those damn 52 daughters'

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i've been working away at this and other mysteries for a while now and it struck me that bax had provided the answer, but we ignored it in favour of a deeper meaning - pack of cards, weeks of the year etc.. well why not

Penelope Barker gathered 51 of her friends for a tea party to protest the English government's tax on tea. The women signed an agreement to support the 13 colonies for independence from England. They vowed not to drink tea or buy clothing from England until the tax laws changed. The Edenton tea party was one of the first steps toward the American Revolution.

which seems much easier and therefore, might well be right?

i'm then thinking turn (the gold rush) to chrome

also, i think there is an awful lot of nostromo in dominion. has anyone else read it?

next, temple of love - well my answer :lol: :lol:

all imho 8)

i know, too much thinking :wink:
Goths have feelings too
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Hi Ez,

I've never tried to group his lines. TS etc and throwaways ...

"And the fifty-two daughters of the revolution ...

"
Mother Russia has daughters. Remember all those Soviet posters/images.

"52"

52 weeks in a year. It's about time passing (one year) surely?

"revolution" the earth has spun on it's axis but catching up with the last year (52 weeks)?

Damn fine line though. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

OK, we're looking far too far into the lyrics now.
I've written tons of lyrics with strange and random phrases in, and read lyrics with equally random lyrics. I don't really think Von pays attention to EVERY line he writes. He's just making songs, okay?
aims
Overbomber

Please tell this to the AQA before the week of May 24th. Please? One blinding flash of sense could get me out of 4 hours of literary bullsh**ting hell ;)
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I think Andrew has always built a structure ...then ...played with words to fill in the gaps.

Being an accomplished wordsmith just watch his face on live visual when people are chanting out the lyrics ... :lol:

Who knows? Maybe something glorious is about to happen ..?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.