Terri Nunn

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
iesus
Overbomber

I thought the lyric was about the singer's breath not the listener's. If i am not wrong, says. 'take my breath awayyyy"
:bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 11 May 2022, 23:12 I thought the lyric was about the singer's breath not the listener's. If i am not wrong, says. 'take my breath awayyyy"
That's right.. she's suffocating herself...

Well.. I take back what I said... originally.

I've seen her perform the song once and she didn't turn blue....and I yawned again. I like quite a few of their songs, that just isn't one of them.

And a lot of girls used to sing along and they didn't turn blue either...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

iesus wrote: 11 May 2022, 23:12 I thought the lyric was about the singer's breath not the listener's. If i am not wrong, says. 'take my breath awayyyy"
It's northern humor.
Goths have feelings too
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: 11 May 2022, 23:55 It's northern humor.
For a woman in her 60's... she at times has "breath taking" pictures.

I'm lazy, when the Sisters did Under The Gun, was Steinman still on board, sounds like a Steinman production but I can't be sure.
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... 20bee596ab

There's a bit towards the end about Under The Gun which tells us all nothing we didn't know but, meh, it's a nice read
Anger Is An Energy
ruffers
Overbomber

Well I didn't know this-
Nunn was subsequently offered the role of Lucy Ewing in Dallas,

And I didn't know this either

Moment of Truth, featuring a track co-written by Karl Hyde and Rick Smith of Underworld.

So thank you.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Pista
Cureboi

This is really old & is probably recycled from a previously posted article but it was in my google alerts this morning. Well done google for being bang up to date. :lol:

Berlin's Terri Nunn on Working With Sisters of Mercy and Her B-52's Fandom
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Terri's bringing her nostalgia act to my town. I'll go if she promises to play "Under the Gun". She can pick any rando to do Eldritch's parts.

Just replying to old posts: "Take My Breath Away" killed Berlin. It was pretty much a completed backing track by Giorgio Moroder with Terri Nunn's vox dropped in over the top; another version exists with The Motels' Martha Davis on lead vox and it's near identical. But that track was such a big hit, and it was so different to Berlin's previous output, that the band couldn't carry on afterwards. Nunn has said something like "I knew we were in trouble when my mom said she liked that song".

The early, edgy Berlin of "Sex (I'm A)" and "Metro" were excellent; even their later works like "No More Words" and "Like Flames" are great for mid-80s pop; but that Top Gun song killed them.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
TheDarkInstall
Road Kill

Under the Gun is amazing. It is the first Sisters track I played through my Richers Sounds bought hifi in my teen years, after buying A Slight Case Of Overbombing on CD. The production from the very first second is excellent and sounded phenomenal in my bedroom at the time.

I don't care what anyone else thinks about it, it really affected me from the very first listen. Such arch gothic otherworldliness. I was reading a lot of William Gibson at the time, and the whole album seemed to tie in perfectly with Neuromancer and the Sprawl Trilogy.

Unreal.
Fallon
Road Kill

Not to be seamy, but I can't be the only one who's ever wondered if "I Have Slept With All The Girls In Berlin" might carry a Terri Nunn-related double meaning?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Fallon wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 08:51 Not to be seamy, but I can't be the only one who's ever wondered if "I Have Slept With All The Girls In Berlin" might carry a Terri Nunn-related double meaning?
Indeed you are not the only one.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 11:44
Fallon wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 08:51 Not to be seamy, but I can't be the only one who's ever wondered if "I Have Slept With All The Girls In Berlin" might carry a Terri Nunn-related double meaning?
Indeed you are not the only one.
i cant hear the song without a tiny voice saying "maybe...".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed, the first time I heard "Slept..." I thought to myself, "oh dear me Andrew! A gentleman does not spread gossip about a lady!"

It's very poor form. One must suspect that Mr Eldritch is somewhat of a cad. Possibly even a bounder, what?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 09 Dec 2022, 15:33 Indeed, the first time I heard "Slept..." I thought to myself, "oh dear me Andrew! A gentleman does not spread gossip about a lady!"

It's very poor form. One must suspect that Mr Eldritch is somewhat of a cad. Possibly even a bounder, what?
A rapscallion even
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity