Walk Away - Live

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Did anyone ever attempt to decipher the lyrics of Walk Away during the Body & Soul Tour (May 1984) which were -correct me if I'm wrong- slightly/somewhat different ? (They seem more like improvised mumblings at some gigs than actual lyrics though :lol: ) ...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
waterisnat
Road Kill

[quote="Hojyuu-obi"]Did anyone ever attempt to decipher the lyrics of Walk Away during the Body & Soul Tour (May 1984) which were -correct me if I'm wrong- slightly/somewhat different ? (They seem more like improvised mumblings at some gigs than actual lyrics though :lol: ) ...[/quote]

They seem more like improvised mumblings 'cause that's exactly what they were at that point: that song was the latest addition to the setlist and Andy was still working on the lyrics. That - or he was too drugged out on that tour to remember that newest set of lyrics he'd just penned.
Hojyuu-obi

waterisnat wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:Did anyone ever attempt to decipher the lyrics of Walk Away during the Body & Soul Tour (May 1984) which were -correct me if I'm wrong- slightly/somewhat different ? (They seem more like improvised mumblings at some gigs than actual lyrics though :lol: ) ...
They seem more like improvised mumblings 'cause that's exactly what they were at that point: that song was the latest addition to the setlist and Andy was still working on the lyrics.
I'm aware that the song was in an early stage of writing (Walk Away 7"/12" released in October), I was just wondering if anyone ever had figured out what exactly he was singing (I'm trainspotting, I know :roll: )
waterisnat wrote:That - or he was too drugged out on that tour to remember that newest set of lyrics he'd just penned
When were they/was he not drugged out ? :innocent:
Hojyuu-obi

What's the best/clearest recording from that period btw ?
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

live in detmold @ hunky dory 29.05.84
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

pearson wrote:live in detmold @ hunky dory 29.05.84
and frankfurt 28.05.84, doesn't help though :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Hojyuu-obi wrote:Did anyone ever attempt to decipher the lyrics of Walk Away during the Body & Soul Tour (May 1984)
Thought I heard:
"And when the flies come down..." :lol:

Seriously!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Red_Kola wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:Did anyone ever attempt to decipher the lyrics of Walk Away during the Body & Soul Tour (May 1984)
Thought I heard:
"And when the flies come down..." :lol:

Seriously!
Probably closer to the truth than it bears thinking about...
LyanvisAberrant

Urm, sorry for the necro, but I've been listening, and:

And in the summer when it's not so easy,
walk around the same old town and...

That's all I got. It took so long to work out aswell. I'm rather intrigued by the tune and rythum to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TszPHa8acs8
(according to Wikipedia, very first time they played it live. It was the first concert with Wayne. )
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.