GW2 - Deadline Saturday 13th August 11.00

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Welcome to the Batcave for our first FPL host of the season! Enjoy the buffet and bar, but if you could just pop things in the right bin I'd be grateful. They're all black though and disguised, so be careful it isn't the loo. Steve will have wrapped things up over in the Shed from last week soon - it's scramble to catch up with Mish lot already!
If you've not sworn at your team yet, have you even looked? Get your transfers in by Saturday morning and everything will be ok, I promise. Here's what we can look forward to this GW now that we've 'settled in':

Saturday 13 August 2022
Aston Villa 12:30 Everton Everton might have half a chance, you never know, but Villa won't let them have it their way entirely.
UK - BT Sport
Arsenal 15:00 Leicester Arsenal rebuilt and Leicester didn't change a lot. Arsenal looked good last week.
Brighton 15:00 Newcastle Well. Both on a high. So could be quite dull.
Man City 15:00 Bournemouth Will Bournemouth be handed their asses and be seeing stars? Will Haaland miss?
Southampton 15:00 Leeds Let's hope the Saints put up more of a fight than last week.
Wolves 15:00 Fulham Fulham will be very confident after humbling the Reds a bit. Wolves gunning for a good result.
Brentford 17:30 Man Utd Transfer shenanigans aside, Utd are shaken up. Erikson scoring against his old team? Only if his current one help.
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 14 August 2022
Nott'm Forest 14:00 West Ham New boys one down already and West Ham are old hands at this. So a draw.
UK - Sky Sports
Chelsea 16:30 Spurs Come on Spurs! Let's win again! Chelsea 3 goals down from Spurs. Hope it's a thriller.
UK - Sky Sports

Monday 15 August 2022
Liverpool 20:00 Crystal Palace Palace on telly again? Against Liverpool? Ooer.
UK - Sky Sports

K everyone, look to your teams and off we go. Good luck!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Thankfully I don't have to play AVERAGE in the H2H this week
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You see this is how out of the loop I am, I had to look up to confirm that Eriksen had played for Brentford. Who'd have ever known? When? Why? Last I heard of the guy he was sparked out on a euro pitch, suddenly he's turning up in my auto-squad in Man Utd colours. Wtf? Either way, we shoulda bought him from Ajax years ago so he stays.

Deadline tomorrow is halfway through my workshift so I'll pick a team later this eve and what will be will be. Spose not having that tall Norwegian clown in the team is just plain silly, giving everyone else an at least 10 point start on you. Sigh.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MORT
Road Kill

Arsenal 15:00 Leicester Arsenal rebuilt and Leicester didn't change a lot. Arsenal looked good last week.

Did you really type that, or was it one of the schoolkids as a punishment?!?!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I typed it. But I didn't like it. 😆
Pista
Cureboi

Should have made Jesus my skipper.
Still weird seeing him in an Arsenal shirt
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Did many people fall over themselves to get Mitrovic after last week? :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

LOL
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Jesus will be arse 's Aguero.
Pista
Cureboi

Wilf ya dancer!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 11:50 Jesus will be arse 's Aguero.
Jesus is Aguero's arse? Blimey Boss.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

Fcuking Núñez :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Sorry guys - i was on hols this GW and intending to do this when I got back, but got covid and have been a bit drained. feeling lots better now and negative again, but bouncing about is not on the cards yet. So, being a bit naught, I've nicked Steve's round up. IGM, get yer skates on!
Has everyone stopped laughing at Manc Untidy yet?
Then I shall begin… *stifled giggles*…
Getting us up & running, Neverton paid a visit to Villa Park with both teams waiting for their first points of the season.
Lampstand’s time wasters found themselves 1 down at the break as they still insist on playing without a recognised striker because….who needs goals right Frank?
Villa doubled their lead on 86 minutes &, at that moment, the Toffees appeared to wake up. However they needed the hosts to score their goal for them and wound up on the end of another defeat.
Arsenal look like they really mean business this season and Gabriel Jesus is finally getting game time as a dedicated striker & boy does that make a difference?
Opening with a sublime lob he added a second 12 minutes later after Vardy set him up on the far post & could have had a third thanks to some terrible defending.
Saliba gave the Foxes a lifeline, nodding into his own net but the Gunners surged forward & Xhaka thumped in a 3rd. Maddison pulled another back but Martinelli only took a minute to re-assert the 2 goal cushion.
The south coast scum & Bonesaw UTD played out a yawnfest of a draw. As did Wolves & Fulham as last week’s hero, Mitrovic, missed a penalty & got booked, amassing -1 point. Unless he was your captain, in which case -2.
Leeds somehow managed to chuck a 2 goal lead down the toilet letting Southampton come back to draw 2-2 & it was business as usual for FFP FC who steam-rollered Bournemouth 4-0.
Closing the day was a match that surely should be nominated for a comedy award. Brentford, with a starting line up value of $55m welcomed Manc Untidy, with a starting line up value of $425m found themselves 4-0 up after just 35 minutes thanks to some absolutely clown shoes attempts at defending from the visitors. So bad was the display that some commenters suggested ten Hag use all 5 of his subs at half time, although it would be almost impossible to decide who NOT to take off.
Another commented that this was the the worst showing against the Bees since Makulay Calkin in My Girl.
The only positive for Untidy is that they didn’t concede in the 2nd half. They didn’t score either, but who needs goals when you can rake in $20m in Rapenaldo shirt revenue every month?
But let’s be fair. Brentford played incredibly well. If you would like to spend a couple of minutes laughing your lungs up have at it.
Sunday saw Nottingham Forest’s first home premier league game in 23 years against Wet Spam.
The Tricky Trees rode their luck somewhat as the Spammers hit the bar & were kept at bay by a superb Dean Henderson (wonder if De Gea was watching to pick up some tips?).
Benrahma thought he’d put the visitors in front, but VAR decided that Antonio's body check was more appropriate in an American Football game rather than a soccer one.
It was Awoniyi who eventually broke the deadlock guiding Lingard’s scuffed effort past Fabianski for the only goal of the game.
Wet Spam had a chance to level late on, but Declan Rice’s poor effort was easily gathered by Henderson and the reds held on for a historic victory.
Spurs came back from behind twice at standard bilge igniting fireworks between Tuchel & Conte.
But it was the second goal that was the more controversial as Anthony Taylor decided hair pulling was perfectly okay on the preceding corner that led to the leveller from Harry Kane in the dying seconds.
Then handbaggery ensued securing post match red cards for both managers.
Concluding the week on Monday Palace proved to be Liverpool’s proverbial banana skin yet again as, against the run of play, a dream of the through ball from Eze set Zaha clear to coolly slot home in the 32nd minute. In front of The Kop.
Despite wave after wave of attack, the Eagles’ defence stood firm (*ten Hag seen taking notes*).
Things went from bad to worse for Liverpool when Núñez decided to headbutt Andersen earning himself an early bath & a three match suspension.
But Díaz rescued a point for the reds in the 61st minute with a stunning solo effort to leave Palace 3 points adrift of a champions league spot.
The Classic table:
H2H:

Yellow Jersey was on Dead Men Walking
Big Shout Out - Friday I'm in Goal with 85!
And the Crown is still clashing with the Yellow Jersey of Dead Men Walking.
Pista
Cureboi

Hope you feel more yourself very soon
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I do, but the slow version. i've got two negative tests now which is good