COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

You should be okay with paracetamol for that. Just use it as if you have a cold & it should help quite a bit.
That's the advice we've been given here & it seems to be fairly obvious.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

got my first Pfizer shot Friday. as soon as the doc called from my parents' village I was on my way to HU:)
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Got my second shot of Biontech. Felt like getting the flu the next morning. Better after taking lots of ibuprofen (which you shouldn't do within the first 8 hours after vaccination, btw.), still dizzy on the morning after, but then it went away. YES! Been there, done that!
iesus
Overbomber

Got my first shot of Pfizer/Biontech. Now checking WiFi and 5G :innocent:
Hope everything goes well 8) :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Ive been given the oppurunity to rebook my second shot for an earlier date so i'm now having it a week from today. will be very glad to have had it i must say.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Second shot done this morning.
Feel like I bashed my arm into something, but I've come home from benders & mosh pits with more aches to be honest. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

"...come home from benders...."

Easy tiger :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote: 26 May 2021, 17:58 "...come home from benders...."

Easy tiger :lol:
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Had my second shot 20 minutes ago. cant remeber ever feeling like such a good citizen before (albeit driven by self interest)

SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Fully vaccinated as of last week - can I hug people now? :wink: :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

SmileySister wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 21:12 Fully vaccinated as of last week - can I hug people now? :wink: :lol:
according to clinical studies you must wait 3-4 days before you can do this with other vaccinated ppl. unvaccinated should be kept away until further ;D
gratz to all those who are fully vacc so far :notworthy:
have 7 days for my second dose :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

husband is getting his second jab on Sunday, then I head off to Hungary on the 16th and getting my second on the 18th. yay!
Being645
Above the Chemist

no chances for a vaccination 'til the end of June over here ... well, maybe next year ... lol ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 10:44 no chances for a vaccination 'til the end of June over here ... well, maybe next year ... lol ...
that's too bad but this is why I chose to get it in Hungary as well. but this week I also got the invite here, nevertheless I am at least a month ahead and i can travel with my vaccination card while we wait for the EU card
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 10:44 no chances for a vaccination 'til the end of June over here ... well, maybe next year ... lol ...
Today I heard that you can search doctors who will vaccinate people without them being patients via internet. A colleague of mine found a dermatologist in Braunschweig who gave her a shot of Johnson and Johnson. The downside was that he apparently tried to convince her of voting for the AFD (German rightwing party) at the next election while giving the vaccination. He also rambled on that vaccines for Corona aren‘t necessary. But at least she got her shot. :? :urff:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Icon wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 12:00
Today I heard that you can search doctors who will vaccinate people without them being patients via internet. A colleague of mine found a dermatologist in Braunschweig who gave her a shot of Johnson and Johnson. The downside was that he apparently tried to convince her of voting for the AFD (German rightwing party) at the next election while giving the vaccination. He also rambled on that vaccines for Corona aren‘t necessary. But at least she got her shot. :? :urff:
Currently they're mainly doing second-dose vaccinations. There are also rumours that first-dose Astra Zeneca and second dose Biontec would give the best result, surely to convince people that Astra is not as bad as its name (and because that's the one available if at all) ...
Where I live plenty people ignore any risks from covid and proudly "don't believe" in "that hysteria". Lovely.
iesus
Overbomber

Just returned home from second dose vaccine :D :D
I will keep you informed how this will go, if you never hear again from me anything, just hear "Dominion/Mother Russia" and drink a beer of your choice in my memory ;D
Cheers :notworthy: :notworthy: :hl:
:bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 19:32 Just returned home from second dose vaccine :D :D
I will keep you informed how this will go, if you never hear again from me anything, just hear "Dominion/Mother Russia" and drink a beer of your choice in my memory ;D
Cheers :notworthy: :notworthy: :hl:
:bat: :bat:
You'll be okay.....ish ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Hope so :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Dan
Overbomber

i had my 2nd AZ on Tuesday. Sometime during the night I developed a sore arm so couldn't sleep on that side, but that's fading now. Also last night (24 hours later) felt a tiny little bit headachey/feverish for a few hours.
iesus
Overbomber

Hope it goes well Dan here was headechey too :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Dan
Overbomber

Yeah it was so mild if it hadn't been for the jab I'd probably have thought it was just the warm weather. Was feeling ok by the time I went to bed.
eastmidswhizzkid

i honestly felt nothing from either of my jabs. not boasting just thanking my lucky stars.

GC
Slight Overbomber

Had my first Pfizer.... two days later felt like I was in the grip of a bad hangover. Lasted until evening.
mh
Above the Chemist

GC wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 13:01 Had my first Pfizer.... two days later felt like I was in the grip of a bad hangover. Lasted until evening.
Different people are clearly different. Aside from the obligatory sore arm I'd a very mild headache for a few hours after, and even that could have just as easily been from the heat, the sun or something else.

Word is that the 2nd shot is more likely to give stronger side effects so interested to discover how that goes.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.