W Hussey (who cares?¿?¿?¿?)

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dark wrote:Ghostie songs are good too, but I wish I'd realised Gathering Dust was all covers before I downloaded it..
gathering dust was a compilation of their first four "indie" singles

http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/discography ... hp?id=dust

songs that are cover versions are in bold/italics:
Track listing:

A1. River Of No Return
A2. Celebrate
A3. Heart Full Of Soul
A4. Can The Can
A5. Last Train
A6. A Deeper Blue

B1. Yesterday Again
B2. Both Ends Burning
B3. The Grip Of Love
B4. Where Spirits Fly
B5. Radar Love
and if you read this - http://www.ghostdance.co.uk/discography ... p?id=heart - you will get some insight into why they recorded "so many covers"... :innocent:

eg:
A record which it’s fair to say was shaped by legal manoeuvring as much as any artistic considerations.

I was still caught up in contractual battles with the Sisters and, as the main writer in Ghost Dance, wanted to avoid any new songs (and money) being swallowed up in the process. Songs like When I Call and Last Train which were released further down the track were already well established in the live set so there was no shortage of original material.
technically, i suppose you could also call "where spirits fly" a cover, but gary wrote it anyway, and the sisters never actually played it live (apart from an instrumental soundcheck once or twice) - and they certainly never recorded it :roll:

and its a f**king groovy album :von: :notworthy:

dont diss the ghosties ;) ;D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dream Weaver
Road Kill

Here he is:

THE MI55ION TOUR DATES
I would like to announce ‘The Mi55ion - Lighting The Candles Tour’ for September, later this year (2005). The tour is designed to help promote the band’s forthcoming DVD release of the same title which is scheduled for August. (More and extensive details of which to follow nearer the time of release.)
Continental European shows are still being finalised and we will announce them on MWIS, first, on this website when they have been confirmed.
These shows represent the first, and only, performances by the band this year. There were one or two rumours of European festivals during the summer but I can tell you categorically that The Mi55ion, at this time, are not planning to play any shows before the September tour.

‘Lighting The Candles’ Tour - UK

September:
Tues 6th: Cambridge Junction
Weds 7th: Reading Fez Club
Thurs 8th: Oxford Zodiac
Fri 9th: Stourbridge Rock Café
Sat 10th: Nottingham Rock City
Mon 12th: Falmouth Princess Pavillions
Tues 13th: Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms
Weds 14th: Colchester Arts Centre
Thurs 15th: Northampton Soundhaus
Fri 16th: Bristol Bierkeller
Sun 18th: Stoke Sugarmill
Mon 19th: Liverpool University
Tues 20th: Keighley Victoria Hall
Weds 21st: Preston The Mill
Thurs 22nd: Glasgow Garage
Fri 23rd: Manchester Academy 3

After being represented by Martin Horne at ITB since the inception of the band back in 1986, The Mi55ion recently changed agency and is now represented in the UK and Europe by Steve Backman at Primary. These shows represent the first shows booked and arranged by Steve.
URL: http://www.primary.uk.com/primary

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Martin Horne for all the hard work, loyalty, faith, and friendship, that he has shown both the band and myself over the last 18 or so years. He has been an absolutely integral member of the team and has written himself into Mi55ion folklore. I’ll miss him but he knows he is welcome anytime to come and have a drink with us in our dressing room!
I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome Steve Backman into the Mi55ion family and wish him all the very best of luck in his endeavours whilst working on our behalf. May our relationship be a long and fruitful one, just like the one previous that we enjoyed with Martin.

Keep the faith,
That Guitarist :roll:
..in the wake of
the ship of fools..
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

feck me, this guy is a glutton for punishment, Stourbridge Rock Cafe???

that'll be the flour bombs again......

ever wash the last lot out Waynee????

(btw, this is not a mi$$ion related thing, it happens to every bugger - shane magowan got the same last week for playing "rebel songs")

Its A Stourbridge Thing - You Would Not Understand.

NO POP - NO STYLE - PWEI 2005
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I should reply to Quiffy's post, since it was a reply to one made by me in my (even more) newbie days. :P

I'd only ever listened to Can The Can and Both Ends Burning, and then Heart Full Of Soul. I looked for their lyrics and found they were all covers.
So I jumped to the conclusion that they were all covers. :oops:

But now I've learned better. Though oddly, their covers (especially Radar Love and Poison Door (which since Gary wrote it all, may not be a cover, strictly speaking)) are some of their best songs. And are all better than the original versions. :D
Dream Weaver
Road Kill

Here he is:

THE MI55ION TOUR DATES
I would like to announce ‘The Mi55ion - Lighting The Candles Tour’ for September, later this year (2005). The tour is designed to help promote the band’s forthcoming DVD release of the same title which is scheduled for August. (More and extensive details of which to follow nearer the time of release.)
Continental European shows are still being finalised and we will announce them on MWIS, first, on this website when they have been confirmed.
These shows represent the first, and only, performances by the band this year. There were one or two rumours of European festivals during the summer but I can tell you categorically that The Mi55ion, at this time, are not planning to play any shows before the September tour.

‘Lighting The Candles’ Tour - UK

September:

After being represented by Martin Horne at ITB since the inception of the band back in 1986, The Mi55ion recently changed agency and is now represented in the UK and Europe by Steve Backman at Primary. These shows represent the first shows booked and arranged by Steve.
URL: http://www.primary.uk.com/primary

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Martin Horne for all the hard work, loyalty, faith, and friendship, that he has shown both the band and myself over the last 18 or so years. He has been an absolutely integral member of the team and has written himself into Mi55ion folklore. I’ll miss him but he knows he is welcome anytime to come and have a drink with us in our dressing room!
I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome Steve Backman into the Mi55ion family and wish him all the very best of luck in his endeavours whilst working on our behalf. May our relationship be a long and fruitful one, just like the one previous that we enjoyed with Martin.

Keep the faith,
That Guitarist :roll:
..in the wake of
the ship of fools..
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I'll go to the Cambridge junction, it's near home!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'll stay well clear of all of them. Talentless berk. :roll:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Good grief.... a band that tours and releases albums and DVD's! How peculiar! :wink:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:Good grief.... a band that tours and releases albums and DVD's! How peculiar! :wink:
It'll never catch on... ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Right, that's me set for September 10th.

EDIT: But, I can't. Because it's.. you guessed it.. over-18s only. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What could possibly verify the choice to rate The Mish as over-18s only? They're hardly explicit and offensive (despite what FFS Dave, amongst others, may say)
Spiggy's hat

Wot, no Gotham City date. :eek:

September:
Give me one good reason
Swinnow
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Wot, no Gotham City date. :eek:
Well.... Keighley's nearby! 8)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Big Si
School Bully

Dark wrote:Right, that's me set for September 10th.

EDIT: But, I can't. Because it's.. you guessed it.. over-18s only. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What could possibly verify the choice to rate The Mish as over-18s only? They're hardly explicit and offensive (despite what FFS Dave, amongst others, may say)
Just get a fake ID, or try and look older!

I saw them at Newcastle City Hall in 1990 when I was only 15! :twisted:

p.s. don't tell the old folks! :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Keighley is... strange. Went there for their last tour. Sat in the stalls :eek: while the support band played, then vetured onto the floor when The Mish came on.

Can't forget the look on the faces of the bar staff as their local club was beseiged by a load of Goths :lol:

See you there..?
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone going to the date at the Sugermill in Stoke?

Meety time maybe? Or do you all hate them that much?

Saying that though, tickets are rather pricey at £16.50 (inc. fee) - still I will be going- less than 2 miles from home on a bus route :D yeah!

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
ruffers
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Wot, no Gotham City date. :eek:

September:
And now a London date.

Sat 24th: London Astoria

Must admit, I'm tempted
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

there's apart of me that thinks "go and see 'em" but then a much bigger part of me thinks "naaaa".

so thinking i dusted off the old twelve "ers and to be honest i have to agree with the second voice.

"serpent's kiss" is fine;as is "wake" if you ignore the fact that its a pi$$-poor attempt (lyrically) to respond to the "giving ground;"naked and savage" is a much-maligned fave.

and then i got halfway through the "garden..." 12" and was....bored.and iused to love this record.sad but true:for me the mish were only ever an inefficient stop-gap when the sisters split.i dont think their records have stood the test of time (admittedly i stopped buying them after "Gods own....").unlike the nephillim-who at the time were unforgivable plagiarists IMO-who continue to grow on me even now.

seen 'em live twice:first time was cool 'til he started murdering "marian";by the World Crusade the joke had worn thin.

fair play though,it must take some balls to come on here and read his "popular" press.or maybe its just cheap advertising.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
hallucienate
Overbomber

They're playing in Johannesburg (two hour flight from here) next month. I'm really not arsed to go see them. I did phone my friend who live about 15 minutes away from the venue and he may well make an effort for one the gigs.

It annoys me that the mish or on their 4th or so tour of SA and the Sisters haven't played here once :?
vicus

26.09.2005 Amsterdam, NL - Paradiso
27.09.2005 Brussels, B - VK
28.09.2005 somewhere in Northern Germany - tbc -
29.09.2005 Copenhagen, Denmark - Loppen
01.10.2005 Karlskrona, Sweden - Kino
02.10.2005 Gothenburg, Sweden - Sticky Figures
03.10.2005 Stockholm, Sweden - Mondo
05.10.2005 Aarhus, Denmark - Train
06.10.2005 Berlin, D - K17
07.10.2005 Glauchau, D - Alte Spinnerei
08.10.2005 Bochum, D - Matrix (tbc)
09.10.2005 Hanau, D - Halle 2
10.10.2005 Augsburg, D - Musikkantine
12.10.2005 Wien, Austria - Szene
13.10.2005 Graz, Austria - PPC
14.10.2005 Bern, CH - Bierhübeli
15.10.2005 CH - tbc

http://www.restlesspetra.de/themission/ ... index.html
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

I remember leaving Planet X in Liverpool after a Rosetta Stone gig back in '90. Hussey, standing at the club entrance next to the bouncers, stated that I needed a new T Shirt (refering to my First And Last And Always one that I was wearing).

My girlfriend at the time was not too pleased when he tried to kiss her. Had it not been for the bouncers stationed at the door, I would have given Hussey a few well desered slaps for his unacceptable conduct. Then again, it must take a few bouncers to make him feel like a very brave 'man'.

I don't know about "utterly bastard groovy" but in Hussey's case, "Utterly Bastard" as far as I am concerned.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

RetroGoth wrote:I remember leaving Planet X in Liverpool after a Rosetta Stone gig back in '90. Hussey, standing at the club entrance next to the bouncers, stated that I needed a new T Shirt (refering to my First And Last And Always one that I was wearing).

My girlfriend at the time was not too pleased when he tried to kiss her. Had it not been for the bouncers stationed at the door, I would have given Hussey a few well desered slaps for his unacceptable conduct. Then again, it must take a few bouncers to make him feel like a very brave 'man'.

I don't know about "utterly bastard groovy" but in Hussey's case, "Utterly Bastard" as far as I am concerned.
:eek:

and welcome to HL
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Wayne did have a bit of a reputation as a "ladies' man".

Or as Leeds folklore had it, Hussey isn't fussy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Catomeat
Road Kill

Wayne is actually a nice enough bloke. I would think that moreso had he not shagged my bird the first time we toured with em, but anyway. Long time ago, etc. and she was a bit ropey anyway. To be fair, I could never work out why we were touring with em- we were grebos, not goths!

This is a weird thing about current s**t- my bird is 6 years younger than me, and thinks I'm an ex-crusty. Err.... Sorry, crusty came along many years later, believe me I'm a grebo (not a goth, sorry kids). They may have nicked my hairstyle, but there is no way you would have seen me juggling fire or pretending to give a f**k about global warming while relying on daddy's oilwell to fund my trek round southeast asia.

Hmm. Largely irrelelevant perhaps. Anyway, going back to whoever it was that mentioned big alldayers- count me in! And not purely because I haven't done owt since 87 (www.fusetrax.co.uk), but because it would be f**king ace!
Dan
Overbomber

I was testing my tv card and I encoded this for someone. Might as well put the link here too.

VERY drunk That Guitarist (James Whale Show 16.3.90).avi (29.3mb, and this is the unbleeped version)
Click the link and the download link is near the bottom of the page.

I offer the link on condition that nobody whines at me asking me to re-upload, it took me long enough to upload this. Any such pleas will be ignored. If for some reason you can't download then someone else can reupload it. :D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dan wrote:I was testing my tv card and I encoded this for someone. Might as well put the link here too.

VERY drunk That Guitarist (James Whale Show 16.3.90).avi (29.3mb, and this is the unbleeped version)
Click the link and the download link is near the bottom of the page.

I offer the link on condition that nobody whines at me asking me to re-upload, it took me long enough to upload this. Any such pleas will be ignored. If for some reason you can't download then someone else can reupload it. :D
That's just great, on of the best 4 minutes of tv I've ever seen up til now :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Should be in joke of the day really :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr