When Will V Be Broke and Have to Put Something Out?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mcalldp
Road Kill

Alright, So at what point is V going to run out of money? I can't imagine the Sisters stuff bringing in a goldmine these days and does V have any other source of income?

At some point, I would think, V would realize that he's going to need some money and putting together an album would be the place to quickly get that done. At the point of being broke, V would probably put aside the 3mil requirement from a label and just get the job done. So....how's he staying in threads and how long can it last?

Not wishing bad on the man but it just seems logical and some artists need to have stress added to the mix to make them work.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Talking strictly out of my a$$, I don't think he's in any hurry to put anything out. The guy turns 50 next year, he's probably making a small amount from residual sales, licensing (for using TSoM tracks in GTA IV, for example), and producing/mixing on other peoples' stuff. If he's strapped there's probably easy work to be had in the language field. It could be a trade-off for him - putting out an album might be the fastest way to pull in some cash, but the associated stress might not be worth it for him.

I'm resigned to the idea that the 4th album is never going to happen.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
lachert
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: I'm resigned to the idea that the 4th album is never going to happen.
4th album as last statement will see the light of the day after his death. i tell you 8)
long live rock'n'roll
EvilBastard
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: I'm resigned to the idea that the 4th album is never going to happen.
4th album as last statement will see the light of the day after his death. i tell you 8)
Well then - someone kill the short-ar$e so we can all get some choons! :lol:
Hank Moody
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"putting out an album might be the fastest way to pull in some cash"

nope. not in the current music biz climate.

the fastest would be to do a couple of european festivals ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:"putting out an album might be the fastest way to pull in some cash"

nope. not in the current music biz climate.

the fastest would be to do a couple of european festivals ;)
Quelle suprise he be doing that!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

why the idea of running out of money ? maybe he'd put some money in other way of making money. or he don't need to have more money than just for basic,basic needed without the extravaganza.
at least he's touring, he's records still buying some peeps, re-released, mentioned using of his track for pure commercial way (GTA IV) is a nice way of having enough money.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Maybe he earned enough in the eighties, early nineties. Invested it wisely and can live off his lazy laurels.
robertzombie
Overbomber

The next album will be a live/demo compilation.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

shower singing and a playing on box of shampoo ?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The question is. Why still tours/gigs inspite of no albums?

Yep.....cash.....the most easy way.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

boycott to force him to release ? nae, he choosing festivals nowadays.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He's probably got a line of income independent of the Music Biz.

Use of the word 'line' is not intended to have any implications at all. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Will we strike? Will we refuse to buy tickets for these shows? Will we ever, ever do that?

Von became a puppet in his very own theatre, but we hold the strings, ladies and gentlemen. No matter how great the sisters are, it's getting more clear day by day that our guru needs to be punished.

STOP LISTENING TO THE SISTERS OF MERCY!
guns & cars & accidents
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

something dealer cannot be addicted to his own something what he's selling, otherwise he's just buying something for himself. :wink: :innocent:
Last edited by Bartek on 12 Jun 2008, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

It's gone, the magic, we're getting nowt. Live with it. Stop going to see them and expecting something from the 80s or 90s.

Not gonna happen. :|

I've gotten over it and it's not so bad.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

It's reasonably certain that old Eldo has other sources of income, and does not actually need to keep the Sisters going at all. View it as being more of a hobby for him nowadays than anything else. "What I did on my summer holidays".

Otherwise, wot Blast said.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote: If he's strapped there's probably easy work to be had in the language field.
Is this Mandarin - and is it true that he studied at oxford?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

German, French, Italian...HTML :lol:
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:German, French, Italian...HTML :lol:
ah, just read the sisters wiki :oops: ok thanks!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Harvey Winston wrote:
Bartek wrote:German, French, Italian...HTML :lol:
ah, just read the sisters wiki :oops: ok thanks!
His HTML is a bit dodgy. Couldn't comment on the other languages.
eotunun
Overbomber

It was said elsewhere (on this forum, probably) that Andrew wrote some essays for german newspaper Die Welt. And some translation work. So it looks he's able to feed himself by doing serious work. :wink:
It seems he interrupted that part of working life to give the Sisters fans some pleasure in 2006. This selfish, lazy bastard, as some folks out there like to call him. (Nope, Aaron, this was *not* a dig in your direction, I got by now that I didn't get you. <=no joke <=joke <=joke ;D)
There is shadow under this red rock
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

you call "journalism" a serious job ?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:It was said elsewhere (on this forum, probably) that Andrew wrote some essays for german newspaper Die Welt.
Eeeeeenterestinks

My German isn't up to a decent translation of this article (and maybe its already floating about on the forum), but the headline reads, "Was that really necessary, Andrew Eldritch?" From the translation on iGoogle it looks like the journo is complaining that :von: has sold out, but I can't be sure.
Any native German speakers want to render this one into English?
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

erm, I'll take care of that soon.
Ich habe den Wink mit dem Zaunpfahl verstanden. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock