Doctor Who

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

New Doctor Who to be revealed after Wimbledon Mens Final on Sunday....does this mean it could be Roger Federer?! :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

it's walder frey/argus filch as the william hartnell version (for now anyway)....seems as good an idea as any to me. whoever they get will be unbearable for the first 2 episodes, inseperable from the part by the second season and leave just as you accept that they are the doctor. when i was a lad doctors incumbent had staying power. :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

I still watch it, but i don't enjoy it like i used to.

My Doctor was Peter Davison, think i was about 4 when he started and he was my first hero! :lol:

Love all the early Doctors, you can't beat the classic series, love it all, even the plastic sets and dodgy monsters!

I think they should bring back the half-hour episodes with the cliffhanger at the end, good fun!
eastmidswhizzkid

my first doctor was jon pertwe but MY doctor was tom baker. saying that i recently "borrowed" (in the same way that the doctor "borrowed" Sexy) seasons 1-9 of the modern series and really tennant and smith are excellent.

Charlie
Slight Overbomber

New Doctor Who - Jodie Whittaker !

Pista
Cureboi

Could have been worse.
I was kinda hoping for Gillian Anderson though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Hmmmm, I don't know what to think as i don't really know her - saw her a bit in Broadchurch and didn't warm to her..... :| ... oh well....yeah it could have been worse!

I was going off Doctor Who a bit so we shall see if she can win me round, it will be a tough job!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I see they bottled getting a ginger to do it then.
eastmidswhizzkid

Pat wrote:I see they bottled getting a ginger to do it then.
having had THE hottest ginger in british acting on the show already (karen gillan, not catherine tate) you can't blame them for bottling it.
i'm happy to see the first female doctor for a number of reasons, not least that loads of Whovians will be well annoyed by it. it was always going to happen anyway. i just hope they dont dwell on the fact that he/she's female for the first time beyond the necessary "getting used to the new face" bit, and let us get used to a new doctor through the strength of the stories and her acting.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you value your sanity, don't read the comments on any major media piece about the new Doctor. They're full of whiny manbabies who seem to think that a 2000-year-old time-travelling alien isn't really believeable played by a woman.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

They should bring back K9 as a cat, no doubt that would cause a riot :lol: :lol: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm sure they'll be distracted the next time someone wants to put a woman's picture on a banknote or something.

This is the problem with the world; all these special snowflakes want their men-only safe-spaces not to be disturbed by girl-cooties :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

you mean all the heterosexual men who are biologically attracted to women but don't actually like them? fucking weirdoes.

Pista
Cureboi

It matters not one jot what gender, race etc the person who plays the Doctor is.
The main thing is that they are actually good isn't it? :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:you mean all the heterosexual men who are biologically attracted to women but don't actually like them? fucking weirdoes.
:lol:

At least Milo Yiannopoulos walks the walk as well - I'm half-convinced he's only gay because he hates women so much.
—Bertrand Russell
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:It matters not one jot what gender, race etc the person who plays the Doctor is.
And ginger.
Pista
Cureboi

Pat wrote:
Pista wrote:It matters not one jot what gender, race etc the person who plays the Doctor is.
And ginger.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Reading the comment sections of the newspapers about this is frightening. Lots of people seem to be really scared of women. It's probably no coincidence that many of the commentators don't seem to like ethnic minorities, gay people and Islam either to go by their comments. Haven't bothered to look at the fan-sites as they are generally very reactionary also. On a tangent there's a theory that Gamergate was an early indication of the rise of Trumpism as mostly white males resented women in the gaming world so maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the reaction to a female Doctor. :(
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

abridged wrote:Reading the comment sections of the newspapers about this is frightening. Lots of people seem to be really scared of women. It's probably no coincidence that many of the commentators don't seem to like ethnic minorities, gay people and Islam either to go by their comments. Haven't bothered to look at the fan-sites as they are generally very reactionary also. On a tangent there's a theory that Gamergate was an early indication of the rise of Trumpism as mostly white males resented women in the gaming world so maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the reaction to a female Doctor. :(
I've been watching the Social Justice Warsâ„¢ since Elevatorgate caused a schism in the online atheism/scepticism movement back in '11.

Gamergate, the kickback against social justice concerns, Trumpism, etc are all, in my view, part of the same thing, whereby the 4chan-mentality has spread out into the world beyond the internet; a substantial proportion of Trump voters did so with the avowed intent of "trolling libtards".

It's just deliberately breaking things because you think other people's distress is amusing. Despicable.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:you mean all the heterosexual men who are biologically attracted to women but don't actually like them? fucking weirdoes.
Momus wrote:And women should be hated, but first impersonated
"Charm," he said, "is essential to misogyny."
He taught me how to woo the girls, in order to outdo the girls
And the fun would come when I'd got them to love me
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

As she's of childbearing age, will she have jelly babies?
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:As she's of childbearing age, will she have jelly babies?
:lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

paint it black wrote:As she's of childbearing age, will she have jelly babies?
today's winner! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Pat
Slight Overbomber

Glaswegian Dalek ruled out - here
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: Elevatorgate
Is that satire or real? These days, I really can't tell.
(Serious question)