European Championship

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I hope France wins tomorrow, I don't want to see Merkel in the VIP stand at the final.. :urff:
GC
Slight Overbomber

I was almost right....goddamit.

But who would have thought this a year ago. Wales in the semi final. :notworthy: :notworthy: :D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

well i hope that germany win today. it wil be a boring old final if its france and portugal i think.

hard luck Wales. you did the UK proud, which was nice. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yes hoping for France tonight. I was bored to death yesterday and if Portugal plays Germany, then god or whomever saves us all. you know really the group matches were so much more fun. meh. i am going to have withdrawal symptoms soon
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote:yes hoping for France tonight. I was bored to death yesterday and if Portugal plays Germany, then god or whomever saves us all. you know really the group matches were so much more fun. meh. i am going to have withdrawal symptoms soon
I still think the Hungary v Portugal match was the best game of the tournament so far.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
sziamiau wrote:yes hoping for France tonight. I was bored to death yesterday and if Portugal plays Germany, then god or whomever saves us all. you know really the group matches were so much more fun. meh. i am going to have withdrawal symptoms soon
I still think the Hungary v Portugal match was the best game of the tournament so far.
yes! that flow, and no weird things, just football. those type of mathces are why we watch. le sigh
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So, France vs Portugal. Well, if Portugal gonna play like they did in semifinal, then maybe final will be good game.
Being645
Above the Chemist

The finale should become an interesting match. The French have played very well all the time,
while Portugal has played well only when necessary, and with luck ... :lol: ... now there's something at stake for them ...

I think it's gonna be quite a struggle for both teams ... ;D ... exciting ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

From my perspective, it was a typical boring final game. Yet winning of Portugal was quite a suprise. It was nice to see that France really tried to push that goal - they played 'till the very end.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I think it was a great match ... ;D ... so many chances for both sides towards the end of it. And Portugal has won ... ;D ;D ;D ... with luck
and deservedly, just like they said afterwards. They were stronger because they are such a great team of good players with a very strong
spirit of keeping together, including Christiano Ronaldo. That was their masterpiece. No easy learn and believe, but they managed.

Congrats Portugal !!! ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And France. Oh, it is a sad moment now. And they also are a strong team of good players.
No doubt they're gonna win another championship sooner or later. I'd wish it for them.
Anyway, they're not alone - Portugal has been there before, where they are now. ... :wink: :kiss: ...
GC
Slight Overbomber

GC wrote: 10 Jun 2016, 08:27 ...I hope you all know that Wales are going to win. :D
Here we go again.... I hope you all know that Wales are going to win :D :P
Pista
Cureboi

Just for a bit of fun I've set up a predictor league. It's totally free to join & I've set it so that anyone in the league can invite friends too.
Details
Pista has invited you to join "You Could Be The Win". This is a mini-league they are competing in at Predict the Football.

Predict the Football is a site where you can show just how much you know about football, by predicting the results of European Championship fixtures.

To enter the mini-league you first need to sign up for your free profile with Predict the Football. Then go to the "Join Mini-League" page and enter the code 300936.

Good luck with your predictions!

Predict the Football
https://euros.predictthefootball.com
It's not as involved as fantasy footy in that you don't need to faff about picking teams & wotnot. You just predict what you think the scores will be & score points based on how well you predict.
Please feel free to join & spread the word :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well there has been some interesting matches so far. I have not kept up with football so sometimes I did not even know the players, but rather the coaches: Shevchenko and the like. I am already happy, felt like we won the whole championship with that draw with France:). Can't wait to watch the rest of it, hopefully more relaxed now
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I am still quite embarrassed that the Summer Breeze Festival (in Bavaria, two months from now) is canceled while 14000 football fans in Munich (multiple times, NOW) are ok.
eastmidswhizzkid

ha! now is the time for all the eejits to start claiming that england are going to win the bloody thing. wouldnt it be ironic if they did post brexit...no. it wouldn't.

emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I'm not so sure... it's fairly obviousl we're not in the same class as some of them. It'll be hope-fuelled luck if we get a sniff of it.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Being645
Above the Chemist

emilystrange wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 21:46 I'm not so sure... it's fairly obviousl we're not in the same class as some of them. It'll be hope-fuelled luck if we get a sniff of it.
Oh well, you can say that from a German perspective as well. Most (well almost) of their goals were scored by opposing players ... :innocent: ...
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Watching England play so far has been a good cure for insomnia .
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I'm pretty proud of the Hungarian team, certainly should be in the last 16. anyways world cup qualifiers coming soon. at least I dont have to freak out now when watching the rest of the matches.
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 10:22 I'm pretty proud of the Hungarian team, certainly should be in the last 16. anyways world cup qualifiers coming soon. at least I dont have to freak out now when watching the rest of the matches.
Both the France game & the Germany game were great to watch.
Some real promise there if they can play like that all the time.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Second match I didn't have Spain down for 5 goals
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Tonight has been glorious silly football, thank God England v Germany will slow my heart rate tomorrow.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

It’s been fabulous today. Love it!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Blimmin football, don't ya love it
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

the germans are the 'aus-gang' heheh and the frogs have 'hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-hopped it'...as for the spanish, when 'day-go' we will be the supreme champions of a europe most of the pondlife/parklife dont want to be a part of!

...but that won't happen cuz we'll get beat by the czechs...& thats cool- czech is my favourite country that i dont live in. ;D