(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

I still can’t believe this is really happening. Have been reading about the „progress“ in the brexit negotiations every day, failing to believe it is going to end like this.
Living in Germany we always looked to the UK in the eighties for bands, fashion, youth culture and much more. I‘ve personally always felt very close to you folks across the channel.
I know this doesn’t have to change the way people feel towards each other but I‘m really saddened and disappointed too.
... since I am married already, no offers to EvilBastard from me though :lol: :lol:

Hopefully things won’t turn out quite as bad as expected :(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I know that it's going to be bad for the whole of the UK but it's Northern Ireland that really concerns me. The Tories seem happy and willing to throw the Good Friday agreement under the bus. Less than three weeks left and still nobody knows where they stand. What a shower of shít.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's not exactly easy delivering a presentation on the work you've been doing for the past month over Micro$haft Teams while there's a bunch of blokes digging up the road right outside the house. Cnuts.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Facebook is fcuking stupid.

On a Young Ones page they had posted Rik's "people's poet" bit. I commented neil's line "Hey, Mike is it actually, like, possible to kill yourself with laxative tablets?"

Apparently putting the words "kill yourself" in a comment, even when that comment is very very obviously a quote from the show, is enough to get you a warning and a 24-hour time-out. FFS.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 14:10 Facebook is fcuking stupid.

On a Young Ones page they had posted Rik's "people's poet" bit. I commented neil's line "Hey, Mike is it actually, like, possible to kill yourself with laxative tablets?"

Apparently putting the words "kill yourself" in a comment, even when that comment is very very obviously a quote from the show, is enough to get you a warning and a 24-hour time-out. FFS.
The Twitters does that too I believe
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 14:10 Facebook is fcuking stupid.

i was banned for saying "Hitler was a cunt to the fucking Jews" which even holocaust deniers would have to admit is a matter of historical fact.
EDIT: if you post Brian's 'proud to be jewish' speech from "lLfe of Brian" (i'm a kyke , a heebie etc...) without quotation marks..... see you later!

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah, but brother Lee you get banned all the time :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 16:22 Yeah, but brother Lee you get banned all the time :lol:
i was warned after saying i dislike Xtians ...so hate speech stamped on, lets go for opinion speech...
the whole problem is theres no human subject/objectivity in the censorship. i was banned (twice) for calling my sister a theiving pikey bitch. i tried to explain that i was a romany gypsy so actually calling my sister a pikey -which she is- isnt racist as i am a pikey too. bot wot not got? BRAINS,....

Swinnow
Overbomber

Well Facebookers will Facebook. Best to leave the ingrates to it. I only maintain my account because of tardy old Yorkshire former colleagues who point blank refuse to move off Messenger, stubborn is too gentle a description for them.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Just been to do some shopping for some old folks & the shops, ahead of the long weekend, are absolutely rammed with idiots from plague central (Budapest) all down to tend to their summer houses & they have absolutely no concept of social distancing.
Or manners.
Fcuking arrogant cnuts!
Safe to say I'm a tad stressed right now
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

On Saturday I mowed a very large lawn & filled up a couple of garden waste sacks with the grass cuttings as the garden rubbish bin was already full from my gardening antics 2 days before.
Collection day is tomorrow so I went over to the house to put the bin & the sacks out the front to be picked up.
The sacks are bio-degradable (a good thing really). But I didn't expect them to bio-degrade within 72 hours so that when I lift one up it splits bang in the middle, spewing grass cuttings all over the floor. To make matters worse, it's blowing s fcuking gale here today & so I spent an hour or so re-capturing all the cuttings to put into a new sack for tomorrow's collection. :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

for two days now the neighbours have been redoing their front and back garden laying concrete tiles.
i am all about the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees.
the noise when slicing the tiles and the pounding that makes the house vibrate has given me a two day headache and my ears seem to be buzzing.
fcuking w@nkers! obviously global warming means nothing to them.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

never gonna get vaccinated here in NL. this is a proper mess:(
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sziamiau wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 15:10 never gonna get vaccinated here in NL. this is a proper mess:(
it is a proper mess! my father - in - law who is 75 received his jab last week. so who knows how long we will have to wait. it is ridiculous.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 15:10 never gonna get vaccinated here in NL. this is a proper mess:(
Oh well, just like here in Germany ... :( ... at least my over-80s parents got their second dose yesterday.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah in Hungary all my friends in my age group are getting the vaccines, in the US you could get vaccinated without waiting in some states. I am starting to become desperate. never mind that I have meet and greet tickets for New York for MC mid July. I hope they will postpone or refund. that's a lot of money. also my butt hurts from sitting and working for hours and hours:(
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yes, the lack of phyiscal activity and the view of further losses through missing gigs, that's what really angers me most. We can only hope that all of a sudden vaccinations speed up somewhat. At least it's getting warmer, so some exercises in fresh air are in perspective, eventually... :wink: ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:29 Yes, the lack of phyiscal activity and the view of further losses through missing gigs, that's what really angers me most. We can only hope that all of a sudden vaccinations speed up somewhat. At least it's getting warmer, so some exercises in fresh air are in perspective, eventually... :wink: ...
I tend to run or walk whenever I can. the cold weather didn't bother me in Jan and Feb but now I just can' handle it anymore. anyways I did go out this morning so at least I had a bit of exercise. tomorrow and Friday working until 1:00 am thanks to time difference with the US but need to sneak in some time to move
Being645
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 13:54
Being645 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 22:29 Yes, the lack of phyiscal activity and the view of further losses through missing gigs, that's what really angers me most. We can only hope that all of a sudden vaccinations speed up somewhat. At least it's getting warmer, so some exercises in fresh air are in perspective, eventually... :wink: ...
I tend to run or walk whenever I can. the cold weather didn't bother me in Jan and Feb but now I just can' handle it anymore. anyways I did go out this morning so at least I had a bit of exercise. tomorrow and Friday working until 1:00 am thanks to time difference with the US but need to sneak in some time to move
Other than me. I've spent the past few months in a combination of hibernation and mainly nocturnal activity, without much time for outdoor exercises. Now that it's April I feel the urgent need to go outside and move again ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It seems to me to be thoroughly unfair that I didn't have any booze yesterday yet I've still awoken feeling hungover.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Just put a jalapeño covered finger in my eye.
:x
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 17:40 Just put a jalapeño covered finger in my eye.
:eek: :eek:
milk milk milk milk only known succesful anditote for Capsaicin :notworthy: :notworthy:

:bat: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 19:27
Pista wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 17:40 Just put a jalapeño covered finger in my eye.
:eek: :eek:
milk milk milk milk only known succesful anditote for Capsaicin :notworthy: :notworthy:

:bat: :bat: :bat:
I did consider it, but I really really hate milk. Even touching it :urff:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

@Pista there is nothing else as it for that case :lol:
Make you heart stone and do it :lol: :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."