COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

My registration for vaccination (there's a song lyric for you) has gone through so just waiting for the call . :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 12:47 My registration for vaccination (there's a song lyric for you) has gone through so just waiting for the call . :)
yay that's good news!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Happy days Mr P. I hope similar news comes quickly for our other mainland sisters and brothers.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Congrats, Steve ... :) ... the sooner the better !
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Got 2nd shot yesterday, 5G works fine, otherwise it's nothing happened.
But, but my wife 2 weeks after her 1st shot bought license for office pro (that's not a joke, she really did this).
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Bartek wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 09:29 Got 2nd shot yesterday, 5G works fine, otherwise it's nothing happened.
But, but my wife 2 weeks after her 1st shot bought license for office pro (that's not a joke, she really did this).
:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'm plagued by Office ads since jab #1 too. Being sad and of a certain age, I'm happy enough with Office '97 on my home laptop. It does what I want as techy report writing in Word or weird Q.A. audit database designing in Access is as elaborate as I get nowadays, so chill Bill.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Wife and I got jab 1 of Moderna. 4hrs a bit sleepy. 8hrs arm stiff as hell, 28hrs it hit me like a wave out of the blue. Like the worst hangover, lightheaded, dizzy. Slept it off for 2 hours, like nothing happened. Bit sleepy for a couple of days after.

Waiting for the real test of the second jab in a month.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 12:47 My registration for vaccination (there's a song lyric for you) has gone through so just waiting for the call . :)
Signed up for my vaccination
Hoping it don't give me piles
Waiting in another ward
and waiting out my quarantine.

from Postcards Above The Chemist, vol. II - order now to avoid disappointment
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Swinnow
Overbomber

I was planning to use that same Asda tomorrow, might head the other direction to Morrison's at Swinnow instead.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Meanwhile the infection rate in LS6 is three times the national average. At least partly down to cupid stunts like this:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... r-20436164
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

I was going to say you can't teach stupid, but it's not appropriate as Hyde Park/Woodhouse Moor is next door to Leeds University and alongside the former site of Leeds Grammar. Reefer Madness as some rock group once said.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The former site of Leeds Grammar is now Leeds University too - it's the School of Business.

I'm sure most of the 4:20 lot are probably students, IMO the Uni needs to do something, maybe kicking out the worst of the ringleaders.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

I think it's a safe bet nowadays that most of any gathering in Hyde Park / Woodhouse / Burley are students, far more so than when I lived down there in the 80s and it was known as the student ghetto in those days :lol:

I agree the various colleges do need to act as this has happened a few times recently.
Pista
Cureboi

In the words of Robert Smith, "I f**king despair. I really do."
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

And the above idiots in both London and Leeds think they are the 'free' ones, 'rebelling' against 'big brother'. Really they are just pawns being used by the likes of Tim 'Wetherspoons' Martin and Rupert Murdoch. They are sheeple risking yet another lockdown.
Swinnow
Overbomber

More idiots out today and as for their 'messaging'!!!!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

isn't the march for freedom a protest against incoming legislation regarding draconian police powers and the criminalisation of the right to peaceful protest rather than some rat-licking fucktards who dont want to wear masks?
any serious protest about actual issues will be infiltrated with anti-vax and anti-masks brigades to belitttle the serious and actual issues being protested about as always
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 17:01 isn't the march for freedom a protest against incoming legislation regarding draconian police powers and the criminalisation of the right to peaceful protest rather than some rat-licking fucktards who dont want to wear masks?
That would have made more sense, but it was more a MaRcH fOr FrEeDoM in that it was all covid deniers, anti maskers, anti vax cretins & general trouble makers who, despite being able to go to the shops, take a walk, go for a run, & , for the past week have been able to go to the pub, the gym, the hairdresser & nail salon (you know. All those essential things) were demanding the freedom from lockdown &, in doing so, drastically increased the chances of more restrictions being needed because they're not very intelligent.
Nobody likes the restrictions. But mass gatherings aren't going to help at all.
They keep using the word "lockdown." I do not think it means what they think it means.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

So true, and all these 'marches' and 'protest gatherings' are being promoted and fostered by the usual hard right-wing pro-brexit anti-immigrant figures. Good people are being fooled and used again. Open your eyes.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 17:57
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 17:01 isn't the march for freedom a protest against incoming legislation regarding draconian police powers and the criminalisation of the right to peaceful protest rather than some rat-licking fucktards who dont want to wear masks?
That would have made more sense, but it was more a MaRcH fOr FrEeDoM in that it was all covid deniers, anti maskers, anti vax cretins & general trouble makers who, despite being able to go to the shops, take a walk, go for a run, & , for the past week have been able to go to the pub, the gym, the hairdresser & nail salon (you know. All those essential things) were demanding the freedom from lockdown &, in doing so, drastically increased the chances of more restrictions being needed because they're not very intelligent.
Nobody likes the restrictions. But mass gatherings aren't going to help at all.
They keep using the word "lockdown." I do not think it means what they think it means.
safe. just making sure we're not being fooled more than the requisite amount of times...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 16:37

More idiots out today and as for their 'messaging'!!!!
Anyone wearing a yellow star like that needs to take a long hard look at themself. Trying to draw comparisons between lockdown and the Holocaust? It disgusts me.

And as if any of these ratlickers have even been following the lockdown in the first place.
—Bertrand Russell
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The stupid is strong with these people .
Being645
Above the Chemist

OLDFART wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 11:12 The stupid is strong with these people .
Yeah, stupidity and desinformation ... :urff: ...
Pista
Cureboi

First shot in the calendar for tomorrow afternoon
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity