NYC life commentary punishment poll

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Did this young man deserve to be fired for this video or not?

Yes.
No votes
No.
100%

Total votes: 7
iesus
Overbomber

This young man was fired due to this video. What do you think? :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Seriously? Was there a detailed explanation?
iesus
Overbomber

Bartek wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 09:08 Seriously? Was there a detailed explanation?
Only a small message that announce it in a some of social media, like twitter and the other with the photos
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't get it. I watched the whole video. Can someone help me out? He's complaining about what they call "food deserts" and he gets fired for it? Have we missed something glaringly obvious?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I-d love to be his lawyer, but on the other hand in Amerika people got a job to loose.
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 09:34 Have we missed something glaringly obvious?
American society has become deeply, deeply deranged over the last 8-10 years.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Only 8-10? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 14:28 Only 8-10? :lol:
The crazy was always there, but it's really ramped up (for instance, I see it in my students - there are a lot more that I would consider to be deeply, deeply disturbed. And disturbing). I've been looking for work (in my rather niche field) in the EU lately because I don't think the political class in this country has the prudence and statesmanship to manage the extremely ugly passions that have been building up over the last 8-10 years (or the last 22).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah I can totally sympathise with anyone in the US that wants to get out. Stuff is starting to look really scary over there.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Things getting really edgy and hardcore, almost like both sides just discovered they on the trenches.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Yeah, I agree with both of you.

My second cousin runs a sheep farm out in rural Ireland - sometimes I think about abandoning academia and working for him. It wouldn’t be a bad life. I could still write and dealing with sheep can’t be all that different from dealing with students.

The sheep might be better conversationalists come to think of it.
--
iesus
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 18:07 dealing with sheep can’t be all that different from dealing with students.

The sheep might be better conversationalists come to think of it.
+1 i agree to that and confirm it from personal experience, that involves also goats along sheeps and ofc students. Also i could confirm that goats, although they are more intense and need more effort can be better than sheeps in many cases. I believe that students today are more brainwashed and handled than sheeps. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
robm
Amphetamine Filth

He was not just fired for that video, but in UK terms it"s as if he was walking along Brick lane asking where all the real food was -

https://cheezburger.com/1274375/bodega- ... eserved-it