Anne-Marie, the Skeletals and Ghost Dance

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
User avatar
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 947
Joined: 21 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: behind the door
Contact:

Just found an interview with the Skels here (try the "english" button)
[...]
Back in 1985, the relationships between Anne-Marie Hurst and the rest of he band seemed to be pretty difficult. Did you have some artistic problems or was it personal?
Stan: It was probably a mixture of both, I think we were all getting a bit stale and disillusioned with how the band was progressing. Something had to snap and I think the split was inevitable.

When Anne-Marie left Skeletal Family to form Ghost Dance, how was the spirit of the band? How did you feel at the time?
Roger: To be honest I felt let down, though now I can see why she left and would have probably done the same thing in her shoes. It could be said it was a low point for the band. We were prepared for it though and once the new line up was settled we did some of our best stuff
[...]
Anne-Marie didn't come back with you for the reunion of Skeletal Family. Was it her own choice?
Stan: The problem we had with Anne-Marie is that we did the photo session earlier last year and she was willing to do a few one off gigs, she then had problems moving house etc and appeared to have cold feet. [...] Anne-Marie still lives a couple of miles down the road at present she has moved house and is involved with her husband and two children. There is still a good chance she will do something with the band in the future
[...]
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."


http://www.poison-door.net/
User avatar
Dan
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1856
Joined: 25 Sep 2002, 01:00
Location: Leeds

I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
User avatar
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 23 Jan 2006, 16:55
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
I got a photo of that shoot from the "Keighly News", I'll up load it later.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 947
Joined: 21 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: behind the door
Contact:

scotty wrote:
Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
I got a photo of that shoot from the "Keighly News", I'll up load it later.
Image
http://www.skeletalfamily.com/knbig.jpg
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."


http://www.poison-door.net/
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

vicus wrote:
scotty wrote:
Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
I got a photo of that shoot from the "Keighly News", I'll up load it later.
Image
http://www.skeletalfamily.com/knbig.jpg
That's the one vicus, I've got the actual full length photo, I'm still trying to figure out "Photobucket" though :roll: :oops:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

scotty wrote:
Dan wrote:I might as well add here that before the first Skeletals family reunion gig in December'02, they'd done some rehearsals with Anne-Marie (and had photos of them together in local press) but just a coupla of days before the gig it was clear she wouldn't be able to make it (apparently she has a very possessive husband and he forbade her to go!), so they called up Katrina (Anne-Marie's replacement in 1985/86) and she flew all the way fron New York just to do the gig!
I got a photo of that shoot from the "Keighly News", I'll up load it later.
Image
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
John_Adrenochrome
Road Kill
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 17:40

Well, after nearly 20 years away from the stage, Anne-Marie is back. :D

Here's the link...

http://www.myspace.com/annemariehurst
User avatar
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 557
Joined: 19 Oct 2003, 06:50
Location: California

Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
User avatar
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5882
Joined: 09 Feb 2006, 06:57
Location: The Bat-Milk Cave
Contact:

christ on a bike, a moan before it's even got started!

Welcome back Anne-Marie :notworthy: :kiss:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5878
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

nodubmanshouts wrote:Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
and fackbook gives any more chance that something is in real/something gonna happen ?
User avatar
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 947
Joined: 21 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: behind the door
Contact:

:notworthy:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."


http://www.poison-door.net/
Dark
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 6606
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 21:26
Location: On the edge of the mind.
Contact:

YES! She's BACK! :D :notworthy:

So.. any word on a potential Ghost Dance reunion? ;D
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

can she sing yet?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6597
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

nodubmanshouts wrote:Very nice she's back and all, but how about a real website, or at least something on Facebook? My Space is a bit... well.... naff.
But it's the best available for viral-marketing music.

Facebook's alright for status updates in the vein of Twitter, and has taken over from Bebo for sharing pictures, but it can in no way compete with myspace when it comes to marketing music.
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 557
Joined: 19 Oct 2003, 06:50
Location: California

Wasn't meant as a moan - I'm glad she's back, just a friendly suggestion; I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything. Facebook has some nice integration features for spreading the word - the recent Phono Reunions being an excellent example of a small success.
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6597
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

nodubmanshouts wrote:Wasn't meant as a moan - I'm glad she's back, just a friendly suggestion; I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything. Facebook has some nice integration features for spreading the word - the recent Phono Reunions being an excellent example of a small success.
Aye a website with even a forum would be nice, but as MySpace is pretty much free to run it's networking and marketing tools would be rather attractive to a "hard working Wife and Mother of two kids, with a knowledge of computers" :wink:
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1135
Joined: 18 Mar 2006, 01:40
Location: beyond the event horizon
Contact:

nodubmanshouts wrote:...I don't know a single person out here on the West Coast who still uses MySpace for promotion or anything...
You may not, but I know many, and a lot of them are in SoCal, not just in the PacNW. 8)
Big Si wrote:But it's the best available for viral-marketing music.
Exactamente. Not to mention Facebook's graphic interface bites... :|
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
User avatar
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 557
Joined: 19 Oct 2003, 06:50
Location: California

Ugh, really? I think MySpace is the worst for user interface... but each to their own. Facebook has double the number of active users over MySpace now... if you follow the common rule that the value of a social network is the square of its users, that makes FB 4 times more useful over MySpace :)

Still, at the end of a day, a web space is a web space...
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6597
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

nodubmanshouts wrote:Ugh, really? I think MySpace is the worst for user interface... but each to their own. Facebook has double the number of active users over MySpace now... if you follow the common rule that the value of a social network is the square of its users, that makes FB 4 times more useful over MySpace :)

Still, at the end of a day, a web space is a web space...
Aye yer right about user interface, but MySpace does appear more music orientated than Facebook.

Anyway, you gonnae start an Anne-Marie appreciation group on Facebook then? :D
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 557
Joined: 19 Oct 2003, 06:50
Location: California

Hehe, well there's already Skeletal Family and Ghost Dance ones! There's even a MyHeartland one!

If AM needs a proper site, that-there QB chappy is apparently a dab hand with HTML and a copy of vi... or so I hear! :innocent:
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14357
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

James Blast wrote:can she sing yet?
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 6606
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 21:26
Location: On the edge of the mind.
Contact:

Better than Fat Bob. :P
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

sure?

better than mad auld Aunty GP'Orridge tho, I've done more tuneful anal blaasts than that clint!

Charlatan!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 6606
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 21:26
Location: On the edge of the mind.
Contact:

True. But it was still a crackin' gig. 8)
Post Reply