Kai playing Black Planet & RAAHP on Instagram

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dubler6
Road Kill

Last edited by dubler6 on 19 Jun 2024, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DO BLACK PLANET AT THE NEXT GIG
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hihi, and how close Black Planet is to Leviathan in a way ... :) ...
sam1

H. Blackrose wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 00:24 DO BLACK PLANET AT THE NEXT GIG
Funnily enough, that’s what went through my head…seems an odd choice to showcase on IG…maybe it’s ready to debut live??
FireInReptileHouse

H. Blackrose wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 00:24 DO BLACK PLANET AT THE NEXT GIG
My thoughts exactly when I saw this
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

At least here, it requires logging to the Instatfart, so no use for me.
mh
Above the Chemist

I remember Ben I think, a few years ago, saying that the band had an arrangement worked out and it was effectively ready to play, but just needed Von to agree to it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Husek

mh wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:29 I remember Ben I think, a few years ago, saying that the band had an arrangement worked out and it was effectively ready to play, but just needed Von to agree to it.
Same for Possession, which was on two setlists back in 2014 but dropped right before the gigs started.
I believe we even have photos of those two setslits with Possession printed on them.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mh
Above the Chemist

Husek wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:37
mh wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:29 I remember Ben I think, a few years ago, saying that the band had an arrangement worked out and it was effectively ready to play, but just needed Von to agree to it.
Same for Possession, which was on two setlists back in 2014 but dropped right before the gigs started.
I believe we even have photos of those two setslits with Possession printed on them.
I remember rumours that it was down for Amsterdam in 2017 as well.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:19 At least here, it requires logging to the Instatfart, so no use for me.
Open it from espritkai in a new window ... :wink: ...
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Black Planet play through is kinda okay. Like, just playing over the record etc.

But the version of RAAHP Kai is playing slaps. It sounds like he's playing over a meaty actual backing track. It sounds muscular. Love it.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Fk this, where's the vids of him playing along to War On Drugs and Come Together? Black Planet? Black fkng dirge more like.

:innocent:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 22:05 Fk this, where's the vids of him playing along to War On Drugs and Come Together? Black Planet? Black fkng dirge more like.

I'd be overjoyed if both of those songs came back.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 22:05 Fk this, where's the vids of him playing along to War On Drugs and Come Together? Black Planet? Black fkng dirge more like.

Yes my friend! Logged on just for this. Ha.

Chuck in a Slept, Will I Dream and old school Snubnose.

That’s what I say.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
ruffers
Overbomber

So while we’re here, remember how good Walk Away was live a few years go despite Von’s obvious dislike?
Let’s do that
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek

ruffers wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 00:47 So while we’re here, remember how good Walk Away was live a few years go despite Von’s obvious dislike?
Let’s do that
Yeah, that FALAA-packed setlist still brings joy to my heart.

FALAA, Marian, NTTC, Walk Away, Logic, A rock and a Hard Place.

Not to mention we also got Body and Soul and Body Electric back around that time.

Also since we are here, Train/Detonation is a lot, and I mean A LOT better than Jeep/Detonation, and that's a hill I'm willing to die on.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Dr. Moody

Nine While Nine & Ghostrider to end the set. Dream baby dream....
LyanvisAberrant

Dr. Moody wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 06:26 Nine While Nine & Ghostrider to end the set. Dream baby dream....
Nine while nine/ghostrider? In this economy??? :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:55
Bartek wrote: 19 Jun 2024, 14:19 At least here, it requires logging to the Instatfart, so no use for me.
Open it from espritkai in a new window ... :wink: ...
Thanks.

Listened. I'm in between of finishing and presenting last songs from the latest, and maybe even presenting something completely new. But any refresh of the setlist is most welcome.
Dr. Moody

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 10:59
Dr. Moody wrote: 21 Jun 2024, 06:26 Nine While Nine & Ghostrider to end the set. Dream baby dream....
Nine while nine/ghostrider? In this economy??? :lol:
Slim pickings these days alright. Obviously never gonna happen. Debut some more of the new stuff at least.
mh
Above the Chemist

My money's on Black Planet getting a debut on the US tour. It'll tickle Von's catastrophe.
Dr. Moody

Makes sense, Kai isn't going to spend time learning songs that won't get played live when there's so many to catch up on/refine. ARAAHP sounds pretty good, colour me pleasantly surprised.
Being645
Above the Chemist

How about Good Things ... :) ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Purple Light wrote: 20 Jun 2024, 23:33

Yes my friend! Logged on just for this. Ha.

Chuck in a Slept, Will I Dream and old school Snubnose.

That’s what I say.
And follow them with a Romeo Down :D :notworthy:

I get the Black Planet / America joke / context, though Bury Me Deep / Blood Money / Possession would be better choices in my book if they really want to revisit that era. Anyway, same rules apply as ever, not my band so they can play what the fk they like. I'm sure, as with the Walk Away debacle of 2017, 99.9% of the audience will go nuts the second they recognise Black Planet.

At the moment though I'm more interested in Metallica playing Inamorata live than I am the Sisters resurrecting ancient songs.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Remember the time when everyone wanted them to play new songs?! I've seen people in Facebook complaining that they don't know any songs! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation