Chris Tsangrides

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I always been interested in Chris Tsangrides involvement on Ribbons and Something Fast on the B-side of When You Don't See Me. I found Chris on social media and dropped him a line about it, wasn't sure if he would be kind enough to reply, but he did.

His involvement was as a recording engineer, he recorded all three gigs @ the docks in Hamburg. 16, 17 and 18th of November 1990 and remixed them with Andrew in a studio in Hamburg.

Sadly, Andrew have all tree tapes, so a official live album from these live shows will never be releaseed.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Isn't this the live album that resulted from these recordings?

http://sisterswiki.org/Knockin%27_On_Docks%27_Door
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:Isn't this the live album that resulted from these recordings?

Renown producer/mixer recording dodgy audience recording ? :wink:

I am pretty sure that East West had to coff up for real mobile recording equpiment,
if you listen closely both Ribbons and Something Fast, they are fantastic mixing desk recordings with all instruments balanced perfect in the mix, that you only achieve with some real decent recording equipment.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Good work, Drsisters. CT always seemed like a decent bloke (on the Anvil doc) and a good choice of engineer for the mock "rawk" sound of the VT era. I wonder if :von: was already thinking about using a live album as a potential get-out clause or bargaining chip in the WEA contract dispute.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Drsisters wrote:
Being645 wrote:Isn't this the live album that resulted from these recordings?

Renown producer/mixer recording dodgy audience recording ? :wink:

I am pretty sure that East West had to coff up for real mobile recording equpiment,
if you listen closely both Ribbons and Something Fast, they are fantastic mixing desk recordings with all instruments balanced perfect in the mix, that you only achieve with some real decent recording equipment.
Ah ok. I should compare both recordings and see whether there is a difference in quality ... thank you for the hint ... :D ...
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

That version of Ribbons is hair-raising. Such a waste that the whole recording will probably never see the light of day.