93

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
deadagain
Banned

Does anyone have a good copy of the gig by Utah Saints from Leeds 21/08/93 when Eldo sang New Gold Dream and Gimme Shelter; or the Depeche Mode Crystal Palace 31/07/93 set (which the Sisters opened for as special guests, in broad daylight... eeekkk!)?

I have a crap copy of the former which is cut at the end; and i went to the latter - intending just to see the Sisters and then go, but DM enthralled me, which I wasn't expecting!

Tape or cd.... I have a long list of audios if anyone wants to trade?

:D
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
hallucienate
Overbomber

deadagain wrote:Does anyone have a good copy of the gig by Utah Saints from Leeds 21/08/93 when Eldo sang New Gold Dream and Gimme Shelter; or the Depeche Mode Crystal Palace 31/07/93 set (which the Sisters opened for as special guests, in broad daylight... eeekkk!)?
Speak to Dan, a member of HL, he recorded the Utah Saints gig.
Dan
Overbomber

Utah Saints & Eldritch - Leeds T & C, 21.8.93
(Scroll to the bottom, click 'Free', than wait up to a minute for the download link to appear at the bottom of the next page.)

Unless someone else also recorded it and is keeping it to themself it seems like I was the only one to record it. It starts rather abruptly. This is because Utah Saints had been on for around 35 minutes and no sign of Eldritch, so I turned the tape over... and just as I did the bugger came on stage and when I started recording the tape jammed. I had to take the tape out and in the semi-darkness wind up the slack with a finger, then put it back in again, so I missed Eldritch's opening words and a few seconds of the start of the song. (I had arranged to video it by getting permission from one of the support acts to video them, but that went tits-up when security wouldn't let me take the camera in.)
Big Si
School Bully

Dan wrote:Utah Saints & Eldritch - Leeds T & C, 21.8.93
(Scroll to the bottom, click 'Free', than wait up to a minute for the download link to appear at the bottom of the next page.)

Unless someone else also recorded it and is keeping it to themself it seems like I was the only one to record it. It starts rather abruptly. This is because Utah Saints had been on for around 35 minutes and no sign of Eldritch, so I turned the tape over... and just as I did the bugger came on stage and when I started recording the tape jammed. I had to take the tape out and in the semi-darkness wind up the slack with a finger, then put it back in again, so I missed Eldritch's opening words and a few seconds of the start of the song. (I had arranged to video it by getting permission from one of the support acts to video them, but that went tits-up when security wouldn't let me take the camera in.)
Is this the same file as the one on yahoosistersrarities?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dan
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:Is this the same file as the one on yahoosistersrarities?
Assuming the one on sistersrarities hasn't been re-encoded to a different bitrate then yes. This one is 192kbps, 11mb.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

:notworthy: :notworthy:

never had new gold dream... but interesting...i got GS from the happening many years ago and it does seem to be a different source. fraid to say it's much clearer too (though that might be the MP3 coding) :?
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

I was able to clean it up slightly, the original tape sounds very slightly worse. :eek:
Is the version from the happening definitely of the same performance? Wonder what happened to their version of New Gold Dream then? Probably kept it rare so they could w*nk over it.
deadagain
Banned

Brilliant, thanks Dan! :notworthy: Now I just need to coax my decrepid old machine to download it without it giving up the ghost on me......
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ Dan

I appear to have been "banned" from using the FREE service on Rapid Share - something to do with the NTL Proxy Server carrying out "extreme downloads" or something!

I know its a a pain in the A*** but would be willing to upload the file to Sendit instead - they dont have any limits and, as such, I can download quite easily.

That said I am on 1mb connection - would it be too large to simply email?

I read that a version of the tracks is on Yahoo Groups - I am a member of all - afaik - the Sisters Rarities Yahoo Groups - which of these would it be in?

BTW whatever happened to Sisters Rarities Group # 16 ?

Thanks in advance

Andy TG
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Dan
Overbomber

Bypassing NTL's "transparent proxies"
Firstly, get yourself a proxy from this page. For example manc-cache-3.server.ntli.net
(Make sure you don't choose a Blueyonder one, as they're on the same page.)

It helps if you choose a proxy that's nearest to you, but it doesn't matter that much.

Once you've selected a proxy you need to set it. For IE it's tools-internet options-connections-lan settings-advanced. For http enter your proxy, and the port (this is important) 8080 (NOT 80 as you might expect.)

Ok, with the webcache in place you can now use rapidshare.

If you want to bypass rapidshares hourly download limit then you need to change proxy AND delete the rapidshare cookie in your temp files folder. You used to be able to get away with changing proxy, but they added a cookie now.

Or failing that maybe one of the 13 gits who already downloaded it may like to upload it somewhere.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Here you go (hope you don't mind the filename and tag is changed, but otherwise it would get lost in my playlist, lol)

I've put it online on my personal webspace, since I deleted most of the content recently, don't know how long it'll be online though, since I'll be putting some new stuff on there instead :wink:
Anyway, use it as much as you want, untill the end of my exams I won't delete it anyway...

Oh, and it is indeed the same as on the yahoogroup, at first I hoped it was a better version but when I changed the tag yesterday the frenquency, kbps and all that seemed the same...

-back to the books-
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Image Obviousman
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

deadagain wrote:Does anyone have a good copy of the Depeche Mode Crystal Palace 31/07/93 set (which the Sisters opened for as special guests, in broad daylight... eeekkk!)?

I have a crap copy of the former which is cut at the end; and i went to the latter - intending just to see the Sisters and then go, but DM enthralled me, which I wasn't expecting!

Tape or cd.... I have a long list of audios if anyone wants to trade?

:D
:wink: check yer PM's DA
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.