2024-06-09. De Vooruit Concertzaal, Gent, BE

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 10 Jun 2024, 18:18 Apparently the female sounding vocals on TOL are sung by KAI, but maybe that is common known already...
https://www.instagram.com/espritkai/p/C ... mg_index=2
Lovely, I'd thought so already as he'd used more the higher ranges in his own music in the past and he really has a nice voice ... :D :D :D ...

Ofra Haza ... is just unreachable ... that voice and her command of it ... no use trying to copy her ...
AND from the day of her death on, when her light ceased shining over the land, the state of Israel has been falling ever further into darkness... :( ...

Anyway, well done Kai ... :D ...
GinaB1970
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 10 Jun 2024, 16:54
Gift wrote: 10 Jun 2024, 11:59 For some pictures:

https://we.tl/t-8fQJCENM5T
Some really nice pictures! For my taste, you've got a good photographer's eye (and a good hand at the stuff around it) ... :D :notworthy: ... Thanks for sharing ... :) :notworthy: ...

@GinaB1970
... oh wow, hell !!! ... :eek: :eek: ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... even gatefold formats, white Alice and a red Himalaya TOL 12" ... :lol: :notworthy: ... just overwhelming ... ;D ...
:) :wink:

Btw, you all shouldn't miss this and other vids from MrBlonde ... :) :notworthy: ...

or this lovely shot of TOL ... apparently with female sounding background vocals ... :eek: :) ...
rivum
Road Kill

hm they are really sounding great
I wasn't sure I would try to go to the Toronto show due to the reviews i've heard of the sound.
certainly considering it now....
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Top gig
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Fallon
Road Kill

Gosh it's lovely to hear his voice again. In fact I think the vox all round are really effective.

Kai has done some higher register vocals on This Corrosion in the past, I think that utilising that skill on Temple Of Love is a great move.

And also - this is far from a criticism: I think Ben's vocals are a bit looser here too? He still drops into the baritone to complement or fill out Eldritch's lead occasionally, and fair enough too, but I think he's delivering his ordinary backup parts in a more rough n ragged way. It seems like a deliberately less disciplined approach, which is refreshing in its own right. We've seen him do the heavy lifting when he needs to, and we know he can do his parts as those perfect, glistening multi-part harmonies when that's the setup, but he's backing up I Will Call You in a slightly lower register here, and it feels like an altogether rockier take on his parts. It's a nice change and I'm glad that the frontman's voice is in the kind of condition that allows them to keep playing around with these arrangements.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Some page is done, compiling plenty of the great stuff from here. Thank you all again ... :) :notworthy: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_09-Jun-2024