Los Angeles...

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
SubSplit
Road Kill

Hello, I'm Chris and I'm New to this site.

Anyone attending the LA show?

i will be, Hopefully

it will be my first Sisters Show,

...yes I'm a newbie :oops:

anything that i should expect?
Other than a great performance.
ccchris
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Welcome to the Asylum! 8)

(reposted from somewhere else)
What should you expect from a Sister's show? It's a bit of a religious experience (at least for me) - you stand wreathed in smoke, unable to see more than the person in front of you, with lasers and coloured lights confusing the visual cortex, meanwhile from above and below this wall of sound batters at your brain. The band says that they're about "getting into your head by any means necessary" - the live show achieves this. The sound drives a 150-ton nuclear transporter through your eardrums and into your brain, and when it gets there it parties like a mother. Your one focus is this short, skinny, weedy-looking bald bloke 15' away who's old enough to be your dad (in some cases), who prowls the stage like some caged beast, spitting lyrics at you like machine gun bullets, clinging to the mic and his cigarette like his life depends upon them, and for 90 minutes or so this is your entire universe. Your throat hurts from screaming, your arms ache from waving, your eyes burn from the smoke, the sensory assault confuses your balance, and you leave completely unable to remember anything more than fragments of songs or the merest inkling of a set list.

Hope this helps :lol: If you see anyone down the front by the stage wearing a Forum Thing t-shirt, go and say "hello".
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

You've obviously been to see a different band from me, did they play Cry Little Sister?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:You've obviously been to see a different band from me, did they play Cry Little Sister?
As an encore - you were at that gig too? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
SubSplit
Road Kill

thanks for the info, love the sarcasm... :lol:
ccchris
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm flying down for this show and my flight home doesn't leave until 6am. I'm not going to bother to get a room, so I'll be a vagrant all night. Anyone know of any events happening after the show?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Any news?