(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bad luck again, but hey, 18 months without is also very good news. Also, there is a certain likeliness of things not coming into being having been wrong, anyway. Just like when in car traffic, everybody seems to drive like idiots, and when - eventually - you find a gap to overtake ... boom, there's the mobile speed camera ... best wishes, little PiB ... :wink: ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

so I started my new job January 1st which is fantastic but turns out I have to travel when the Maastricht gig is. In 2020 they cancelled just right before and now can't go to the gig and can't throw and nice little heartland party the day after for you guys:( I don't even know what other gigs I can go now. maybe Liege at least
Being645
Above the Chemist

Just when I was about buying a second HD for backups, the HD with my entire Sisters archive simply stopped working two weeks after the guarantee had expired... feels like all of a sudden being totally deprived and disconnected. After the first deeply paralysing shock, I contacted the manufactures. As a courtesy, they're sending me a new drive and try to recover all the data... oh hell, I can only hope ...

@ sziamiau
So hopefully see you in Liège... if that should really take place in spring at all ... :wink: ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:24 Just when I was about buying a second HD for backups, the HD with my entire Sisters archive simply stopped working two weeks after the guarantee had expired... feels like all of a sudden being totally deprived and disconnected. After the first deeply paralysing shock, I contacted the manufactures. As a courtesy, they're sending me a new drive and try to recover all the data... oh hell, I can only hope ...

@ sziamiau
So hopefully see you in Liège... if that should really take place in spring at all ... :wink: ...
Nightmare! Give us a shout if you need assistance with restocking.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:24 Just when I was about buying a second HD for backups, the HD with my entire Sisters archive simply stopped working two weeks after the guarantee had expired... feels like all of a sudden being totally deprived and disconnected. After the first deeply paralysing shock, I contacted the manufactures. As a courtesy, they're sending me a new drive and try to recover all the data... oh hell, I can only hope ...
absolute nightmare! fingers crossed for you.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks Dave & Lee, that is good to know and makes me feel a bit less lost... :) ...
Anyway, I sent the HD off to the manufacturers and for now I shall wait for the things to come.
I really don't quite feel like starting all that all over again, atm, (and where to?). They wrote they
had a success rate in data recovery of over 96 %. So there really still is some hope... :| ...
iesus
Overbomber

This sounds like a thriller :eek:
Best vibes and hugs send over the internet :bat: :bat:
At least we a group effort we could share some of these recordings back if need :kiss:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

@Being645
my hard drives been accidentally wiped twice in recent years and i lost everything on there the first time. second time i amazed myself by discovering that during a new OEM installation i had backed up all the sisters stuff to a pen-drive. Phew! so as well as all the f**k knows how much stuff ive got stored physically on discs (audio CD-r's and archived DVD data discs etc ) i have 80Gb+ of TSOM on my HD which is all the shared stuff ive d/led -from here mostly- over the last 2 or 3 years but not gotten around to burning to CD.
alles klare Sister Being -if the worst comes to the worst we wont leave you to die by the roadside. :kiss: :von:

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 04:18 @Being645
my hard drives been accidentally wiped twice in recent years and i lost everything on there the first time. second time i amazed myself by discovering that during a new OEM installation i had backed up all the sisters stuff to a pen-drive. Phew! so as well as all the f**k knows how much stuff ive got stored physically on discs (audio CD-r's and archived DVD data discs etc ) i have 80Gb+ of TSOM on my HD which is all the shared stuff ive d/led -from here mostly- over the last 2 or 3 years but not gotten around to burning to CD.
alles klare Sister Being -if the worst comes to the worst we wont leave you to die by the roadside. :kiss: :von:
Many, many thanks, Brother Lee. You (and some others of course as well) make me feel at home in this lovely place ... :D :kiss: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 18:40
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 04:18 @Being645
Many, many thanks, Brother Lee. You (and some others of course as well) make me feel at home in this lovely place ... :D :kiss: ...
this is the Heartland. We ARE family. xx

Pista
Cureboi

Someone keyed my car. Funning great scratch the whole length down the passenger side. :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 14:27 Someone keyed my car. Funning great scratch the whole length down the passenger side. :evil:
The world is full of idiots. Fortunately, there is also a massive amount of cool stickers available to make your car look even better than before ... :D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:04 Fortunately, there is also a massive amount of cool stickers available to make your car look even better than before ... :D ...
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 14:27 Someone keyed my car. Funning great scratch the whole length down the passenger side. :evil:
like Vincent Vega says: "would be worth it just to catch him doing it". c**t

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:28
I was angry at first, but now I'm just really sad.
I don't have any enemies in Balatonfured. People always want to chat as they remember I'm the English bloke in town that bothers to speak their lingo.
It's not like it's a pristine car either. It has it's scratches & dents here & there from stone chips or hail storms, but this is just a completely deliberate thing.
It's proper upset me.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:51
I don't have any enemies in Balatonfured. People always want to chat as they remember I'm the English bloke in town that bothers to speak their lingo.
It's not like it's a pristine car either. It has it's scratches & dents here & there from stone chips or hail storms, but this is just a completely deliberate thing.
It's proper upset me.
i bet it has. probably kids though bro.

sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 15:24
@ sziamiau
and just like that they pulled me out of the California trip :) sooooo lets see if it happens
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 15:51
It's proper upset me.
I’m sorry to hear it. I went back to campus on Monday (first time teaching face-to-face since March 2019). Or at least, I would have, if I hadn’t gotten two blocks and discovered that someone slashed one of my tires.

Some people are just jerks.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote: 30 Jan 2022, 02:19
[...] I went back to campus on Monday (first time teaching face-to-face since March 2019). Or at least, I would have, if I hadn’t gotten two blocks and discovered that someone slashed one of my tires.

Some people are just jerks.
Nasty jerks. I had the same pleasure in autumn.
Likely because of some argument about a parking lot the evening before ... lovely neighbours ...
And obviously well trained. A cut around the valve cannot be repaired... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Like the song says, "people just ain't no good." At the same time, someone broke into a neighbors car, so I figure I got off lightly.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ouch. I've just slipped on our stairs. It's a good job my arse is fairly well-padded.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Are you all right now @markfiend ??
Fall from stairs ain't a nice thing to experience :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks, yes I'm fine, just a little bruised.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Yikes! Landing on one's arse can hurt. :evil:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 15:42 Thanks, yes I'm fine, just a little bruised.
Steady there.
Stairs at our age can be deadly :innocent:
Get some ice on that bruise :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity