The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

OLDFART wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 15:03 I remember club biscuits from when I was a kid , hated the orange one's .
same here. the blackcurrant ones were lovely .
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I am aware that some members of this forum, whose names shall be withheld to save them from embarrassment and perhaps also from legal action, disapprove of the practice of dunking biscuits. This is all well and good - I am compassionate man, and I will defend to the death the right of these people to be wrong.

However, it would be remiss of me not to try to bring them into the light. For this reason, I present to you the new requirements for British citizenship. Swearing allegiance to a hereditary monarch, or singing a song about crushing rebellious Scots, is all well and good, but unless you can pass this test then I'm afraid that your chances of getting one of those fancy new blue passports are slim.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 16:43 I am aware that some members of this forum, whose names shall be withheld to save them from embarrassment and perhaps also from legal action, disapprove of the practice of dunking biscuits. This is all well and good - I am compassionate man, and I will defend to the death the right of these people to be wrong.

However, it would be remiss of me not to try to bring them into the light. For this reason, I present to you the new requirements for British citizenship. Swearing allegiance to a hereditary monarch, or singing a song about crushing rebellious Scots, is all well and good, but unless you can pass this test then I'm afraid that your chances of getting one of those fancy new blue passports are slim.
This is why I have an Irish passport :wink: I'm actually thinking of separating us non-dunkers from those that dunk. I could call it Biscuit or something. :innocent: Ahem. Sorry. :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

Nary seen a sadder sight.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

noooooo!
though i can't eat anything with flour in, right now
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
badge
Road Kill

Any experts got an opinion on McVites Digestive Caramels? I think they are mouth tinkling tasty.
Then again, I have to lay of them because I'd inhale a pack in one sitting...
ASPERUM AESTIMARE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Twixes are better, but they're not biscuits
badge
Road Kill

I've had to mull this over at length because I do like a twix - not as much as a wispa gold but that's a whole different conversation.
And while certainly, a twix isn't a biscuit, if I were to consider the pros of a twix against a Caramel Digestive with a cup of tea/coffee - the Digestive has to win almost uncontested virtually by virtue of its superior Digestive base, to say nothing of the mouth filling joy of a wide buscuit.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I concur. They are similar but meant to be eaten in entirely different contexts. Twixes are not flat enough for hot drink snacks.
Pista
Cureboi

While the whole Jaffa Cake saga seems to be put to bed, it's time to ask what are Mini Cheddars?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote: 07 May 2022, 11:42 While the whole Jaffa Cake saga seems to be put to bed, it's time to ask what are Mini Cheddars?
Mini-Cheddars are small versions of Cheddars (as any fule kno) and therefore are cheese biscuits (or biscuits for cheese).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 07 May 2022, 12:02
Pista wrote: 07 May 2022, 11:42 While the whole Jaffa Cake saga seems to be put to bed, it's time to ask what are Mini Cheddars?
Mini-Cheddars are small versions of Cheddars (as any fule kno) and therefore are cheese biscuits (or biscuits for cheese).
Yep. Which EB covered on the first page of this thread. We are truly years ahead of those reddit luddites :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Mini cheddars are the things that fuel tours - on our side of the barrier, anyway
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Are Rice Cakes biccies is the question? :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No. Next! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 07 May 2022, 12:13
markfiend wrote: 07 May 2022, 12:02
Yep. Which EB covered on the first page of this thread. We are truly years ahead of those reddit luddites :lol:
I'm somewhat appalled that this thread has managed to cling to life for 5 years. True it is that the True Nature Of Biscuits is something that a scholar could study for a dozen lifetimes and still barely scratch the surface, but still.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
badge
Road Kill

abridged wrote: 11 May 2022, 16:23 Are Rice Cakes biccies is the question? :twisted:
For years I refused to even try them. Some words don't belong together and cakes and rice are up near the top. Never got who the hell thinks rice is so versatile - cereal, yogurts, deserts?!

In a moment of hunger, I did grab a chocolate rice cake... They certainly aren't biscuits but they are surprisingly tasty
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the salt and vinegar ones are great!
badge
Road Kill

Ooooh, I'll have to try those! Thanks for the tip!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

emilystrange wrote: 22 May 2022, 15:02 the salt and vinegar ones are great!
Salt-and-vinegar flavoured polystyrene foam.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote: 25 May 2022, 11:57
emilystrange wrote: 22 May 2022, 15:02 the salt and vinegar ones are great!
Salt-and-vinegar flavoured polystyrene foam.
On this bloody diet the doc gave me, I'm lucky to have that
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Urgh doctors and their tortures. You have my sympathies.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

thank you xx
National Bbiscuit Day on Sunday
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Does the action of dunking nullify the calories consumed emilystrange?