Another Shade of YCBTO

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Someone expect to hear it live anyday?

it could be awesome, i just love this song;
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Petseri
Overbomber

It was scheduled for the first encore in Richmond, but the fire marshal dislikes the song. Maybe we should be thankful. ;D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
j3
Road Kill

Not sure why so many dislike You Could Be The One. It's certainly not the most intelligently written song but I do think it's supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek. It humorously shows Von in full rock'n'roll swagger and fits his attiitude back in the time they put the song out. I say this based on an interview I'd seen or read back then where states that the Sisters are sort of poking fun at what it means to be a rockstar .

Anyway, I think it would blow the walls down live, as purely an amped up rock'n'roll tune.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

j3 wrote:Not sure why so many dislike You Could Be The One.
It's one of those things you either love or hate. I don't understand the antipathy to Dr Jeep, myself, but it's epidemic as well.

I suppose it's only logical that the hardcore fans of a notably opinionated personage such as Mr Eldritch would be fairly rabid themselves...I know I am :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
j3
Road Kill

I do also like Dr Jeep as well. Even though I'm a fan of the songs that made the Sisters famous I do also like the more "metal" (industrial groove machine as described by mister E) sound from Vision Thing and onward, that continues through to today on the "new" songs. I've really enjoyed the various incarnations of the Sisters sound over the years and find them to be pretty timeless. I'm open to anything Von wants to show us musically. I think he's earned that a long time ago.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I'm not sure why so many threads about You Could Be The One must exist.

I once wrote a rather nice and accurate dissertation about the thing, but alas, it seems to have departed and gone during the Big 2007 YBCTO Purge.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
j3
Road Kill

It must keep cropping up because, out of all the Sisters catalogue, it's probably the most peculiar in terms of sound and lyrics when compared their other output.
bismarck

Husek wrote:Someone expect to hear it live anyday?
I will say this: if there were ever any lineup inclined to play this tune, it would probably be the current one. It'd fit Ben's playing style pretty perfectly, and the band seems somehow more inclined to experiment these days than it was during the somewhat staid Adam years. I for one would travel long distances to hear it if it were added to the set.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
SomeKindOfStranger

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
I'm not sure why so many threads about You Could Be The One must exist.

I once wrote a rather nice and accurate dissertation about the thing, but alas, it seems to have departed and gone during the Big 2007 YBCTO Purge.

IZ.
hell, we started an 'un-appreciation' society and the whole thing went. Ah...those were the days..... :von:
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall