(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

...firefox. i have noticed recently that C-cleaner -a previously swift and efficient temp file/registry cleaner- has been labouring for ages whilst cleaning the firefox internet cache. in a fit of pique last night i just deleted the firefox profile folder in it's entirety as i was in a hurry and consequently this morning firefox wouldnt work. fair enough. so i totally uninstalled firefox, reinstalled it and it still wouldn't work!!. for the same stated reason as before: firefox profile cant be found. so does this mean that a previously non-intrusive tool has now become something that not only leaves secret files on your pc when its uninstalled, but should you somehow get rid of said file punishes you by never working again? i had to system restore to get firefox working which also meant having to reinstall 3 big games i had installed only yesterday. a proper ball-ache.

EDIT: so swear-filter doesnt work in thread titles? useless :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Firefox has been playing up for me a bit lately. It wouldn't let me into my gmail account earlier. which just fueled my already rampant paranoia about the FBI and the NSA.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I'm still with Chrome but using Tor whenever I can. GMail I keep around for the stuff I don't care about, but email is on Proton these days.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:.
EDIT: so swear-filter doesnt work in thread titles? useless :lol:
We leave all the loopholes for you to find :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I finally gave up on the 'fox, myself. :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

Today I drove almost to Budapest to buy a new UHD telly that I had wanted for a while & was on special offer today only.
Drove all the way back after signing a trillion bits of paper for bank transfers & so on (1.5 hours each way & another half hour in the store). Carefully unpacked all the bits & bobs (stand, remote, a bunch of other accessories) & assembled it.
AND IT DOESN'T f**king WORK! :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Special offer they said... :evil:
Always the same, in every part of this planet :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote:Special offer they said... :evil:
Always the same, in every part of this planet :urff:
I even tried the demo one they had out in the store & it was lovely.
& you know what it's like, you get a bazillion little bags with all the bits & bobs that you have to unpack & then have to re-pack & ......it makes my blood boil.
Anyway, Samsung are sending someone with a replacement next week sometime. They're not damn well leaving until it's up & running though.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just make sure he doesn't install the CIA upgrade for Samsung TV's from a memory stick.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote:Just make sure he doesn't install the CIA upgrade for Samsung TV's from a memory stick.
Haha.
The CIA can spy on me if they really have nothing better to do.
They'll love Basil, who was a massive "help" when I was assembling it
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... Basil was surely anticipating the result ... :lol: ...

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not working as a Samsung service employee anywhere near you these days ... :innocent: ...
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

In no particular order:

* Consistently getting Fair Isle and Faeroes the wrong way around in my memorisation of shipping forecast locations. (Long story.)

* Inability to locate stash of white carbon paper.

* Mothering Sunday being called "Mother's Day". [Grinds teeth]

* Widespread failure to understand my Latin Mass pizza joke.

* People being wrong and deeply unappreciative of my selfless and altruist efforts to correct them. O: )
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Doctor deciding to prescribe me 60 painkillers for 28 days when I say I go through 4-8 a day. On my notes it has knows what he is doing with medication, alas that doctor retired. So now I am in the position of too much pain that knocks on to no energy that increases the pain and so on. FFS I have been taking various pain killers for 9 years, have swapped from one highly addictive opiate to another and coped with the s**t of withdrawal each time. I know they are addictive but and not healthy but its a simple choice, some vestige of life or none as I can do nothing.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

Alex66 wrote:Doctor deciding to prescribe me 60 painkillers for 28 days when I say I go through 4-8 a day. On my notes it has knows what he is doing with medication, alas that doctor retired. So now I am in the position of too much pain that knocks on to no energy that increases the pain and so on. FFS I have been taking various pain killers for 9 years, have swapped from one highly addictive opiate to another and coped with the s**t of withdrawal each time. I know they are addictive but and not healthy but its a simple choice, some vestige of life or none as I can do nothing.
This sounds super shitty. Is it a GP or a consultant doing the prescribing?
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
iesus
Overbomber

Basil is looking anxious to see videos with kittens in the new samsung :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote:Basil is looking anxious to see videos with kittens in the new samsung :lol:
He'll have to wait.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Just on my way to Budapest to change my telly aaaaaaand the steering's just gone on the car :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I saw an advert on the TV for a Building Society

And there is some bloke in late middle-age wittering on that he would have swapped Glam Rock for Smart Phones, Apps and Tweets

This really f**king irritates me

I am a bloke in late middle-age and I certainly wouldn't swap Glam Rock for his stupid techno trifles
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
EvilBastard
Overbomber

million voices wrote:I saw an advert on the TV for a Building Society

And there is some bloke in late middle-age wittering on that he would have swapped Glam Rock for Smart Phones, Apps and Tweets

This really f**king irritates me

I am a bloke in late middle-age and I certainly wouldn't swap Glam Rock for his stupid techno trifles
Techno trifles? Fah! You young'uns don't know nowt from nowt. We didn't have techno trifles in t'70s, 'twere all analog.

But yes, that ad gets right up my nose too.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

Someone say trifle?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Nooooooo
Netflix cancels "Sense8," arguably the most progressive scifi show ever - http://www.salon.com/2017/06/01/netflix ... cancelled/
sultan2075
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Nooooooo
Netflix cancels "Sense8," arguably the most progressive scifi show ever - http://www.salon.com/2017/06/01/netflix ... cancelled/
Never actually seen it, but praising it as "progressive" rather than "good" might suggest something about why it is being cancelled...

:innocent:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

Damn!
I expect the Wachowskis had a fight with another cast member. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

That phrase reminded me back in 90's when i asked a friend what did he prefer to listen motorhead or dream theater (i had only those 2 tapes with me) and his answer was: i would like to hear something progressive today. Put the dream theatre on
;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:
Never actually seen it, but praising it as "progressive" rather than "good" might suggest something about why it is being cancelled...

:innocent:
It was actually very good. Batshiat crazy in places, but very clever & original (a rarity these days).
I've read it was more likely the costs as they were using about a dozen location globally for scenes, but the biggest p!sser is that season 2 ended really up in the air.
I think if they have to can it, then to make at least a feature length finale that ties it all up would be the better way to go.
Maybe another network will pick it up. I do hope somehow to see it conclude properly though.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity