Mhuwhahaaa!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

If you need a laugh
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PipoTheClown wrote:If you need a laugh
Managed to get half way....that was just faaaar tooooo slooooowww. 144bpm or just don't bother.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:roll:
ok- so i was never going to like it; but aside from the fact that the guitarist really should have learnt the actual guitar line, why does the dull-and-poncey singer have to attempt an eldritch-a-like voice which had me clicking it off before Alice had put her party dress on? :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The guitar and speed were fine. The vocalist.. well, unless it's a foreign accent, he sounded crap.

On the other hand, this was a great cover, I quite like the idea of having a town covered in lyrics. :lol:
Syberberg

Dark wrote:On the other hand, this was a great cover, I quite like the idea of having a town covered in lyrics. :lol:
Ooh, I like that cover.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Syberberg wrote:
Dark wrote:On the other hand, this was a great cover, I quite like the idea of having a town covered in lyrics. :lol:
Ooh, I like that cover.
Me, too! ;D I wonder where that video was shot - a lot of those locales look like they could be in fcuking hideous Chicago...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Syberberg wrote:
Ooh, I like that cover.
Absobloodylutely! Excellent cover (is it just new vocals over an orig Sissies version? either way its stonking) and fabulous video. :notworthy: Almost makes the girls seem relevant again. :von:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
mh
Above the Chemist

I don't mind the speed, at least it's an attempt to do something different.

But why on earth 99% of Sisters cover versions need to sound like the singer is a transylvanian inside a Darth Vader helmet at 16 rpm is quite beyond me.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

mh wrote:But why on earth 99% of Sisters cover versions need to sound like the singer is a transylvanian inside a Darth Vader helmet at 16 rpm is quite beyond me.
Iz it 'cos they iz goffik?
анархия
sultan2075
Overbomber

mh wrote:I don't mind the speed, at least it's an attempt to do something different.

But why on earth 99% of Sisters cover versions need to sound like the singer is a transylvanian inside a Darth Vader helmet at 16 rpm is quite beyond me.
I think it's because 99% of the bands that do Sisters covers, er....suck something awful. They also tend to be rather doltish.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
On the other hand, this was a great cover, I quite like the idea of having a town covered in lyrics. :lol:
God-damn, that's pretty f**king cool!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Syberberg

I'm tempted to put The Hated Reign's cover of Alice up for you lot to pull apart...
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

That good thinsg cover is STONKING
Nationalise the f**king lot.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

mh wrote:But why on earth 99% of Sisters cover versions need to sound like the singer is a transylvanian inside a Darth Vader helmet at 16 rpm is quite beyond me.
HAHAHA! :lol: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:
Ooh, I like that cover.
Me, too! ;D I wonder where that video was shot - a lot of those locales look like they could be in fcuking hideous Chicago...
A Dutch city for sure....Probably Rotterdam. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i saw this - good things- videos on myspace few months ago, but i though that everybody had seen that, and yes i like this one to, enough dirt and raw as original and singer doesn't try to pretend that he's a eldo.
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

Syberberg wrote:I'm tempted to put The Hated Reign's cover of Alice up for you lot to pull apart...
Please do!!!! :!:
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote: Ooh, I like that cover.
Rotterdam for sure!
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PipoTheClown wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
SINsister wrote: Me, too! ;D I wonder where that video was shot - a lot of those locales look like they could be in fcuking hideous Chicago...
Rotterdam for sure!
Agreement again... :lol:
Who would ever have expected this to happen... :twisted:
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

So, who's in Rotterdammerung, and can you check if any of the graffitti is still there, and maybe get a mugshot of yourself beside some?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
splintered thing

The GOOD THINGS cover really is a good thing!
Great concept for a video.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:The guitar and speed were fine. The vocalist.. well, unless it's a foreign accent, he sounded crap.

On the MySpace page of Gotterdammerung it says that they will play at Amsterdam in November at Winston. I'm Gonna check them out to see if they will play Good Things live!
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
paul
Overbomber

I Kinda like it! :)
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

splintered thing wrote:The GOOD THINGS cover really is a good thing!
Great concept for a video.
By the way, on GD's myspace page there is a much better quality version of Good Things (music in stero!), check it out at:

http://www.myspace.com/gotterdammerungnl
Axe FX - Fractal Adidio
robertzombie
Overbomber

Anyone seen this one? :lol: