Geek Anvil (currently geeking...)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

A new mobile phone for an elderly friend who I help out.
I did the setup & had to ask her what security she wanted. PIN, pattern, finger print, or facial recognition.
Her old phone wasn't even locked & for this one she decided on the finger print option.
One of the coolest 80+ year-olds I know
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Currently geeking: my home theatre PC has given up the ghost. Support for really old nvidia graphics cards on Arch Linux is sketchy at best and trying to downgrade is a nightmare: the latest Debian image refused to install on the fecker so it's currently sitting there with a totally blank hard drive.

I think I'm going to have to give up on the old beast and repurpose a raspberry pi.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 10:07
Currently geeking: my home theatre PC has given up the ghost. Support for really old nvidia graphics cards on Arch Linux is sketchy at best and trying to downgrade is a nightmare: the latest Debian image refused to install on the fecker so it's currently sitting there with a totally blank hard drive.

I think I'm going to have to give up on the old beast and repurpose a raspberry pi.
The Debian disk image I'd loaded onto a live USB was corrupted. Second attempt and I have Debian installed and kodi up and running again. Now all I need is to get my remote control working again.
advanced, forthright, signifficant