The Song Title Thread - '.flac'ed to death

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 19:08
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 13:47 *spits in the dirt at the name.
i remeber the 1990 impurity tour even if they dont. fukcing ingrates
What happened during that tour? From memory, I think Ms Swinnow and I saw the tour in Leeds and Manca. I have an inkling that they did not do Bradford that time around despite us just having moved a bit west towards that fine city.
basically the militia & other tour following adopted them as their own. i saw more gigs on that tour than any other tour -around 8 or 9- and although i didnt really like their watered down music their politics seemed ok & you could tell they really felt appreciated and a part of the whole vibe. during the tour ' levelling the land' l-p was released and went into the uk charts at no. 10 or something.
before that they were complete unknowns with literally a handful of followers. it was the NMA fans who mostly bought that album and gave them a massive leg-up both commercially and confiidence wise as a live act. And you could tell that -at the time- they appreciated that fact. fast forward umpty-tump years and i saw an innterview where they were asked about the early years and how they made it so big so quickly and to hear them tell it was a god given right that they were entitled to & wasnt it obvious they deserved it all?
never mentioned New Model Army or the scruffy ne'er-do-wells who followed them....unhappily for the lead singer he wandered onto the new age travellers field at Glastonbury around 2000 where we (amongst many others) had our free-party techno sound system. i recognised him and said "youre the guy out of the levellers aint you?" to which he smugly admitted he was, assuming the air of a rock star about to be fawned over. i asked him why he didnt mention the breaking tour with NMA, or the enormous leg-up they got from "us" (though not me)1 and was it because they had since sold out politically and commercially.
he replied with something like "we have always been anarchists" which made me laugh out loud & tell him in no uncertain terms that he was in a field full of political terrorists who may disagree but i wanted to pin him down to that NMA tour. "we supported them once -on the way up" was the general gist of his pitch with a big dollop of "the militia were scary thugs who didnt like us and we were glad to progress to the sort of audience who think the same as us & adore us & wash frequently."
I told him he had 5 miutes to get off our turtf or we would rob him. basically.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

I see now bro. I always found the Militia mob quite amusing. They'd take the p*ss out of my Sisters or t'Mish shirts and I'd laugh at their clogs - mostly because boots were better on a motorbike :lol:

We see both bands frequently sharing bills in recent years, though I tend to mix more with NMA folk in modern times, but I am based far closer to Bradford than Brighton.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 20:24 I see now bro. I always found the Militia mob quite amusing. They'd take the p*ss out of my Sisters or t'Mish shirts and I'd laugh at their clogs - mostly because boots were better on a motorbike :lol:

We see both bands frequently sharing bills in recent years, though I tend to mix more with NMA folk in modern times, but I am based far closer to Bradford than Brighton.
Like a lot of people i had heard of the Militia and their reputation long before i saw the band live.. when i first went to see them in a concert hall (my first time was reading in 1989) the crowd was clearly delineated: big ring of topless blokes with their women dancing in a nice big space inside the circle. then a noticeable 'no man's land' gap, then the rest of the audience. me and my then missus had no qualms about taking advantage of this apparent cowardice on behalf of the local attendees.
the main act came on, i took my shirt off, same scaredy-cat distancing was applied to me and mrs whizz, one of the militis says "here mate does your missus wanna dance with the lasses? hAve a go on this spliff" & we were in. we got to know a lot of lovely folk many of whom were also 'eskimoes' (that name still cracks me up!) . i still proudly consider myself Militia.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wasn't there a game going on in here?
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Being645
Above the Chemist

Five Years - Bowie
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Living YEARS - Mike & The Mechanics
Being645
Above the Chemist

Living On The Edge Of The Night - Iggy Pop
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Straight EDGE - Minor threat
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

STRAIGHT to You - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Would I Lie to You - the Eurythmics
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Mad About YOU - Sting
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

YOU could be mine - Guns n roses
Memphis Rich