2024-06-13. Nova Rock Festival, Nickelsdorf AT

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
barbaralesz
Road Kill

@ribbons69

I've seen people come back to work after 3 months, half a year, one year or more and they were doing great afterwards. But you're right, if I understand what you wrote correctly, Von is 65 and he doesn't actually work in finance.
Last edited by barbaralesz on 04 Feb 2024, 12:07, edited 2 times in total.
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.
JFD
Road Kill

Hello;

As I talked about last time, there now a new date.

The canceled gig in the Netherlands to Eindhoven

It will be
Monday June 10
See on the Effenaar website

ENJOY
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Husek wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 15:42 the fact that Von is wearing shades (as usual), but also has a extra pair of shades on his t-shirt collar
:lol: :lol: :lol: Extra sunglasses is definitely a sign it was made in AI! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Fallon
Road Kill

It's a real photo, that's a real dressing room. It just looks fake due to being massively resized. I'm sure there's a full-size original on an SD card somewhere but the reason it looks a bit weird is because it was resized from a very small picture which is being used in promotional graphics/flyers for Nova Rock. These are made at 1920x1080 resolution, to be displayed on a phone. The Sisters photo takes up a very small portion of that.

It's been blown up using a classic resizing/filtering algorithm called Lanczos resampling. It's meant to preserve the smooth edges and prevent jaggedness when you enlarge an image, but if you push it well beyond its capability (like, say, taking a tiny thumbnail and making it massive), then it can put weird artefacts around the edges, such as the white line around Andy's arm. Keep a look out, you see this everywhere if you're attentive.

Nothing to be alarmed about.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Fallon wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 16:13 It's a real photo, that's a real dressing room. It just looks fake due to being massively resized. I'm sure there's a full-size original on an SD card somewhere but the reason it looks a bit weird is because it was resized from a very small picture which is being used in promotional graphics/flyers for Nova Rock. These are made at 1920x1080 resolution, to be displayed on a phone. The Sisters photo takes up a very small portion of that.

It's been blown up using a classic resizing/filtering algorithm called Lanczos resampling. It's meant to preserve the smooth edges and prevent jaggedness when you enlarge an image, but if you push it well beyond its capability (like, say, taking a tiny thumbnail and making it massive), then it can put weird artefacts around the edges, such as the white line around Andy's arm. Keep a look out, you see this everywhere if you're attentive.

It's terrible.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 16:42
Fallon wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 16:13 It's a real photo, that's a real dressing room. It just looks fake due to being massively resized. I'm sure there's a full-size original on an SD card somewhere but the reason it looks a bit weird is because it was resized from a very small picture which is being used in promotional graphics/flyers for Nova Rock. These are made at 1920x1080 resolution, to be displayed on a phone. The Sisters photo takes up a very small portion of that.

It's terrible.
Ha ha exactly.... I also believe that ony Kai was in the original picture, AE and Ben have been copied and pasted.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

How you can tell it's over the current tour?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I think that there was someone else next to AE who has been cropped out before he was cut n pasted. That's why his arm is an odd shape.

Stalin did the same, it's nothing new
Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

:lol:
Good one, even better when you're listening in the background "interview" with The Dove of Peace, the Great Historian Putin by Carlson
HouseOfPain
Road Kill

Advertising of the festival in Austria.

HoP
Esoterica
Road Kill

That group photo does seem strange, blurry and somber, as though it has been manipulated. And why go on tour if you don’t want to? There’s certainly more than enough money to go around.

As for Master & Servant, that’s a helluva lot better than Mommy Dearest. At least you can switch places. Um, yes. :lol: