Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Blimey that was quick, new camera has just arrived! I hope to have it up and running again this weekend.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Spent a lot of the weekend gardening for a friend who lives in the UK.
Totally transformed their rockery so it doesn't look like something out of an Attenborough program & made a new reptile friend

He let me get really close to photograph him so I'd say he's one of the "better" reptiles ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Spent a lot of the weekend gardening for a friend who lives in the UK.
Totally transformed their rockery so it doesn't look like something out of an Attenborough program & made a new reptile friend

He let me get really close to photograph him so I'd say he's one of the "better" reptiles ;D
He looks awesome! :D :D

And how good a friend are you doing all that garden work! Nice one Steve :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

The old fella who used to do it busted his knee a while ago so he can't do much more than tidy up the grape vines.
I don't have a garden of my own (living in a flat) so it's a bit of a new thing for me. Hard work though.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Spent some time getting to know my local Real Junk Food project café. For those who don't know, the Real Junk Food project brings together cafes up and down the UK with a view to combating food waste. The idea is to intercept food that is rejected by shops and supermarkets before it is thrown away, and turn it into the café menu.

To give some idea of the scale of the problem, in the first eight days of June, REfUSE, a small operation in Chester-Le-Street, County Durham, collected 3.5 tonnes of 'waste' food, mostly from Amazon. They're using it to support a 'Meals on Wheels' service in partnership with another local charity, bringing food to vulnerable people during lockdown.

Please take a moment to read more at https://vocal.media/feast/where-help-an ... n-the-menu - I was hugely impressed by these people when I visited.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

....conversing with the pondlife.

religious nutcase & conspiracy theorist:: "This is the obvious beginning of the end of days. Notice I didn’t say “the world�. The earthy [sic] and the world will continue but time as we know it will end. If some people don’t see this year as the obvious beginning of the end times period then what will it take?"

eastmidswhizzkid: "Ah, but if its the begining of the end of days (which it is, obvously) it obviously cant be the very beginning of the beginning of the end of days can it? as we can clearly see that what is happening now is obviously the result of previous satanic machinations which must at least have been the begining of the begining of the end of days . So obviously if it is the begining of the end of days i proffer that it is actually the end of the begining of the end of days . Or the begining of the end of the begining of the end of days....Unless what came before was actually the begining of the end of the begining of the begining of the end of days and now its the end of the end of the begining of the begining of the end of the begining of the end of days?
Where did it all begin? where will it all end ? Obviously at the end of the end of the begining of the end of days, its just the end of days...which once they've begun will logically proceed to the end of the end of days but not before we've had the begining of the end of the end of days! followed by the end of the begining of the end of the end of days!
And if 'time as we know it' ends what will 'time as we don't know it' be like? Will it be like it enough for it to be obviously different to what it was like, or will it be so unlike it that it will be completely the same? Obviously we don't know ! Will it, like poor old Michael Finnegan, begin again? and if it does begin again where will it begin again? Will it begin at the obvious begining which would obviously be at the begining of the begining of the begining of the end of days? Or would it begin somewhere completely different? Like maybe at the end? Obviously were it to begin again it would be at the end of the end of days because thats where it ended but when i say begin at the end i mean that instead of begining again at he end of the end of the end of days it begins to begin at the end at the beginging & obviously ends up right back at the start! which is just a different way of saying the begining! (By the way, Ive started to say 'started' and ended saying 'begining' as endlessly saying the begining and the end was begining to get on my tits no end!) Got the point yet? no? still reading? fine by me....

So: if we've already had the begining of the begining of the begining of the end of days but not the end of the begining of the begining of the begining of the end of days then this must be the begining of the end of the begining of the begining of the begining of the end of days!
Phew! glad we sorted that fucker out eh? :wink:
THE END (obviously)"

:innocent: :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Servicing an old vacuum cleaner (not a euphemism)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

In zoom meetings.

Again.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

On holidays.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Gardening in the blazing sunshine
Lawn mowed

Rockery tidied

& the result of taking a 1mm clipper setting to your hair after already catching the sun previously

So I now have a 2tone tan :oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Rescuing a bat.
It got (somehow) trapped between my mosquito net & kitchen window earlier today.
It must have crawled up into the cowling that covers the roller blind as it seemed to disappear for the day (which is good because it's been 38c here this afternoon).
But just now it crawled back down the net & the cats went crazy.
I shut them in the bedroom, opened the kitchen window & it flew in so I caught it in a container, whizzed up the mozzie net & let it fly away. :bat:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 20:07 Rescuing a bat.
It got (somehow) trapped between my mosquito net & kitchen window earlier today.
It must have crawled up into the cowling that covers the roller blind as it seemed to disappear for the day (which is good because it's been 38c here this afternoon).
But just now it crawled back down the net & the cats went crazy.
I shut them in the bedroom, opened the kitchen window & it flew in so I caught it in a container, whizzed up the mozzie net & let it fly away. :bat:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek: :bat:

timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

One million goth points, Pista!
Pista
Cureboi

timsinister wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 08:41 One million goth points, Pista!
Have to redeem myself for that 2tone tan somehow :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 08:43 Have to redeem myself for that 2tone tan somehow :D
i do hope you mean an "uneven suntan" rather than a Specials / Selecter a-likey disguise that could -in these ridiculously "political correctness gone mad" times - be misconstrued as "blacking up",.... :twisted:

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 10:07
Pista wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 08:43 Have to redeem myself for that 2tone tan somehow :D
i do hope you mean an "uneven suntan" rather than a Specials / Selecter a-likey disguise that could -in these ridiculously "political correctness gone mad" times - be misconstrued as "blacking up",.... :twisted:
Uneven is one way of describing it. But it's clearly 2 entirely different shades with a clear line around where I had my hair cut :oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

:urff: Ooops! :lol:

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

hot & bothered... after this heat wave in little old dutch country. the question is how to sleep as even breathing normally is just fuckedup!
and trust me i never complain about the heat
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
iesus
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 23:42 hot & bothered... after this heat wave in little old dutch country. the question is how to sleep as even breathing normally is just fuckedup!
An A/C unit at least in one room is the answer to this.
And i know very well what you mean, we have many nights here with over 30 degrees C and you cannot sleep or be normal without one of these :roll: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 23:42 hot & bothered... after this heat wave in little old dutch country. the question is how to sleep as even breathing normally is just fuckedup!
I you don't have A/C the best you can do is shut all the windows & draw the curtains to keep the sunshine level as low as possible & not let the heat inside. If you have blinds on the windows, use those too. Yeah, it makes it dark, but that shouldn't bother any self respecting goffix type.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

i've been in an inordinately good mood today since having a just-after-midnight birthday chat with my 15 year old son Rocky (despite his being now just a year off of the age of consent making me feel a tad old- where the fuck did 15 years go ? i demand a recount)
.So against all the odds i finished the (ok, am finishing) the cleaning session i started a week ago; i have swept clear about 50gb of music archives (mostly Sisters natch) from my hard drive -despertely need at least a Tb on a storage drive- and have slowly but surely increased the volume of my in-world entrtainment in scorn of the hill-billy cunts downstairs. Oh yeah, and i spent a good hour with a few pound shop bubble-wands sending cascades of pretty bubbles flowing from my front window. they work great when you're 3 storeys up on top of a hill. ;D

EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 10:38
I you don't have A/C the best you can do is shut all the windows & draw the curtains to keep the sunshine level as low as possible & not let the heat inside. If you have blinds on the windows, use those too. Yeah, it makes it dark, but that shouldn't bother any self respecting goffix type.
One thing I've found helps is to have a hot shower before bed but don't dry off - sounds counter-intuitive, but if you lie on your bed while still dripping, ideally under or next to a fan, the water evaporating off you has a cooling effect which should keep you comfortable while you're falling asleep.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I feel really jealous of Prince Andrew not sweating when the weather's like this. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

ah but Mark - you have to have been under fire in a way NO OTHER SERVICEMAN EVER was under fire to get that one-off medical benefit... :innocent:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

As if it's even true! :lol:
—Bertrand Russell