New Haven

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

I know Sinnie will be there. Very much looking forward to meeting you again. Who else is coming?
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I *hope* I'll be able to be there, sweets. :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:I know Sinnie will be there. Very much looking forward to meeting you again. Who else is coming?
Me
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Eva
You are like a Sisters Travel Agent :notworthy:

I just hope at some point we can meet up and have some carnage :twisted:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Our Eva rocks. \m/ ;D :notworthy:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hey, kiddies!

I haven't been to New Haven - or to Toad's Place - since I managed to catch The Ramones there in '95 or thereabouts. I dunno anything about the city's drinking establishments; I probably won't be able to hang around much (if at all) after the show, because of my f*cking asshole of a boss (can't have the next day off, oh nonono!).

Not sure what time I'll be getting down there, because tomorrow's Election Day here in the States (as I'm sure you're well aware), and my dad's doing me a huge favor by giving my ass a ride down to the venue. PM me for my cell #, so that we can at least synchronize our watches, er summat! ;) :lol:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:I know Sinnie will be there. Very much looking forward to meeting you again. Who else is coming?
Forgive me if this is prying too much Eva but - are you following the entire tour, or involved with the band somehow? I see you commenting on all the shows on the board. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm a bit new around this part of the 'net, mere curiousity. :)
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Nicole wrote:
Forgive me if this is prying too much Eva but - are you following the entire tour, or involved with the band somehow? I see you commenting on all the shows on the board. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm a bit new around this part of the 'net, mere curiousity. :)
Every time the Sisters do a world tour, the European Union gets together and buys Eva tickets to all the non-European gigs. They do this because Eva is the Global Cultural Ambassador to Strypiisoxenwald (a small autonomous republic nestled in the mountains between Germany, Switzerland, and Austria). In this way Europe is able to prevent the loss of productivity caused by the legions of European Sisters fans traveling to see the band on tour. It also helps reduce global warming (cuts down on the number of people flying), stops Europe becoming unbalanced (if all the Sisters fans in Europe followed the tour the continent would tip up and everyone would slide into Russia), and is part of the NATO plan to defend Europe against the Eastern Bloc (if all the Sisters fans followed the tour then the Ruskies could walk in unopposed and by the time anyone noticed it would be beetroot soup, folk music, and gulags for everyone).
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mh
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Every time the Sisters do a world tour, the European Union gets together and buys Eva tickets to all the non-European gigs. They do this because Eva is the Global Cultural Ambassador to Strypiisoxenwald (a small autonomous republic nestled in the mountains between Germany, Switzerland, and Austria). In this way Europe is able to prevent the loss of productivity caused by the legions of European Sisters fans traveling to see the band on tour. It also helps reduce global warming (cuts down on the number of people flying), stops Europe becoming unbalanced (if all the Sisters fans in Europe followed the tour the continent would tip up and everyone would slide into Russia), and is part of the NATO plan to defend Europe against the Eastern Bloc (if all the Sisters fans followed the tour then the Ruskies could walk in unopposed and by the time anyone noticed it would be beetroot soup, folk music, and gulags for everyone).
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Either that or she's mad as a welly.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
Nicole wrote:
stops Europe becoming unbalanced (if all the Sisters fans in Europe followed the tour the continent would tip up and everyone would slide into Russia), and is part of the NATO plan to defend Europe against the Eastern Bloc (if all the Sisters fans followed the tour then the Ruskies could walk in unopposed and by the time anyone noticed it would be beetroot soup, folk music, and gulags for everyone).
Ah I see - some sort of deal w/Von himself perhaps? :von: Mother Russia indeed... :lol:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Nicole wrote: Forgive me if this is prying too much Eva but - are you following the entire tour, or involved with the band somehow? I see you commenting on all the shows on the board. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm a bit new around this part of the 'net, mere curiousity. :)

I suppose that's entirely possible.

Entertaining as that was - still doesn't answer my question. :evil: Unless you were serious. :eek:
eotunun
Overbomber

Nicole wrote:
mh wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: Every time the Sisters do a world tour, the European Union gets together and buys Eva tickets to all the non-European gigs. They do this because Eva is the Global Cultural Ambassador to Strypiisoxenwald (a small autonomous republic nestled in the mountains between Germany, Switzerland, and Austria). In this way Europe is able to prevent the loss of productivity caused by the legions of European Sisters fans traveling to see the band on tour. It also helps reduce global warming (cuts down on the number of people flying), stops Europe becoming unbalanced (if all the Sisters fans in Europe followed the tour the continent would tip up and everyone would slide into Russia), and is part of the NATO plan to defend Europe against the Eastern Bloc (if all the Sisters fans followed the tour then the Ruskies could walk in unopposed and by the time anyone noticed it would be beetroot soup, folk music, and gulags for everyone).

I suppose that's entirely possible.

Entertaining as that was - still doesn't answer my question. :evil: Unless you were serious. :eek:
Evil Bastard was made at the same factory as The Stigg. He can't joke.
And yes, Eva saved the world more than once.
There is shadow under this red rock
spug17
Road Kill

if you're looking for a drink after the show, hop over to Rudy's. great small bar with a great beer selection, awesome frites, good jukebox. it's usually the place where the "cool kids" go. though i can't say what it will be like on a tuesday!

it's walking distance from Toad's, at 372 Elm St.

psyched for the show tonight!

oh yea, sometimes New Haven crowds can be lackluster. don't know why. so everyone be sure to crank up the enthusiasm tonight! don't be too goth to have a good time, dance, and cheer. i don't want to be cheated out of an encore!
bismarck

Is it possible that the last train TO New York City leaves at 11:30 from New Haven??? Seems unlikely, but I can't find any others. Any options, New Haveners?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
DrG

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Crazy s*** here about Eva... you rock!

Have fun tonight Heartlanders! I also hope that bismarck can make it...
go on... just do it... you need to! ;D
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

no news? :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
lachert
Overbomber

sisters obama's camp still drinking :D
long live rock'n'roll