COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 21:36 My heart goes out to Africa and South Africa as now another mutation has evolved as is the concern for my mom and aunt that are in the danger zone just because of age and smoking of course but that they have known their whole lives. It is in Belgium and most certainly the Netherlands as people have travelled.
Keep as safe as you can this is not nearly at the end...
From what I've read, it's not that the omicron variant actually mutated in SA, it's that South Africa has got a really effective detection system and well-funded epidemiologists and virologists so they're really good at finding new variants really quickly.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 12:39
MadameButterfly wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 21:36 My heart goes out to Africa and South Africa as now another mutation has evolved as is the concern for my mom and aunt that are in the danger zone just because of age and smoking of course but that they have known their whole lives. It is in Belgium and most certainly the Netherlands as people have travelled.
From what I've read, it's not that the omicron variant actually mutated in SA, it's that South Africa has got a really effective detection system and well-funded epidemiologists and virologists so they're really good at finding new variants really quickly.
That's right. In fact the SA authorities got a bit narked at the press calling it the South African variant
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Of all the anti-vax covidiot stories, this has to be one of the best
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 12:48 Of all the anti-vax covidiot stories, this has to be one of the best
Image Image
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've got my booster tomorrow. Fingers crossed all will be well
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Got boostered on Thursday. Felt like someone who is about to get the flu for 1 1/2 days, but that was it. Harmless compared to the first two.
OLDFART

Got my booster tomorrow along with the flu jab .
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

my booster is booked for Thursday. i wasnt convinced with regard to having a different vaccine from my first 2 shots until i read a lot of data which seems fairly conclusive.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
OLDFART

Had my jabs this afternoon and apart from a sore arm no side effects .
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Boostered last Wednesday (Moderna booster, J&J original). Felt fine Thursday & Friday. Rough Saturday, really seriously awful Sunday, first half of Monday still feeling it - just about done now but man that was a rough ride. Even went to the urgent care place on Sunday to see if I'd contracted the lurgy. Apparently a 48-hour delay in response isn't common, but not unusual.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

CPOB the fact that I am supposed to be off on my holidays tomorrow - 2 weeks in sunny Guatemala eating roast quetzals and drinking rum up the side of a volcano before sacrificing small children to Mayan gods. Everything planned and paid for.

And then last night I went for a pre-trip PCR test. I am the most careful motherf**ker on the planet - I wear a mask everywhere, socially-distance, eschew crowds - and yet somehow I've tested positive.

No holidays for me. Grrrr.
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

I'm sorry to hear that, EB. I read earlier today that around 40% of Omicron infections are completely asymptomatic.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

double post, sorry.
Last edited by sultan2075 on 21 Dec 2021, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

triple post - sorry, been staring at term papers all day. clearly my mind has broken.
--
Pista
Cureboi

That sucks EB.
Except for the youngsters earmarked for sacrifice of course.
Hope it buggers off sharpish
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mugabe

Double jabbed, as are most of my Swedish compatriots. Idiots gonna idiot, though, intensive wards filling up with morons. Let them pay.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
mh
Above the Chemist

Boosted as of yesterday, my first 2 were Pfizer but this time I got Moderna. Apparently our lot have an oversupply that they need to clear before it expires, so most are getting Moderna. I do remember some talk about mixing vaccines being better, so I don't mind.

I went to a walk-in center, queued for an hour 45 because our booster program is a shambles, and was in and out in 25 minutes from there.

So far only a sore arm. I'm one of those who's never taken a reaction to a vaccine though, so that was expected.

At this stage I'm 95% convinced that I've been at least exposed to it, if not already had it asymptomatically. I don't see how I couldn't have, given some of the things I've been doing over the past 2 years. On the other hand I have been taking reasonably sensible precautions most of the time, without going all the way to living like a hermit.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

Off for my booster. hope it's as side-effect free as my first two, as its a different type.

EDIT: & done!

sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 20:26 CPOB the fact that I am supposed to be off on my holidays tomorrow - 2 weeks in sunny Guatemala eating roast quetzals and drinking rum up the side of a volcano before sacrificing small children to Mayan gods. Everything planned and paid for.

And then last night I went for a pre-trip PCR test. I am the most careful motherf**ker on the planet - I wear a mask everywhere, socially-distance, eschew crowds - and yet somehow I've tested positive.

No holidays for me. Grrrr.
maybe it was not the booster side effect after all. pity about the holiday.

I've got mine in Hungary december 1st as here in NL are so slow. wasnt as bad as the side effects after the second. bit of fever and felt like eveyrthing hurt but only for a day or so. got my fly shot here in NL a week ago.
SmileySister

Hope you feel better soon EB

My daughters have both tested positive and my youngest, Cleopatra isn't very well at all. Both are double jabbed.

At least they're home from University and I can care for them here but it's horrible seeing them so poorly - so much for it being mild :(

Hope you and your families stay safe and well xx
Pista
Cureboi

Oh cr@p.
Hope the little ones get over it as quickly as possible
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

That's rough, Smiley - as you say, at least they're at home and you can look after them, so there's a silver lining. Hope they recover quickly.
Hank Moody
eastmidswhizzkid

SmileySister wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 01:01 Hope you feel better soon EB

My daughters have both tested positive and my youngest, Cleopatra isn't very well at all. Both are double jabbed.

At least they're home from University and I can care for them here but it's horrible seeing them so poorly - so much for it being mild :(

Hope you and your families stay safe and well xx
sorry to hear that Laura. hope they both get well soon and that you dont get it. love and hugs from here. :kiss:

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 14:38
markfiend wrote: 02 Dec 2021, 12:39
That's right. In fact the SA authorities got a bit narked at the press calling it the South African variant
you are both correct and i see i didn't word that very well now did i? well here in dutchland we are still in lock down and slowly but surely the booster shots are being given. thursday evening have my appointment.

hopefully everyone is feeling better now after having it and the kids are on the mend.

stay safe people and look after yourselves xxx
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

My mum caught Covid a few weeks ago despite being triple-jabbed (she thinks she caught it on a coach-trip although what possessed her to go on a coach-trip in the middle of a fcuking pandemic is completely beyond me) and now seems to have post-Covid "brain-fog". She is recovering, but slowly, and she is still really not herself. She's always been fiercely independent and is savagely resisting leaving her own place for a home, but my brother and I think it might be inevitable to move her into 24-hour care.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell