2006 6 pages-article in french mag (D-side)

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Here is a brand new article in the D-side magazine, it is written in french, the mag is just out (10th of march), so it's hot !!! :D
The cover of the mag with the Sisters logo too :)
This more like a biography of the Sisters, some words by Eldritch but also some interesting by That Guitarist.

EvilBastard
Overbomber

The picture on the top left of page 4 - Eldritch on right, other band members walking away. Does anyone know where this is from? I have a copy of it that I 'borrowed' from the Leeds Student photo archive (and somehow never returned :oops:), handwritten note on the back said "Sisters shock - Eldritch sacks band". Was this an official photo from somewhere?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Big Si
School Bully

EvilBastard wrote:The picture on the top left of page 4 - Eldritch on right, other band members walking away. Does anyone know where this is from? I have a copy of it that I 'borrowed' from the Leeds Student photo archive (and somehow never returned :oops:), handwritten note on the back said "Sisters shock - Eldritch sacks band". Was this an official photo from somewhere?
Looking at their clothes, I'd say it's from the band's WEA Bio from the Body and Soul / Walk Away period :?:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Badlander
Overbomber

Oh my there really were goth poster boys !
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
aims
Overbomber

Any chance of a translation from anyone? (Assuming it's interesting enough to be worth it ;)) I can make out some of it with my GCSE level French, but even that's a bit rusty :P
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I'll give it a shot - you might have to make do with a summary but complete translations of the quotes. Give it a day or two.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
aims
Overbomber

Ta muchly. Don't worry too much about completeness, it'll just be nice to see what the press are saying en generale :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

As I said in the other thread, maybe we can split it up a bit? I wouldn't mind doing a page or so neither, but I'm not doing the whole thing :wink: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

That photo is also on the 7" bootleg EP "The Last Magician Of Rational Thought".
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nice. No idea what it's warbling on about, but cheers Doktor. Is that a widely distributed mag then?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Badlander
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Nice. No idea what it's warbling on about, but cheers Doktor. Is that a widely distributed mag then?
Quite so I'd say. Not a major player in the rock press industry, but fairly big. It's good publicity for the Sissies anyway. :P
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Badlander wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Nice. No idea what it's warbling on about, but cheers Doktor. Is that a widely distributed mag then?
Quite so I'd say. Not a major player in the rock press industry, but fairly big. It's good publicity for the Sissies anyway. :P
the sisters playing paris has to be the biggest musical event in france since bonnie tyler got lost there. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Badlander wrote:
the sisters playing paris has to be the biggest musical event in france since bonnie tyler got lost there. :innocent:
I found her in Stuttgart, Germany on February 27th 2003 :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: the sisters playing paris has to be the biggest musical event in france since bonnie tyler got lost there. :innocent:
You can have her back anytime you want. ;D
mugabe

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the sisters playing paris has to be the biggest musical event in france since bonnie tyler got lost there. :innocent:
http://www.spookhouse.net/tsom/afterflood.html wrote:France, however, is The Sisters' main target for destruction.

"Europe looks brilliant without France on it. It really enforces the identity of Britain as an island. In fact, instead of the promotional ads for the album on telly, I should put Euro-tunnel-type ads on. People could buy shares in the Flood France Conglomerate. I had thought of putting the women somewhere safe first, and then moving in. I don't mind French women. Perhaps a chemical attack on the male chromosomes. It would have to be pretty strong stuff because you know what those French chromosomes are like.

"I refuse point-blank to do business with anyone in France, ever. The band has never played there. The band will never play there. I have never exported a single record or done one interview for the French. I believe 'This Corrosion' has made some money over there and I fully intend to send the royalties back. I think it's the sort of gesture we all ought to make. They're a miserable consumptive race that revels in despair. Even their language is really great at expressing that pathetic shrug of the shoulders that English has no use for. Maybe I'll buy Morrissey a ticket there just before we go for the big one. The climate would suit him."
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

playing france is the biggest hint that this might be the end. :|
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
TheBoyNextDoor

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:playing france is the biggest hint that this might be the end. :|
Agree. :urff:
Big Si
School Bully

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:playing france is the biggest hint that this might be the end. :|
Agree. :urff:
Well we all had fun while it lasted.........ABBA anybody? :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Badlander
Overbomber

We were at war for about 1.000 years. Old habits die hard.

BTW don't forget that today is rugby day. Such a polite expression of the clash of civilizations.
8)
doctoravalanche

Badlander wrote:WBTW don't forget that today is rugby day. Such a polite expression of the clash of civilizations.
8 )
And the result must be much disppointing for Von HA HA HA ;D
The english never saw the light during this game ...
doctoravalanche

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:playing france is the biggest hint that this might be the end. : |
Or maybe he wants to make us a big joke by cancelling the concert the day before :lol: with a statement:
"read my website it is well explained ... France = never" :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:playing france is the biggest hint that this might be the end. : |
Or maybe he wants to make us a big joke by cancelling the concert the day before :lol: with a statement:
"read my website it is well explained ... France = never" :lol:
Yeah, I really should get my ticket for the Stuttgart gig. Just as a safety measure. :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Could anyone from France, who has a PayPal account for receiving money, send a copy to another EU country... First of all a PM, of course... :roll: I would appreciate it a lot :notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
Big Si
School Bully

pikkrong wrote:Could anyone from France, who has a PayPal account for receiving money, send a copy to another EU country... First of all a PM, of course... :roll: I would appreciate it a lot :notworthy:
Or save your money and come to Glasgow, apparently it's a secret gig :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
pikkrong
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Could anyone from France, who has a PayPal account for receiving money, send a copy to another EU country... First of all a PM, of course... :roll: I would appreciate it a lot :notworthy:
Or save your money and come to Glasgow, apparently it's a secret gig :wink:
First of all - sorry for the misunderstanding - I meant the French magazine (see pics above), not the Paris gig and one very nice person from France already offered me help :notworthy:
About Glasgow... afraid, Simon, I will miss it and you will miss Estonian vodka this time (if we will not meet in any other place of the universe), I will fly back to my cold country already on 6th of May (after Manchester) :(
do i drive
or am i driven