RIP Sir Clive

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... T5rHFqKivQ

Upto 3am most mornings writing crappy programs and then work at 8am. Drawing the TOL cover on the ZX Spectrum, yeah good times . Cheers Clive.
czuczu
Overbomber

Yep, wrote my first stuff on a 48k Speccy - proper childhood hero.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm sure we all remember the huge waiting times when the Speccy first came out? What was actually going on was that Sinclair was using the money from the pre-orders to pay to build the computers themselves. Slightly dodgy computers and slightly dodgy business practices. But yeah without the ZX family (I had a ZX-81 before the Spectrum) I would not be doing the job I do.

RIP Sir Clive.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

markfiend wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 09:48 I'm sure we all remember the huge waiting times when the Speccy first came out? What was actually going on was that Sinclair was using the money from the pre-orders to pay to build the computers themselves. Slightly dodgy computers and slightly dodgy business practices. But yeah without the ZX family (I had a ZX-81 before the Spectrum) I would not be doing the job I do.

RIP Sir Clive.

As our Dad worked in Computers (for British Steel on Teesside) we also had a ZX81. I still remember that horrible Touch Pad, how on ours you really had to press hard in order for the characters to appear on the Monitor Screen. Our next Computer was a BBC Micro Model B. Everyone else at school had the ZX Spectrum (and all those fantastic games....) :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
GC
Slight Overbomber

Had the Spectrum +..... what absolute fun (and absolute frustration - 5 min loading and crash)

10 PRINT "RIP"
20 GO TO 10