2024-06-12 Majestic Music Club, Bratislava SK

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Still going into June? Eldritch is never going to get the holiday he needs
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 18:14 I can see it following your link ... :) ... looks official ...

Here's the text:

Dear customer,

first of all we would like to thank you for bearing with us while eagerly waiting for the information on the re-scheduled date of the called-off show with The Sisters of Mercy. Today we are happy to announce the new date for this show. The band is going to play in Bratislava at Majestic Music Club on Wednesday, June 12th, 2024. Your tickets bought for the original date ( November 6th, 2023 ) are valid for the new date. No action is required on your part.
Confirmed on Sisters live news!
https://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.html
Since this most likely won't be a one off my guess is we can expect a full month if a tour from say; mid may to mid june and after that the usual couple of summer festivals.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 06:14
Being645 wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 18:14 I can see it following your link ... :) ... looks official ...

Here's the text:

Dear customer,

first of all we would like to thank you for bearing with us while eagerly waiting for the information on the re-scheduled date of the called-off show with The Sisters of Mercy. Today we are happy to announce the new date for this show. The band is going to play in Bratislava at Majestic Music Club on Wednesday, June 12th, 2024. Your tickets bought for the original date ( November 6th, 2023 ) are valid for the new date. No action is required on your part.
Confirmed on Sisters live news!
https://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.html
Since this most likely won't be a one off my guess is we can expect a full month if a tour from say; mid may to mid june and after that the usual couple of summer festivals.
...and Kai has just confirmed he will be playing guitar on this date aswell, so i guess we could call him a permanent replacement for Dylan now. So no Chris back on guitar anytime soon.
H. Blackrose

I wonder if we'll see Ravey Davey back any time soon. Dude will need time to grieve. :(
barbaralesz
Road Kill

I'm in. :bat:
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
Frifor Gaffateip
Road Kill

I'm in :wake:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Today's the day in Bratislava ... :) ... have lots of pleasure and fun everybody ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ...

https://majestic.sk/event-detail/6586da ... lang=sk_SK
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

According to Facebook ‘A Rock And A Hard Place’ is played :D
Husek

Peter KJ wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 21:57 According to Facebook ‘A Rock And A Hard Place’ is played :D
YESSS big if true
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
H. Blackrose

Awww man, worst song on FALAA, I was holding out for "Possession", that could really work with Kai on acoustic
Husek

H. Blackrose wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 22:47 Awww man, worst song on FALAA, I was holding out for "Possession", that could really work with Kai on acoustic
Daily reminder that possession was on the setlist for one gig in 2014 I think and it was dropped last minute.

That said, black planet is the worst song in FALAA
Project Personal Dok
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Setlist Bratislava (source: Facebook picture)

Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Don't Drive on Ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion/ Mother Russia
I Will Call You
A Rock and a Hard Place
Giving Ground
Eyes of Caligula
More
But Genevieve
I Was Wrong
Here
When I'm On Fire
On The Beach
Temple Of Love

Encore:

Lucretia, My Reflection
This Corrosion

FireInReptileHouse

Husek wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 22:48
H. Blackrose wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 22:47 Awww man, worst song on FALAA, I was holding out for "Possession", that could really work with Kai on acoustic
Daily reminder that possession was on the setlist for one gig in 2014 I think and it was dropped last minute.

That said, black planet is the worst song in FALAA
Woah woah woah RAAHP and Black Planet the worst songs on FALAA?? No no I think you'll find that is Not Time To Cry... :D :D :D
Anyways... This is very interesting news
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

Cool, many thanks for posting the setlist, Peter KJ ... :D :notworthy: ...

A Rock And A Hard Place ... hihi, I've never been the greatest fan of that track, but here with the new songs it fits in nicely ... won't overdo the brutality thing ... :wink: ... Black Planet? IMHO, a wonderful songs as long as it's not combined with that idiot video ... :lol: ... and unimpressed by the latter it would also go well with the current set these days, but hell, was it ever played live at all? ... :) ...

Possession, nowadays ... no. Or yes ... :lol: ...

Anyway, this looks like another exciting show ... ;D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

First videos ... ;D ... with many thanks to the uploaders here ... :notworthy: ;D ...

and here ... ;D :notworthy: ...

H. Blackrose

Husek wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 22:48 That said, black planet is the worst song in FALAA
"Black Planet" was my warm-up song for going out clubbing, when I was young and pretty :cry:
Husek

H. Blackrose wrote: 13 Jun 2024, 00:49
Husek wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 22:48 That said, black planet is the worst song in FALAA
"Black Planet" was my warm-up song for going out clubbing, when I was young and pretty :cry:
Look, I ain't saying it's a bad song, it's just the worst song on an album packed with absolute bangers.
Project Personal Dok
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

These videos are phenomenal for, at least two, reasons:
1. I was curious if the sound of the band is consistently good in all venue - it is
2. TOL - I literally had shivers all over my body when I was listening Kai's part. :notworthy:
I gotta see the band in this incarnation.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Two further videos ...

Don't Drive On Ice ... captured by Robert Herceg, and there are more vids from the show in his channel ... :D :D :D ...

Ribbons, thank you slavo buksar ... :D :notworthy: ... great song, great sound, great performance ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Looks like it was an absolute banger of a show. Nice job Bratislava, you've waited a while for that 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
lazycatze
Road Kill

OMG, A Rock and a Hard Place performed live - sounds like a dream! Hope for some video or bootleg from that gig!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Summer ... waahhh ... *sigh ... what a great version, the arrangement, the fine-tuned dynamics, the guitars and not at last - the vocals ...

It must have been a breath-taking show ... :eek: :notworthy: ...

... whether they're Pink Floyd or not. I think they're not, fortunately ... :wink: ...

satanarchist
Road Kill

The devil may care, but I don't mind.
Craig Fox
Road Kill

PLEASE say someone has a video of ARAAHP to post. Know its a bit marmite across the fans but growing up was THE one song often on repeat.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 13 Jun 2024, 17:28 Summer ... waahhh ... *sigh ... what a great version, the arrangement, the fine-tuned dynamics, the guitars and not at last - the vocals ...

This is definitely a great version. Loved this song ever since it was played. And yes, Andrew's voice is really good here!
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)