If you're having a bad day... (currently happy)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i just saw i am now responsible for writing >2% of this forum. little things please little minds and all that..... :innocent: :roll:
Amateur ;)
advanced, forthright, signifficant
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i just saw i am now responsible for writing >2% of this forum. little things please little minds and all that..... :innocent: :roll:
Amateur ;)
i've realised that, with all of my many talents, being an enthusiastic amateur gives you a license to commit attrocities that no professional could ever get away with :twisted:
Long Live Gonzoid Amyphetamine Filth! :wink:

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

have been having a lovely long chat with Simon Hinkler -mainly about Artery- and he is a bloody nice chap. proving once again that actuallly i regard the orig mish line-up as heroes. in fact the only thing i have against the band at all is the shit-stirring elememnt of their fanbase who a) lied to Wayne about US (sisters fans) and who b) thought trolling this very forum was a good idea. :von:

Swinnow
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:have been having a lovely long chat with Simon Hinkler -mainly about Artery- and he is a bloody nice chap. proving once again that actuallly i regard the orig mish line-up as heroes. in fact the only thing i have against the band at all is the shit-stirring elememnt of their fanbase who a) lied to Wayne about US (sisters fans) and who b) thought trolling this very forum was a good idea. :von:
Slink is, indeed, a lovely chap. Unfortunately though, both of the respective fanbases have their extremist fundamentalist wings. Thankfully these flagbearers, on both sides, are readily identifiable and easily ignored.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:have been having a lovely long chat with Simon Hinkler -mainly about Artery- and he is a bloody nice chap. proving once again that actuallly i regard the orig mish line-up as heroes. in fact the only thing i have against the band at all is the shit-stirring elememnt of their fanbase who a) lied to Wayne about US (sisters fans) and who b) thought trolling this very forum was a good idea. :von:
Slink is, indeed, a lovely chap. Unfortunately though, both of the respective fanbases have their extremist fundamentalist wings. Thankfully these flagbearers, on both sides, are readily identifiable and easily ignored.
just hate the thought of la huss having been told we hated him when he's one of my lifelong heroes chris. but yeah fuck #em. :von:

Swinnow
Overbomber

I think La Huss is more than capable of fighting his own battles, especially in the social media age we all troll in. Am pretty sure he is now also aware of the initially well intentioned ribbing of the M****** and That Guitarist auto-corrects. The issue lies with the zealots on both sides who didn't, or rather chose not to, see the original humourous intent or identify the target of the dig. I see parallels today in the uninformed targeting of Fawlty Towers by certain flowery twats.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Point of information: it's John Cleese himself who has asked for that episode of Fawlty Towers be suppressed.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

After at least two years of fighting with the swine at the condo association, we finally have a reasonably waterproof home (I hope!).

We have a balcony that has been a source of lots of leaks, arguments, and interior water damage (hopefully repaired soon). After eight weeks of sometimes painfully loud repair work (that coincided with work-from-home/lockdown), I can finally sit on the balcony without being miserably worried about leaks (I hope!)

Additionally, it’s weirdly cool and non-humid tonight (when they call DC a swamp it’s only partly metaphorical). So I’m sitting on the balcony, enjoying a warm and non-humid evening, listening to Colter Wall records on my phone and drinking ciders from Texas. And since I live on the Hill, July 4th fireworks have already started (they run until mid August I guess). It’s wonderful.

So, summing up: Texas cider. Canadian country music. Chinese fireworks launched by Americans. And I can sleep soundly when it rains.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid

CHAMPIONS!!!1
@ENGLAND
@EUR5OPE
@EARTH
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :von:

Swinnow
Overbomber

Campione, Campione

From the Red & White bit of Pudsey :notworthy:
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

Spent our 15th wedding anniversary in the mountains. Couldn’t be happier.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
eastmidswhizzkid

sultan2075 wrote:Spent our 15th wedding anniversary in the mountains. Couldn’t be happier.
15 years is really good going these days i reckom. congrats sir :notworthy:

sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

Thank you; it’s been a fast 15 years. Hard to believe it’s just over 20 since I met her.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:Spent our 15th wedding anniversary in the mountains. Couldn’t be happier.
Many congrats to you both :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Congratz and happy anniversary! :)

Dedicated Socrates - Mountains to you both :bat:
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Being645
Above the Chemist

Lovely ... :) ... best wishes for another happy 15 years, at least ... :D ...

I'm happy too, got my car through the technical inspection, yesterday ... hah, sigh ...
it was expensive (new brakes all over), but now there's another two years without all too many worries in this direction.
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

Thanks everyone!
Being645
Above the Chemist

I received a letter yesterday saying: "I hereby nullify the penalty notice for fast driving against you. All proceedings against you are closed. The sum you paid is returned to your account within short" ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... I couldn't believe it and checked my account and indeed - they retransferred the money already ... :D :D :D ... oh hell, what a relief ... and no traffic violation points in Flensburg, either ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 10:03
I received a letter yesterday saying: "I hereby nullify the penalty notice for fast driving against you. All proceedings against you are closed. The sum you paid is returned to your account within short" ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... I couldn't believe it and checked my account and indeed - they retransferred the money already ... :D :D :D ... oh hell, what a relief ... and no traffic violation points in Flensburg, either ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Result.
Go you! :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

A friend of mine from the UK arrived today & brought me oxo cubes, Branston pickle, Coleman's English mustard, & (suck on this Truss) Stilton.
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Found a 20,000 huf note on the floor in the car park outside the local cash & carry.
Put a whole new slant on the term "cash & carry" really :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity