FALAA Reissue - possible controversy?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:Do you really expect anyone to remember a conversation that's two and a half years old? ???

Although I'm guessing shorter than the vinyl?
:lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
anikk
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote::lol:
Again: What's to remember here? If it's shorter, it's still shorter. Shorter to which release? It's not shorter than on the UK 1985 vinyl!

Why are you laughing about a post that's almost ranting instead of being productive for the thing the forum is about.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Seriously. You can't expect people to remember what they meant from a post that was made in November 2007. I don't even know if silentNate still visits the forum, last post was September last year.

And we can't read minds, so how is anyone else supposed to know "shorter than what"?

And we can do without the lecture of "the thing the forum is about" thank you very much. You're the one who's ranting.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

NOF wrote:On the title track, there's a swiping noise and a drumbeat when the riff kicks in. Was this on the original vinyl as they weren't there on the 92 version?
I have it on good authority* that these are Space Drums.

* My daughter
Four strings good, six strings bad
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
NOF wrote:On the title track, there's a swiping noise and a drumbeat when the riff kicks in. Was this on the original vinyl as they weren't there on the 92 version?
I have it on good authority* that these are Space Drums.

* My daughter
Jess knows these things :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
anikk
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Seriously. You can't expect people to remember what they meant from a post that was made in November 2007. I don't even know if silentNate still visits the forum, last post was September last year.

And we can't read minds, so how is anyone else supposed to know "shorter than what"?

And we can do without the lecture of "the thing the forum is about" thank you very much. You're the one who's ranting.
I said "almost", but anyway, to close the issue for visitors who care if Black Planet is shortened on a CD-release people have waited for for decades: Black Planet is 4:26/4:27 on the UK vinyl as well as on the 2006 CD. It's eight seconds longer on the UK 1988 CD/UK 1992 CD. No idea where the "15 seconds" came from. That's it, bye...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OK, cool.

I think we should all take a deep breath and calm down. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paul
Overbomber

Perhaps those 8 seconds can be explained incase the song is played in little bit slower tempo from the master tapemachine. Not really audible for the human ear, but it could be the reason though ...
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

anikk it was me, I aded the 15 seconds. It's a subliminal message to only buy Afghan Melons (they are simply the best - better than all the rest). I've added this 15 seconds to the following albums:
  • Adam And The Ants-Kings Of The Wild Frontier
    Level 42-The Pursuit of Accidents
    Muse-Showbiz
    The m*****n-The First Chapter
;D
anikk
Road Kill

paul wrote:Perhaps those 8 seconds can be explained incase the song is played in little bit slower tempo from the master tapemachine. Not really audible for the human ear, but it could be the reason though ...
Absolutely. It's that. Or that for a few seconds plus some silence at the end for the CD-mastering.

I went through things for a second time. A 15 second difference can't be found anywhere though.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

anikk wrote:
paul wrote:Perhaps those 8 seconds can be explained incase the song is played in little bit slower tempo from the master tapemachine. Not really audible for the human ear, but it could be the reason though ...
Absolutely. It's that. Or that for a few seconds plus some silence at the end for the CD-mastering.

I went through things for a second time. A 15 second difference can't be found anywhere though.
You know, it's sunny outside you lot :wink:
Four strings good, six strings bad
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

We Are Goff and Fear The Sun :twisted:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

weebleswobble wrote:We Are Goff and Fear The Sun :twisted:
Secret is be goff and love the sun. :twisted:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I iz ginga and allergic to it's rays
:urff:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

weebleswobble wrote:I iz ginga and allergic to it's rays
:urff:
Okay being allergic is a different thing. You goff ginga! :kiss:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
paul
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote: You know, it's sunny outside you lot :wink:
@ work, so no sunlight for me...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

anikk wrote:
Ozpat wrote::lol:
Again: What's to remember here? If it's shorter, it's still shorter. Shorter to which release? It's not shorter than on the UK 1985 vinyl!

Why are you laughing about a post that's almost ranting instead of being productive for the thing the forum is about.
Since you were quoting me; I was laughing because IMO the post I quoted was funny. Okay?! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:anikk it was me, I aded the 15 seconds. It's a subliminal message to only buy Afghan Melons (they are simply the best - better than all the rest). I've added this 15 seconds to the following albums:
  • Adam And The Ants-Kings Of The Wild Frontier
    Level 42-The Pursuit of Accidents
    Muse-Showbiz
    The m*****n-The First Chapter
;D
:lol:
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.