Sisters dreams

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Have you ever had a dream about the Sisters, either individually or as a group?

(and I'm talking bonafide night dreams here, Planet, not daytime fantasies--that was another thread :wink: )

Last night, I dreamt that I was at a very small loungey club (prescient, perhaps?), watching the Sisters perform (current line-up). They played "Giving Ground" for the first song, after which Eldritch left the stage for a minute to go to the loo--it was a dream, ok?--and when he came out he walked directly over to where I was sitting and picked up the bag that was next to me on the couch. I thought, "Mofo is trying to steal my bag!" so as he turned to leave I put my hand on the bag and said, "Excuse me, that's mine." He then turned back, put the bag down next to me and said, very snottily, "I'm soooo sorry, sweetheart." And then walked away and went back on stage. And I was really angry for the rest of the dream cos I knew he was mocking me for saying the bag was mine, and who is he to make me feel bad for claiming things that are rightfully mine anyway?! Especially when he's trying to steal my stuff!!!

Let me tell you, I woke up immediately and I was sooooo pissed off by that. I still am, and I think I'm owed an apology.

How weird is that? :eek: :roll:
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Lay of the cheese and cheap lager.
elguiri
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eeeeerrrrrrr.............not as yet........ :eek:

But i kind of get the feeling you could be getting a few from Black Planet...........Clairvoyant or what :innocent:
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Have you taken your medication today? :eek:

I think I will stick to my day time fantasies of Eldy... At least there I can control what he says and does to me.... 8)

:innocent: :von:

K, well, I guess I'm just weird then. I don't feel bad about that. No, I don't. :?
Black Planet wrote:Have you taken your medication today? :eek:
I stopped taking my medication cos I thought I was ok without it. I suppose I should get a second opinion. :roll:

I think I'll keep the cheap lager, but maybe I'll skip the cigs and late-night Kazaa sessions for a while. :wink:
khepri II

think it must be a girl thang. i know of quite a few girlies that have similar dreams of Von :?
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

when i was a youngster.. about 16, i dreamed i went to a concert, and i think it was the sisters of mercy. but it might not of been..

that usefull information was brought to you by the letter E
Thea
Overbomber

i dreamed i went to see the sisters at my old school which had filled with swimming pools and all the walls were white marble with gold signposts in the corridors. i couldn't get to the standing area so i went backstage and das ich were playing so i threw bananas at them and told them to go home. then my ex-girlfriend told me she'd been saving me a place at the front, but we had to take a horse and carrage there and it was a maze of green and blue gates.
we got down the front and von (a very young von) crawled on stage and sat cross-legged on the stage singing bob dylan songs.
dead stars

khepri II wrote:think it must be a girl thang. i know of quite a few girlies that have similar dreams of Von :?
8)

:innocent:
dead stars

CorpPunk wrote:Have you ever had a dream about the Sisters, either individually or as a group?

(and I'm talking bonafide night dreams here, Planet, not daytime fantasies--that was another thread :wink: )

Last night, I dreamt that I was at a very small loungey club (prescient, perhaps?), watching the Sisters perform (current line-up). They played "Giving Ground" for the first song, after which Eldritch left the stage for a minute to go to the loo--it was a dream, ok?--and when he came out he walked directly over to where I was sitting and picked up the bag that was next to me on the couch. I thought, "Mofo is trying to steal my bag!" so as he turned to leave I put my hand on the bag and said, "Excuse me, that's mine." He then turned back, put the bag down next to me and said, very snottily, "I'm soooo sorry, sweetheart." And then walked away and went back on stage. And I was really angry for the rest of the dream cos I knew he was mocking me for saying the bag was mine, and who is he to make me feel bad for claiming things that are rightfully mine anyway?! Especially when he's trying to steal my stuff!!!

Let me tell you, I woke up immediately and I was sooooo pissed off by that. I still am, and I think I'm owed an apology.

How weird is that? :eek: :roll:
I also have dreams like that with Eldritch. I dream there's a gig situation and somehow he is mocking or picking at me.
I think it's because we're obsessed with his lack of interest for his fans and we feel mistreated and therefore frustrated to feel ignored by a person we admire so much.

About your dream, the "stealing" element shows you feel he has robbed you of something (probably something very personal) or simply that you feel "rippped off" because tehre's no new material for so long. The bag could represent the bag of new songs he shows but doesn't deliver... Well, in a very light interpretation.

In my last dream, they were playing in a nightclub, doing a jam session for friends only (so I shouldn't be there in the first place but they let me in so I had every right to be there having my beer like the otehr customers), and they played a lot of covers the Sisters never actually played, so yes, it was worthy to attend that dream! :P
The Green Lantern

Just some weeks ago this happened; I enter a local resembling a bar or a restaurant and there's the Sisters (or at least Andrew) performing and no-one listens so I have to try to dance a little, to show them my appreciation, and there's only children in there and really old people, no-one my age and I can't dance for some reason, it's like moving in a bath tub filled with oil and the songs aren't quite right either, but I recognize the essence of them. When I stagger out there is a box of bootlegs there and a few hats, for sale. But the hats, wich at first looks like Andrews beat up Vegas hat, doesn't fit me and it isn't the same kind of hat at all and the bootlegs are exactly what I'm looking for but I have no money and I have to walk out of there with nothing. Outside I remember I should have told Andrew something, but can't remember what and the dream turns into something else, a car chase or something like that.
I'll go have my medication now. :urff:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

About ten years ago, I had a very weird dream. It was about a new Sisters song coming out, and I was given, for some reason, a private listen. My subconscious obviously went into gear and thought 'darn, I'd better create a song for this dream', and it did! I could even remember it when I woke up. Quite a good song, although the lyrics were just fragments, and pretty paranoid stuff - all about running through trees, if I remember. That must definitely have been a cheese night. But what a creative thing a brain is!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
The Green Lantern

Agreed Mr Chris. I love it when that happens, you dream something creative and actually remembers it the next morning. Usually it's so strange or deranged you can't make out any of it though, but sometimes it turns out really good. Stuff like that is gold.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

If we could remember all of that stuff, no-one would need drugs to create anything, perhaps. Mind you, perhaps it's a good thing that we don't remember all of it.
Chris

Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

A while back I dreamed that I was helping Von househunt and we ended up at my mothers house sitting drinking tea (Vison thing era Von incidentally) and I remember my mum turning me and saying "ooh he's taller than he looks on the telly isnt he?"

BIZARRE
Hell is other people

dead inside wrote: I also have dreams like that with Eldritch. I dream there's a gig situation and somehow he is mocking or picking at me.
I think it's because we're obsessed with his lack of interest for his fans and we feel mistreated and therefore frustrated to feel ignored by a person we admire so much.

About your dream, the "stealing" element shows you feel he has robbed you of something (probably something very personal) or simply that you feel "rippped off" because tehre's no new material for so long. The bag could represent the bag of new songs he shows but doesn't deliver... Well, in a very light interpretation.

In my last dream, they were playing in a nightclub, doing a jam session for friends only (so I shouldn't be there in the first place but they let me in so I had every right to be there having my beer like the otehr customers), and they played a lot of covers the Sisters never actually played, so yes, it was worthy to attend that dream! :P
I knew I wasn't the only one!

That's a good interpretation (and it's kind of upsetting that we all only seem to have dreams in which AE is a rude bastard--if I ever meet him I'm going to kick him in the left shin, just to show that he doesn't scare me).

Actually, I had a thought yesterday that the reason he was trying to take my bag was to make up for all the t-shirts I stole in a previous dream. You see, the Sisters were playing a gig in my school gym (complete with fold-out bleachers--how scary), and near the end of the show while Eldritch was cavorting lewdly on the bleachers, some guy came up to me and handed me a stack of t-shirts and gave me instructions on how to set up the booth and sell them. So, like a true Sisters fan, I took the shirts and ran. So I guess Eldritch thinks I owe him for the swag. :wink:
karin

I dreamt about Eldritch a few months ago. He ascended a slope to stand with me. We didn't do anything or say anything we just were. The only sound was that of a wood pigeon, which is a sound I love. It's evocative of warm summer evenings . Now when I've heard one since I think of Eldritch too. That's ok with me.
Zwei bier bitte.....
dead stars

CorpPunk wrote: Actually, I had a thought yesterday that the reason he was trying to take my bag was to make up for all the t-shirts I stole in a previous dream.
:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dead stars

In fact, I have several dreams with Sisters gigs and once I also dreamt I was going to see the Fields of the Nephilim in Porto but I didn't make it to the gig because I arrived too late. 8)
But I never missed a Sisters' gig in my dreams, no, although yes, I've arrived late too, like in real life actually (yes, I know it's blasfemy and I'm a sinner but it happened).
karin

:roll: :von:
Zwei bier bitte.....
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

i used to have this dream more often as a kid (probably to do with the amount of substance abuse i was going through ;)) but i'd dream that i was at a sisters gig, a totally storming gig, but about half way through von would wander off the stage into the smoke, and appear next to me "dan" he says "i'm fookin bolloxed mate, wanna finish the job?¿?¿?¿" and next thing i know i'm the one up in the smoke sing my fav sisters tunes to the pyramid builders down the front"

ok, i'll go back into hiding now ;)

but recently the dream has turned into a nightmare, with the sisters becoming a free form trad jazz band, and von reading bollox poetry over the top and people STILL paying through the nose to go and see this s**t, bitter?¿? me?¿?¿? never ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

after all, i haven't slept with every girl in berlin.....
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++

nearmethexperience wrote: but recently the dream has turned into a nightmare, with the sisters becoming a free form trad jazz band, and von reading bollox poetry over the top and people STILL paying through the nose to go and see this s**t, bitter?¿? me?¿?¿? never ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

after all, i haven't slept with every girl in berlin.....
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:

I hope none of us is psychic... :eek:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

As a teenager I had quite a few dreams about Patricia Morrison...
And that's already way too much information for most of you!

:urff: :oops:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Haha, I suspect many of us did (which is a nice way of saying I'll admit it if everyone else does!)
Chris

Nick_O_Tine
Road Kill

Well, I have had some dreams with Eldritch in the last year. I specially remember two. In one dream I was in a bar I usually go on the weekend with my friends and the barman was saying something about a English guy was going to Dj that night... unexpectedly Eldritch appeared in the bar... he was the guy that was going to Dj!, so I had Andrew right in front of me and I was so shocked. The dream didn´t had more "action" because I was totally impressed and I couldn´t say a word to him. I´m even shy in dreamland :cry: .
In the other dream I was in a Sisters gig in the middle of the mountains. Eldritch looked like exactly like in the Vision thing era and was mixed in the audience after the concert. Another band was performing and he was close to me, he was extremelly tall and I was thinking in all those stories about he was short.
By the way, sorry for my english, I haven´t practice it for a long time :( .