George Luca$, what a ****

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:
markfiend wrote:Was that called for?
I would say not.

And to add to what Mark said...Keep it civil please.
However labeling a movie as pish was not called for either......hence my reply............
DasPerltAber

I don't know how you can claim that Dawn of the Dead is anything more than an average B-movie.

(Edit to add: I seem to have missed most of this page of the topic. I thought the DotD post was near the thread end.)
The reason why is because Dawn Of The Dead is the BEST movie ever........and in MY little universe.....Romero is GOD, Fulci LIVES and yes.....mr. Tom Savini is pretty damn close to being Christ himself...........
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DasPerltAber wrote:However labeling a movie as pish was not called for either......hence my reply............
Yeah it wasn't an insult directed at you though was it?

Never mind, let it lie. We can agree to disagree. Friends? :kiss:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

DasPerltAber wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
I would say not.

And to add to what Mark said...Keep it civil please.
However labeling a movie as pish was not called for either......hence my reply............
We're all entitled to our opinions here. But we don't have to tolerate abuse. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Go fu ck yirsel! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:Go fu ck yirsel! :lol:
Ever the peacemaker :lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DasPerltAber

To end this once and fer frigging all...... IN MY Universe....which I have stated before........;-)

The top 3 directors are: George A. Romero, Lucio Fulci and R. Scott

The top 3 writers are: Clive Barker,. H.P. Lovecraft and E.A. Poe

And the gods of GORE are: Tom Savini, Gregory Nicotero and Screaming Mad George.....

And those are FACTS

And I now have to move on as EVH has just released a new guitar....which will probably be traveling back with me in 3 weeks from now. ;-)
James Blast
Banned

here's an alternative movie universe for ye's - http://www.cracked.com/article_18658_6- ... nutes.html
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DasPerltAber wrote:IN MY Universe....which I have stated before........;-)
Ah yes, I did miss that bit :lol:

(Just fired up James's linky...)
—Bertrand Russell
DasPerltAber

James Blast wrote:here's an alternative movie universe for ye's - http://www.cracked.com/article_18658_6- ... nutes.html
Thank you for your suggestion. However...no gore is a no go, dude...... and there are only a few exceptions to that rule......
James Blast
Banned

you really have no sense of humour, don'tcha?
~ Peter Steele
DasPerltAber

I am not scottisch....so I guess I DO.......;-)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You can get lost in lists on that cracked site :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
DasPerltAber

Ok.....James.......I admit it IS funny....hehe......;-)
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:However...the Romero and Fulci bits are undisputed.......;-) I mean....come on..the original Dawn Of The Dead is the best movie ever made....
I am treading on very dangerous grounds now, but I always thought that day of the dead was actually superior to dawn....best movie ever!
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²

DasPerltAber wrote:Clive was only involved with Hellraiser 1&2, Nightbreed, Rawhead Rex, Lord Of Illusions, the first Candyman, Midnight Meat Train and Book Of Blood..all of those were WAY above average.....

I am sorry if you obviously don't know your horror movies... better go back to watching Scream 2 and be REALLY scared , James..
Nightbreed was NOT above average, I could name at least 100 horror movies that are beter, might even find 200
randdebiel²

I don't know how you can claim that Dawn of the Dead is anything more than an average B-movie.

(Edit to add: I seem to have missed most of this page of the topic. I thought the DotD post was near the thread end.)
ouch! that is total and utter nonsense!
James Blast
Banned

surely it's all objective, let's take a step back and... relax
~ Peter Steele
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

:eek:

are you ok, James m'dear?
James Blast
Banned

Get Bent! ;D
~ Peter Steele
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i tremble and obey

:P ;D
James Blast
Banned

I will teach you the meaning of the word respect :lol:
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69

Always a s hi t fight whenever anyone mentions George Luca$ on the interwebs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo. My fave rumour about the original version debacle is that he won't release the theatrical editions cos his ex-missus would be entitled to a slice of the pie!
DasPerltAber

randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:However...the Romero and Fulci bits are undisputed.......;-) I mean....come on..the original Dawn Of The Dead is the best movie ever made....
I am treading on very dangerous grounds now, but I always thought that day of the dead was actually superior to dawn....best movie ever!
Day Of The Dead is pretty close to Dawn.........effects are superior........as is part of the story line.......HOWEVER.........Dawn was and will always be the first PROPER zombie movie...with a LOT of social criticism added........
DasPerltAber

randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:Clive was only involved with Hellraiser 1&2, Nightbreed, Rawhead Rex, Lord Of Illusions, the first Candyman, Midnight Meat Train and Book Of Blood..all of those were WAY above average.....

I am sorry if you obviously don't know your horror movies... better go back to watching Scream 2 and be REALLY scared , James..
Nightbreed was NOT above average, I could name at least 100 horror movies that are beter, might even find 200
Yes, it was.........therefore it is in my 300+ horror dvd collection...top 100......? Nope...but definitely in the top 250.