Claire

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

UTR wrote:On this page of UTR: 1992 La Costa Rasa release their first LP The Last Of The Baby Boomers on their own label, recorded in a day by their sound engineer, punk DJ Claire Shearsby
Claire Shearsby is the Claire, Von's Claire, for anyone that didn't know.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yup , La Costa Rasa is actually just Andy Mills , Claire's bloke ...who was one time guitarist for Salvation .....who'm Claire did the sound for ...... and shared a house with Danny (from Salvation) .....and some cats .....and sometimes a skinny midget with sunglasses on .
:wink:

Stayed round there a few times , sat on someones hat , bust someones guitar string ....never got to try the sunglasses on though

Claire is lovely by the way , looks exactly the same now as she did back in the 80s .
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

biggy wrote: Stayed round there a few times , sat on someones hat , bust someones guitar string ....never got to try the sunglasses on though .
Intriguing. At what time did Claire and Von live together, and what kind of place did they share?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

The Green Lantern wrote:
biggy wrote: Stayed round there a few times , sat on someones hat , bust someones guitar string ....never got to try the sunglasses on though .
Intriguing. At what time did Claire and Von live together, and what kind of place did they share?
gary lived with them for a while too...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
JansenClone

Claire's now living in Armley with Mick Brown
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
The Green Lantern

Quiff Boy wrote: gary lived with them for a while too...
I had no idea. Was it a flat or a house?

In interviews, especially that 'welcome to my ashtray'-interview, I always pictured Von living in one of them red brick Tudor houses. Is that just my imagination or did he really?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

The Green Lantern wrote:

In interviews, especially that 'welcome to my ashtray'-interview, I always pictured Von living in one of them red brick Tudor houses. Is that just my imagination or did he really?
was a house. wasnt it one of "the ashcrofts" in headingly?

from when they first moved up to leeds (79? earlier?) presumably until they split - 83? 84?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:
The Green Lantern wrote:

was a house. wasnt it one of "the ashcrofts" in headingly?

from when they first moved up to leeds (79? earlier?) presumably until they split - 83? 84?
I assume it was the address on the Reptile House lyric sheet. 7 Village Place IIRC. Which is about 1/4 mile from where I live.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

The Green Lantern wrote:
AFAIK they didn't live together. My mate used to live in that house too :wink: he also sat on the hat and the funny midget with sunglasses on :eek:

now he shares with Danny, whom Claire comes to visit.

Annoying thing is, he's so unfussed about it all :evil:
Goths have feelings too
JansenClone

paint it black wrote:AFAIK they didn't live together. My mate used to live in that house too :wink: he also sat on the hat and the funny midget with sunglasses on :eek:

Not sure about sharing with Danny, if you mean Salvation Danny, as he's in Burley with just one other person in the house at the moment. However I'm getting another feeling of shrinking worlds as the words 'Isle of Man' are in your web site. Do the words 'York' and 'City' mean anything significant to you by the way? :wink:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

JansenClone wrote:
paint it black wrote:AFAIK they didn't live together. My mate used to live in that house too :wink: he also sat on the hat and the funny midget with sunglasses on :eek:

Not sure about sharing with Danny, if you mean Salvation Danny, as he's in Burley with just one other person in the house at the moment. However I'm getting another feeling of shrinking worlds as the words 'Isle of Man' are in your web site. Do the words 'York' and 'City' mean anything significant to you by the way? :wink:
Perhaps :wink:

we must have met at some stage over the years :?
Goths have feelings too
JansenClone

paint it black wrote:
JansenClone wrote:Not sure about sharing with Danny, if you mean Salvation Danny, as he's in Burley with just one other person in the house at the moment. However I'm getting another feeling of shrinking worlds as the words 'Isle of Man' are in your web site. Do the words 'York' and 'City' mean anything significant to you by the way? :wink:
Perhaps :wink:

we must have met at some stage over the years :?
Do you know I'd forgotten that the globe trotting one had shared with Claire for a bit! Half remembered conversations about how Von approached his meals when he came round are coming back now! Still, better stop before it all gets too tabloidesque...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

JansenClone wrote:Claire's now living in Armley with Mick Brown
Ah. As in the Mish? Word was that poor Mick was a bit worse for wear since the split in '96. Any idea what he's doing at the mo? I remember reading he had his own studio and that he was on a jury for a local music competition.
JansenClone

Karst wrote:
JansenClone wrote:Claire's now living in Armley with Mick Brown
Ah. As in the Mish? Word was that poor Mick was a bit worse for wear since the split in '96. Any idea what he's doing at the mo? I remember reading he had his own studio and that he was on a jury for a local music competition.
No, not too steady which was why he wasn't in any reunions I suppose. However, he seemed a whole lot beter the last time I chatted with him, though I didn't ask what he was doing. Happier times though...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

This is all very interesting, for someone who had always wondered about the Claire thing. Are there any pictures of this elusive woman? Someone said she looked very rock and roll...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

JansenClone wrote:No, not too steady which was why he wasn't in any reunions I suppose. However, he seemed a whole lot beter the last time I chatted with him, though I didn't ask what he was doing. Happier times though...
That's really good to hear. If you ever get word on what he's doing at the mo give me a shout. Think he did some driving after the split. I believe Wayne did try to contact him in '99 but it didn't work out. Shame, as Mick was always one of the most approachable guys of the entire Mish crew IMHO.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MrChris wrote:This is all very interesting, for someone who had always wondered about the Claire thing. Are there any pictures of this elusive woman? Someone said she looked very rock and roll...
Think Debbie Harry when she was still sexy.
—Bertrand Russell
Angelchild

Blimey
Indeed this place is truly a mine of info.
A lot of my unanswered questions have now been resolved.
Thanks chaps!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Brother Al
Road Kill

Claire was at the Leeds Uni gig last week. Brunette hair replaces the peroxide blonde, but still as stunning as ever!!!!
mugabe

I thought she had pink hair.

I'll get me coat.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Nadia81

In the New Wave photos of The Sisters -there are a couple pics of Andrew and in the background -very out of focus -is a blonde girl. Claire?
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:In the New Wave photos of The Sisters -there are a couple pics of Andrew and in the background -very out of focus -is a blonde girl. Claire?
Dunno - definitely peroxide - but it sure is a ghastly haircut... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Nadia81

..hmm..yeah..but it is vaguely "Blondie" .and she used to do the sound at their gigs.Maybe that nice Mr Fiend will be able to ID the photo .

(thread-necro.yeah,baby!)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Interesting stuff. :notworthy:

Pic would be nice indeed!
"as we walk on the floodland"
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Interesting stuff. :notworthy:

Pic would be nice indeed!
Mr Carly has his copyright well protected... :wink:

However, you can go here, scroll to the bottom of the page and check out 12974 and 12975.

As regards the (much earlier) discussion of her residence: all I know is that she was listed on the electoral roll at Village Place through 2002... :innocent:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim