Currently listening to. The expanded remastered box set.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Locked
User avatar
Andie
Overbomber
Posts: 2905
Joined: 06 Jun 2003, 23:49

Image

Heard snippets of this and then youtubed it last night...purchased it this morning :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7377
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

Bought it yesterday - very Summery vibe innit? :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Sure is. Love the album :notworthy:
I think they need to be on the bill for that Loop curated ATP fest in december, I really do ;D


CLT some ultrafine Carl Craig tracks...
in dub we trust
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7377
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

radiojamaica wrote:Sure is. Love the album :notworthy:
I think they need to be on the bill for that Loop curated ATP fest in december, I really do ;D


CLT some ultrafine Carl Craig tracks...
Ah man. I would so love to be going to that. Shame it's so feckin' expensive.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Hom_Corleone wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Sure is. Love the album :notworthy:
I think they need to be on the bill for that Loop curated ATP fest in december, I really do ;D


CLT some ultrafine Carl Craig tracks...
Ah man. I would so love to be going to that. Shame it's so feckin' expensive.
Yeah, it's not cheap. On the other hand. Rent a cabin someplace for a weekend and chances are you pay roughly the same without any of those amazing bands to see...
I've wanted to go to an ATP fest for years and always found a reason (mostly money) to bail out, but it's my last chance now so I just gave myself no room to doubt. We'll be in a cabin there this time round (Z, some other friends & me) and I'm sure we could fit you in a cupboard left or right :idea: :innocent:
Would be a great place to finally meet in person, right :D


CLT At Les...
in dub we trust
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7377
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

radiojamaica wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Sure is. Love the album :notworthy:
I think they need to be on the bill for that Loop curated ATP fest in december, I really do ;D


CLT some ultrafine Carl Craig tracks...
Ah man. I would so love to be going to that. Shame it's so feckin' expensive.
Yeah, it's not cheap. On the other hand. Rent a cabin someplace for a weekend and chances are you pay roughly the same without any of those amazing bands to see...
I've wanted to go to an ATP fest for years and always found a reason (mostly money) to bail out, but it's my last chance now so I just gave myself no room to doubt. We'll be in a cabin there this time round (Z, some other friends & me) and I'm sure we could fit you in a cupboard left or right :idea: :innocent:
Would be a great place to finally meet in person, right :D
Now you have my attention. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Hom_Corleone wrote:Now you have my attention. :P
We need to think it through, that's fo sure 8)
in dub we trust
User avatar
Andie
Overbomber
Posts: 2905
Joined: 06 Jun 2003, 23:49

While you two sort out your winter love in :roll: :lol:

Image

The Mrs asked to listen to some Elvis...don't think this is quite who she meant :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5922
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

Swans - The Sound (Live)

one of the best track. but Mr Gira wrote a lot of good, very good and great songs.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Andie wrote:While you two sort out your winter love in :roll: :lol:
:oops: :innocent:


Image
in dub we trust
User avatar
Andie
Overbomber
Posts: 2905
Joined: 06 Jun 2003, 23:49

Image
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
User avatar
sultan2075
Overbomber
Posts: 2029
Joined: 04 Mar 2005, 19:17
Location: Mordor-on-the-Potomac
Contact:

Image

A very, very fine record.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8838
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

Something appropriate for this weather ;D

Image

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Something appropriate for this weather ;D

Image

IZ.
haha, I was listening to that one at the office this morning and to this one on the way home:

Image

There must be something in the air here ;D
in dub we trust
User avatar
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 517
Joined: 18 Mar 2013, 21:58
Location: Where the wild roses grow.
Contact:

Image

A magical piece of work :)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 15045
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Image

A magical piece of work :)
Have to say I agree.
Much deeper than the first album (which was still a goody).
Just love that voice.
Oh. & the red hair :oops:

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5922
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

sultan2075 wrote:Image

A very, very fine record.
i was listening several days ago few songs- i must say i was impressed, progress that the made is really nice. i'm even considering to buy that album
User avatar
sultan2075
Overbomber
Posts: 2029
Joined: 04 Mar 2005, 19:17
Location: Mordor-on-the-Potomac
Contact:

Bartek wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:Image

A very, very fine record.
i was listening several days ago few songs- i must say i was impressed, progress that the made is really nice. i'm even considering to buy that album
I'm really enjoying it. I think it's better than both Era Vulgaris and Lullabies to Paralyze. It reminds me a bit of Rated R, strangely, even though it doesn't really sound like it. I think it's one of the best things they've done. Both My God is the Sun and Kalopsia in particular really do it for me.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6640
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Something appropriate for this weather ;D

Image

IZ.
haha, I was listening to that one at the office this morning and to this one on the way home:

Image

There must be something in the air here ;D
:eek:

:wink: :twisted:

Image
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5922
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

Queen of the Stone Age - ... Like Clockwork
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8838
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

Big Si wrote:
Image
DARKTHRONE!!

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
User avatar
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 661
Joined: 15 May 2006, 00:56
Location: Kelso

Image
User avatar
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 517
Joined: 18 Mar 2013, 21:58
Location: Where the wild roses grow.
Contact:

Pista wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:Image

A magical piece of work :)
Have to say I agree.
Much deeper than the first album (which was still a goody).
Just love that voice.
Oh. & the red hair :oops:

;D
Has more of an atmosphere than the first.
Which reminds me.

Image
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Big Si wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Something appropriate for this weather ;D

Image

IZ.
haha, I was listening to that one at the office this morning and to this one on the way home:

Image

There must be something in the air here ;D
:eek:

:wink: :twisted:

Image

:lol:

:notworthy:



Image
in dub we trust
User avatar
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 411
Joined: 13 Jul 2011, 04:48
Location: NZ

Andie wrote:While you two sort out your winter love in :roll: :lol:

Image

The Mrs asked to listen to some Elvis...don't think this is quite who she meant :innocent:
One of the first records I ever owned, and has scarce been bettered.

Once again, I am :notworthy: your musical taste
Locked