Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 09:36 Yesterday I caught a bit of a history program about the German missile program during WWII. After the third pitiful attempt by the English voiceover artist at "Peenemunde" I had to give up and switch it off :lol:
coincidentally as i read your post i have a different documentary on in the background about Hitler's rocket programme.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Can they do any better than "Peany-mundy"? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

Watch before it's taken down :wink:

as otherwise it's £4.49 (HD) to Rent or £7.99 (HD) to Buy -

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

This is odd, but really really good
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

lots of good stuff coming soon with Gangs Of London 2 ; House Of Dragons (GOT prequel) & Midwhich Cuckoos (watch them f**k that up as Wyndham is probably my favourite pre-Iain M Banks Brit Sci-fi author) but none of them until next month. twats.
so CW the Expanse for the first time. you lot raved about it so i'm giving it a go... and i thought it was quite good so far apart from the fcuking dickwad pig officer who deserves everything he gets IMO.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I got bored with The Expanse about three episodes into season 3. Funnily enough the "dickwad pig officer" was the only character I was at all interested in. I cannot be ersed with House Of Dragons considering the disappointing last couple of seasons of Game of Thrones. I'm looking forward to Midwich Cuckoos but it remains to be seen whether it's like the 1980s adaptation of Day Of The Triffids (i.e. good, reasonably faithful adaptation) or the 2000s adaptation of the same novel (utter sh1te that changes far too much).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 25 May 2022, 12:04 I got bored with The Expanse about three episodes into season 3. Funnily enough the "dickwad pig officer" was the only character I was at all interested in. I cannot be ersed with House Of Dragons considering the disappointing last couple of seasons of Game of Thrones. I'm looking forward to Midwich Cuckoos but it remains to be seen whether it's like the 1980s adaptation of Day Of The Triffids (i.e. good, reasonably faithful adaptation) or the 2000s adaptation of the same novel (utter sh1te that changes far too much).
Is season 3 where they're down on the planet? I thought that dragged a bit too, but it recovers thereafter.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obi - Wan kenobi , actually enjoyed this a lot more than the book of Boba fett .
iesus
Overbomber

Watched 2 episodes of Obi - Wan Kenobi last night. ;D
Without making Spoilers if i was Obi Wan i would use the force to strangle the spoiled little girl and go and join the dark side :lol: :lol: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

Stranger Things 4 for want of anything better. I will get what Obi-wan i can as well but would prefer to binge whole season in 1. Bob Fett was ruined by utter lack of interest in waiting a week to see some dull shizz

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah I watched the first two episodes of Obi-Wan and I'll give it a solid Meh out of ten. Stranger Things 4 I think is far more promising, even though I've only watched episode 1 of the seven that have dropped so far, so no spoilers please :lol:

The Book Of Boba Fett was much improved when it turned into Mandalorian Season 2.5 ;D
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I noped hard out of Stranger Things early in Season 3, haven't felt too inclined to go back.

For Star Wars, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that modern SW is never going to recapture what it was like in 1977/1980/1983 and watching those movies for the first time, but that also means that I'm now happy to just go along for whatever ride a particular show wants to bring me on, so long as it's not crap that insults the intelligence, like the sequel trilogy turned out to be.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Talking of insults to the intelligence, I just noticed I didn't answer about the Expanse: I was getting fed up with the magic propellant-free spaceships anyway (Paging Isaac Newton!) but Eros randomly careening around the Solar System completely broke my willing suspension of disbelief. Wikipedia tells me that's Season 2 though so I guess I bailed out earlier than I thought.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

Half way through the 6 Episodes and am really enjoying it. It's far better than what they've shown in the Trailers.....

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

Only seen the first episode of the new season & it's got even better.
Not for the weak of stomach that's for sure
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Big Si wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 10:02 Half way through the 6 Episodes and am really enjoying it. It's far better than what they've shown in the Trailers.....

funnily enough despite posting sex pistols songs all day i had forgotten all about this.
cheers Si

OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

More BAD NEWS , still so funny after all these years .
eastmidswhizzkid

watched Pistol which is quality.
D/ling the Boys now.

eastmidswhizzkid

fingers crossed for a decent adaptation of this classic.

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 07:25 watched Pistol which is quality.
Watching this at the moment & enjoying it a lot more than I thought i would
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 18:05 Image
fingers crossed for a decent adaptation of this classic.
3 episodes in and so far i dont think this could have been done better. fascinating to see how the script / screenplay writers have had so much modern technology to allow for since the book was written back in 1957.

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

watched Midsommar for the second time the other day and had forgotten how freaky it got. :eek:

if you like creepy and weird watch it and thank me later.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Watched "track one" of Pistol last night and the guy they have playing Malcolm McLaren is absolutely brilliant. Spot on.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Sound & Fury on Netflix. Never heard of Sturgill Simpson before, but definitely liking.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody