Official Sisters Merch - new online store

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

I genuinely think the MAM store had the wrong sizes and the new guys have just copied it.

I bought a "Jesus loves..." to be unveiled at the last night of Butlin's back in March. I'll agree I was portly (markfiendâ„¢) at that moment in time, but it still felt like a Hussey poncho circa RAH.

Having been on the stress-diet, for too many weeks I chose to remember, I've lost a lot of weight. Now "Jesus loves..." feels like a tent.

I keep waiting for the ghost of Gaddafi and his entourage to set up camp somewhere around my navel. Maybe he has some blue-fluff pickers.

But the GLJ t-shirt (£10) I bought at Butlin's after their storming set, fitted me then, and fits even better now.

It's still Gildan, or Fruit of the Loom t-shirt quality, but I think somewhere, someone, is ripping-off fans on price.

Get the double-whammy of sizes out of kilter, rip-off prices, and some of us stop to forgive.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
ruffers
Overbomber

Possibly, but sizes or not it's definitely not the smoothest online transaction in the world. I got the same message as emwk re "this order was only partially processed, which means that it has effectively been stuck in limbo since the order was placed by yourself - this does occasionally happen with orders placed through PayPal".

I use paypal a fair amount as this is a new one on me. We'll see if the tea towel is the right size!
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote: I keep waiting for the ghost of Gaddafi and his entourage to set up camp somewhere around my navel.
Gird up your loins, then! (;))
ruffers wrote:We'll see if the tea towel is the right size!
I think that depends on what you want to use it for...

Whelp, I guess I get to be glad I didn't experience any hiccups (well, apart from writing them a message on fb about their sizes, which I never received an answer to).
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Bingo!

I'm an English wordsmith trying to make his way in Germany. I'd never considered the verb "gird" before, or it's literal meaning, other than Monty Python's: "Gird your loins... with cheap girders."

Thank you rien for teaching me something I didn't know.

You may stay.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:You may stay.
:lol:
rien

markfiend wrote:
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:You may stay.
:lol:
Okay. *morphs into an octopus and latches on to you*
(my brain told me this would be an amusing thing to post. I have my doubts.)
Thoth_Hermes
Road Kill

Thanks for the info Johnny Rev 7.0 (the 7th of the Rev clan)
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

rien wrote:Okay. *morphs into an octopus and latches on to you*
Bizarrely, you are educating me. In German.

I drive past the shop everyday that advertises: TINTE. TONER. KOPIER. And seriously think what the fuck is "TINTE"?

So in a small moment of clarity, I think Octopus. Then I think ink. Then I think Tintefish. I get there in the end.

Once again rien you may stay.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:I genuinely think the MAM store had the wrong sizes and the new guys have just copied it.
It's just occurred to me... I wonder if this lot have obtained MAM store's bankrupt stock?
rien

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote: So in a small moment of clarity, I think Octopus. Then I think ink. Then I think Tintefish. I get there in the end.

Once again rien you may stay.
*cocks eyebrow* well, I'm glad I could be of assistance. It's TinteNfisch, by the way ;) I'd ask what you are doing in Germany, and where*, but I don't want to continue into OT territory.

*but not who, because I genuinely don't care to know; but I had to mention it for punning purposes.

Re: MAM: it wouldn't surprise me. What happened to MAM?
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Last edited by Johnny Rev 7.0 on 14 Oct 2014, 22:37, edited 3 times in total.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
rien

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
rien wrote:TinteNfisch, by the way ;) I'd ask what you are doing in Germany.
Never pull a proof reader up on their typos. We're still human after all.
Then I won't mention the lack of commas in your second iteration of my right to stay ;) (worse than a proof reader: a proof reader who is not employed as such.)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

And just in case anyone is as confused as I was for several minutes, purchases from the new online store will appear on your credit card/bank statement as:
ruffers
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Possibly, but sizes or not it's definitely not the smoothest online transaction in the world. I got the same message as emwk re "this order was only partially processed, which means that it has effectively been stuck in limbo since the order was placed by yourself - this does occasionally happen with orders placed through PayPal".

I use paypal a fair amount as this is a new one on me. We'll see if the tea towel is the right size!
You'll all be delighted to know my tea towel and mug arrived safe and sound.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
B E N
Road Kill

And delighted we are. Now about the t-shirts they sell: can anybody tell me what make they are (Fruit of the Loom, ..)?
I'd like to know because of sizing...
I couldn't see any labels on their website and my e-mail request and gentle reminder were disregarded...
THX Ben.
robertzombie
Overbomber

IIRC they use the Gildan heavy stock. Quite roomy. I'm a slim 6 foot 3, the small is a snug fit, the medium is more than enough.
B E N
Road Kill

THX. Gildan is perfect. I've got quite some Gildan shirts and will know what size to order then...
iesus
Overbomber

Bought a couple of hoodies and t-shirts for christmas presents. Do we know how many days they need to arrive from ordering? :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

There's now a size guide on each shirt page. It even goes to two decimal places, just in case that tenth of a centimetre is a deal breaker. Which is nice.
rien

Eighthcircle wrote:tenth of a centimetre
Don't we call them "millimetres" any more? ;)

I don't see any size guides, though. But I only clicked on the first two shirts.
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

If it were up to me sizes would be in inches and prices in guineas and ha'pennies...

Size guides were there for Hot Metal and Arms shirts, didn't look further than that. Also didnt check how accurate they are for the ones I bought recently which as others have mentioned are "generous" ( this is a Good Thing)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

rien wrote:
quite right. but i also approve of feet and inches -whoever heard of 30cm vinyl?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
rien

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
rien wrote:
quite right. but i also approve of feet and inches -whoever heard of 30cm vinyl?
Imperial measurements confuse me. The only area where I use them is in songwriting. *meters just doesn't flow well...
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!"
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
rien wrote:
Well exactly. And I don't think that the Metropoplitan Polis would be particularly chuffed to find that their address was One Scotland Ninety Centimetre.

sidebar: Monday Punday
Teacher: Johnny, give me a sentence using the word "centimetre".
Johnny: Er...my auntie arrived at the bus station and I was centimetre.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody