What are you looking forward too?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Me?

1 - To pick up my new car on October 30 :oops:

2 - Hopefully a trip to Leeds round November 15 :D

3 - To see a swedish rock/prog legend, Pugh Rogefelt, on November 20 :notworthy:

4 - The happy faces on my 3 kids faces on Christmas eve :roll:
I think someone set my soul alight
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

1 - The next Sisters album.

And you can shut up!
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Thea
Overbomber

1 - bill bailey tomorrow
2 - the mish on sat
3 - whitby
rian
Slight Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:1 - The next Sisters album.

And you can shut up!
Then you have to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait................ :wink:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

1) my green card / social security number (i need a social security number before i can get private health care, WTF is that all about!) within the next 3 weeks or so.

2) being able to work again (there is only so much reading/learning a guy can do, i've been here since august) within the next 3 weeks or so (see above)

3) going to the doctors and getting put on 9 months of medication (INH) that will kick me in the nuts every day (well, not quite, but all the doctors i've seen so far have done the 'deep breath through teeth and shaking head' everytime INH gets mentioned) tonight, but hey, the sooner the meds start the sooner it finishes, ho hum.

4) getting buffalo wings from the lamplighters in new ulm (burn on the way in, burn on the way o..., you get the idea, blooming marvellous!) tonight after the trip to the medical center!

5) watching CSI, CSI:MIAMI, COLD CASE, WITHOUT A TRACE (all new episodes!!!) and various other xfile wannabees (oh, and STILL STANDING (i think) with the fat b*st*rd from the full montey and a knights tale, with a decidedly dodgey american accent :P) almost every night, i never knew tvland could be so good ;)
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Reading my Thesis and resuming "normal" life.

Sometime soon!!

:)

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nearmethexperience wrote:3) going to the doctors and getting put on 9 months of medication (INH) that will kick me in the nuts every day (well, not quite, but all the doctors i've seen so far have done the 'deep breath through teeth and shaking head' everytime INH gets mentioned) tonight, but hey, the sooner the meds start the sooner it finishes, ho hum.
inh? you mean tb?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

Quiff Boy wrote:
nearmethexperience wrote:3) going to the doctors and getting put on 9 months of medication (INH) that will kick me in the nuts every day (well, not quite, but all the doctors i've seen so far have done the 'deep breath through teeth and shaking head' everytime INH gets mentioned) tonight, but hey, the sooner the meds start the sooner it finishes, ho hum.
inh? you mean tb?
yeah, i have a tb infection, it's not that i have tb as such, but i have it alive in me, i must have been exposed to someone with tb in the past.

i'm not sick, but if i get laid low with something else and my imune system takes a good kicking then there is a chance i could 'go live' with the tb and it'll start to eat my lungs.

part of becoming a resident in america is a health check, the rest of me is fine, just this, the mantroux (or whatever) test came back at 18mm, a positive result is anything over 5mm.

now then, because in europe we use the bcg there is a 1 in 4 chance that that would give a false positive reading, but 18mm is a little high so they think it's more than just a false reading.

they xrayed my chest and found no lung damage, but they don't want to take the risk.

so yeah, 9 months of a drug which is not nice but the only one they have to ensure it kills the tb, the down side is most people do suffer from the side effects, the most alarming is liver damage, so i need to be tested every 2 months for various different things to make sure the inh isn't doing too much damage to me.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Chairman Bux wrote:1 - The next Sisters album.
Ditto!
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Big Si
School Bully

31.10.03 - The Big Man goes to Belfast! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Return Of The King, that trailer's a goodie!!!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

1. The Mish on Saturday
2. Whitby goth weekend after
3. Dublin p*ss up weekend after that
4. Next Rhombus gig at The Vine, Leeds, Nov 3rd.
5. Payday! :D
The Scene won't save you...
MoonKnight
Road Kill

1.) Helloween

2.) Marylin Manson in Nov 19th

3.) Iron Maiden in Nov 26th

4.) to meet finally my sweet moonchild in dec again (holy moly, sooo much time to wait still)...

5.) to see her surprised smiley beauty face after she opened my xmas-gifts
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MoonKnight wrote:
4.) to meet finally my sweet moonchild in dec again (holy moly, sooo much time to wait still)...

5.) to see her surprised smiley beauty face after she opened my xmas-gifts
:oops: :oops: :oops: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MoonKnight
Road Kill

or maybe i should start to forget about my points 4 and 5.... dunno....

:cry:
rian
Slight Overbomber

MoonKnight wrote:or maybe i should start to forget about my points 4 and 5.... dunno....

Why? :(
MoonKnight
Road Kill

rian wrote:
MoonKnight wrote:or maybe i should start to forget about my points 4 and 5.... dunno....

Long storys..... :( let´s say too much things went wrong... and I dunno anymore will it have a happy end or just end up with an aftertaste so bitter....
rian
Slight Overbomber

MoonKnight wrote:
rian wrote:

Long storys..... :( let´s say too much things went wrong... and I dunno anymore will it have a happy end or just end up with an aftertaste so bitter....
Sad to hear that. Hopefully it will go the right way.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The next Big Bag O' Weed - tonight. 8) :eek:

Brighton this wkend - despite Richey James caustic comments, I daresay there'll be at least one bangin' ravey club. :twisted:

Aww Rian, that's sweet. My kids faces usually turn sour on Xmas morn by about 9am, when they realise that they really ain't getting the ENTIRE set of Rescue Heroes / Action Man / Advanced Chemistry / Girls Aloud that they asked for. Ungrateful monkeys! But they're sweet up to 9am. And I'm normally pissed soon after anyroad. :P

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MoonKnight
Road Kill

Thanks a lot for your care Rian!! I know to appreciate it!!
Debaser
Overbomber

1) Half term on Friday
2) Liverpool and Copey on Monday
3) Rain Band in Nottigham on Tuesday
4) Eden Hall Spa on Wed
5) Speshul birthday weekend starting on Friday and if it does NOT include Copey is WON'T be very special!!
6) Jane's Addiction in Nottingham
7) Eddie Izzard in Dec

ooooooh and other sumptious 'stuffikins'
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

yeah, christmas, bah-humbug and all that, while the rest of the universe was being swept up in the new craze of bmx bikes my parents gave me things like chemistry kits and microscopes, and books, lots and lots of books, they wanted me to be a doctor, go figure.

anyway, currently looking forward to halloween, which they do totally differently in small town america (hanska, current population arround 440, i've been on bigger work nights out that that :O ) than they do in europe, so i'm looking forward to that.

also looking forward to my next doctors appointment on thursday when i get my meds, at last, this has been dragging on and on and on, and at about $150 a doctors appointment, plus the cost of any testing they have done/decide to do, so far this has cost me in the region of $800 and i still don't have the meds they said i need in my hand, bar stewards, still, if it cures me in the end it'll be a good deal.

this paying for healthcare is a pretty alien concept for me, being from europe, i was used to walking into any hospital in the uk or spain (i held a full residents NIE plus social security card) and getting treated, ok, the uk was a bit shoddy, but spain does actually have a great healthcare system, every time i needed to i saw a doctor asap, they all spoke english (which was a bonus as my spanish ran to ordering food and talking about work, not the internal workings of the human body!) and whatever i was sick with at the time they fixed.

now in america, just getting a doctor to be in the same room in the medical center as me for about 3 minutes is about $150, he wants a blood test, add another $60, a chest xray, that's another $110, another mantroux test to confirm the reading of the first one, that's another $40, so my last doctors visit set me back about $360 and that was 1 visit, and not the first.

oh bugger, i seem to be ranting, i think i better go lie down before i make myself sick and then really have to shell out big bucks ;)
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

@ NearMeth...

Yes, it's awful going to American doctors. I hate waiting for over an hour for a 3 minute check by the doctor. But when you get a job, your employer should pay part of the cost for your health insurance...watch the benefits package offered by employers very carefully when you are thinking of who to work for.

You will enjoy Halloween, but it's far different than when I grew up and went door to door begging, er trick or treating...LOL for candy.

Back to topic...What am I looking forward to?

Getting off the medicine for my stomach. It has horrible side effects for me. :urff: :urff: I already can't eat chocolate in any form, nor pizza, or friuts!

And now one of my favorite things in life I love has Got To Go! My chardonnay! Boo! :cry:
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
rian
Slight Overbomber

MoonKnight wrote:Thanks a lot for your care Rian!! I know to appreciate it!!
I care. That's my personality.