Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Maybe not mostly, but certainly been experiencing a small earthquake.
Epicentre was somewhere in Croatia & it's apparently been felt all over central Europe
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Holy cow. Quakes are not fun. Especially for those old European buildings
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Swinnow
Overbomber

Watching The Cure's Untitled documentary. We also invented 'Lol Bingo' were the participants have to guess which instrument Mr Tolhurst might almost be playing in the next scene, forfeits aplenty.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sultan2075
Overbomber

Waiting for a new range to be delivered for our kitchen... only to get a call telling me the truck broke down and we’ve got to reschedule for Monday or Tuesday.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Renewing my passport which seems like the most pointless thing ever at the moment .
Pista
Cureboi

Visiting a friend over in Sopron.
Bonus. Didn't hit any animals on the way back
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Thinking 'which dickhead let Donald Trump escape the golf club?'
EvilBastard
Overbomber

been watching the news coming out of DC and why these events come as a shock. Did people really think that the final throes of a Trump administration weren't going to be marked by this kind of behaviour? Was anyone truly surprised that his comments wouldn't be interpreted as a call to civil unrest and insurrection? I mean, I guess we all hoped that he'd see sense, but why we'd think that I'm not sure, given his track record.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Today was the worst episode of Homeland ever. Sloppy writing. The US Capitol stormed by white supremacists? Lackadaisical police response? Ridiculous.

I’m not watching next season.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

tbh, i'm hoping it gets cancelled soon
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Another night spent watching CNN ... well, that was clear... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
The preparations for these developments started as early as about two years ago, long before the elections.
Fortunately, things didn't work fully to plan ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... it's high time this rabble-rouser and his
companions are presented with some robust consequences for their political gambling at the cost (and
with the money and the lives) of the people who even believe in them ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ....
Pista
Cureboi

....making some storage for keys & sunglasses &, more importantly, modifying a cat scratching board so that it doesn't freak them out when they try to use it..
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 16:47 ....making some storage for keys & sunglasses &, more importantly, modifying a cat scratching board so that it doesn't freak them out when they try to use it..
So...where are your cats keeping their keys and sunglasses at the moment?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

dealing with identity theft (which has thankfully distracted me from events 14 blocks west of me yesterday. What a weird thing to be thankful for).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Fixing a freezer, again, that went warm at the start of lockdown (imagine the lost hoarding opportunity). Couldn’t buy a new freezer back then because people apparently were hoarding them as well....

So. Fixed it once in the summer after much research on the choobs and feeling quite pleased with myself for repairing a hole in the (no so) sealed system that let all the Freon out. Wrapped the copper pipe in copper wire and flooded the area with solder. Voila leak sealed.

That was short lived as when I went to put the freezer back in the garage one of the wires on the compressor was not secure, touched the frame and shorted out the whole system blowing up the main control board

As an Xmas present I coughed up (no covid pun intended) the $150 to but a new main control board. Installed it last week and.....warm....no cool. Spent today rewatching all the research I did in the summer and refilling the system with Freon as it must have leaked again

Oh well
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Pista
Cureboi

...rescuing a female blackbird.
It was sitting at the door to my flats & looked a bit the worse for wear.
Ran her to the vet where she got a couple of injections & now she's in my basement with some fresh water & something to eat.
Vet reckons she just flew into something & is a bit dazed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Doing battle with Talktalk because it's broadband contract renewal time.
Pista
Cureboi

Blackbird update...
This morning I went down with the intention of letting her go. Overnight, she had food and water & I had put a wicker basket over her so she didn't try to fly around the basement & bash into stuff, potentially injuring herself.
I opene the back door, then the basement door & as soon as I lifted the basket, she made a dash for it & flew straight out of the back door :D
It was nice to see, but I was a bit disappointed not to get a photo of her. She was so fast that it wasn't possible.
Hope she hooks up with her blackbird friends though. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Pista wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 08:29 Blackbird update...
This morning I went down with the intention of letting her go. Overnight, she had food and water & I had put a wicker basket over her so she didn't try to fly around the basement & bash into stuff, potentially injuring herself.
I opene the back door, then the basement door & as soon as I lifted the basket, she made a dash for it & flew straight out of the back door :D
It was nice to see, but I was a bit disappointed not to get a photo of her. She was so fast that it wasn't possible.
Hope she hooks up with her blackbird friends though. :)
That's great! A nice chirpy start to the day (no pun intented.. or was it?). :)
Pista
Cureboi

She was chirping when I went into the basement. They're surprisingly loud when you get close to them.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART

Getting ready for a hospital appointment with the MS consultant before starting new treatment , providing the car can get out of the snow .
Pista
Cureboi

OLDFART wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 11:20 Getting ready for a hospital appointment with the MS consultant before starting new treatment , providing the car can get out of the snow .
Drive safe & best of luck
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

OLDFART wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 11:20 Getting ready for a hospital appointment with the MS consultant before starting new treatment , providing the car can get out of the snow .
Fingers crossed it went well.
OLDFART

Swinnow wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 20:13
Fingers crossed it went well.
Went fine thanks , I'm okay for starting intravenous treatment which will slow the progression of it , will have to shield for 3 months afterwards .
Pista
Cureboi

Taking the car to have a new wheel bearing fitted at a mechanic who is an hour's drive from me.
Had to drive at the erse crack of dawn in thick fog. Not much fun
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity