2005/08/06, Tilburg, Netherlands

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Post your thoughts, reviews, etc on this gig here.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I've unlocked this thread today in preparation for post-gig comments tomorrow...

I hope everyone else is as excited as I am about the forthcoming gig. :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Setlist Tilburg, 6 Aug 2005

1) Crash & Burn
2) Ribbons
3) Come Together
4) Dr Jeep/ Det Blvd
5) Alice
6) Flood I
7) Giving Ground
8 ) Dominion/Mother Russia
9) Summer
10) First & Last & Always
11) Will I Dream
12) Anaconda
13) Temple Of Love
14) On The Wire/Teachers/On The Wire
15) Suzanne
16) Romeo Down
17) Flood II
------------------------------------
18 ) I Was Wrong
19) Neverland
20) Lucretia
------------------------------------
21) Top Night Out
22) Vision Thing

(setlist memorized by Mr. Steven Eloot ;-)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Damn... Not first :lol:

Anyway, just got home from what has been one of the best nights I've ever had, for which I thank all of the fellow Heartlanders out there and this band you do not know anyway...

Started very nice, as I arrived early and went to search for the venue and saw Robochrist passing by, then I enjoyed the sun and wind outside a bar right opposite the crowd's hotel (not the drink: they gave me a bloody pepsi instead of a proper coke)...

When I started noticing some people that seemed to look like into the sisters at the hotel entrance (hard to find out, really) I walked over and I met Ania (or Delilah, hard not to mix nicks and real names up all night long :roll: )and Eva... After a while Robochrist passed by and asked us how to get to the venue (which was right around the corner) to which Eva reacted like 'So what Chris are you then?' :lol: I can assure you he's the best and a terribly nice guy...

Then Johnny M popped in (along with his roommates) and gave us a nice sketch of Fawlty Towers because something seemed to have gone wrong with the booking of the room, but he sorted it out, so :notworthy: :D

Went for dinner and a drink with the whole group after that, regularly checking out the place (queue-technically), which was very nice too, and after that the big moment was there ;D

The gig was just stunning, pure rock and roll, loved every single moment of it and didn't feel sorry at all about the fact no new numbers were played, it was varied, sound was incredibly good and Robochrist has proved to be Robogod...

Had some more drinks after that (at venue and in bar/on the street) some guys had quite a good chat with Robochrist, and some of us were just giving the best of themselves :wink:

To conclude the night, we had a drink at Johnny&Co's, which was very nice too, did some nice chatting and stuff and after that Christophe and me drove back to Antwerp, and I ended up here :lol: ...

So: Big :notworthy: to everyone who came over, and extra :notworthy: 's to Johnny for organising all this, Dee for bringing my cd after all, Ania for just being the best, Herr Quiff for being a top guy, Robochrist for being Robogod (and Von for being Von obviously) and last but not least Christophe for giving me a drive back home (and Radiojamaica for offering one), of course not forgetting everyone I'm forgetting about :lol:

:notworthy: to all of you!

Some pics:

Fawlty Towers à la Johnny

The Heartlanders (Most of them actually, eg. Ania and Jess aren't in because of trying to get a photo pass)

The setlist (Motz will get us a better one as he nicked one :lol: )
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

This isn't much of a review, but all I can really say is that it was a storming gig last night. No surprises in the setlist, but a really solid performance from the band. The venue was pretty full which was really positive. To top it all, a decent tour t-shirt! It all augurs well for the next couple of dates.

Alexander
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I arrived at the venue around 8.00pm. When I got in, I was surprised to see only a few people. Where was everybody? I asked around and they told me the gig would start around 9.30pm. More and more people where getting in and the (small) venue was packed at 9.30. But we had to wait. 10pm and still no dry ice. Finally 10.10 intro music + dry ice. Five minutes later the band shows up. They start with a heavy version of Crash and Burn. Both Adam and Chris giving very good backing vocals. The mix of vocals and guitars is very good.

Chris plays well only on Dr Jeep and Will I Dream he was very nervous, but he has a nice rock and roll attitude.

The "original" First & Last & Always was a stormer. So clear and powerfull. Temple Of Love sounded more powerfull and On The Wire and Flood II sounded clear.

I think it was a hell of a start for this mini tour. Don't know if they will change the setlist much. Don't think so.

There is a tour T-shirt. I didn't buy it :-( It's black (suprise) with half of the new logo in orange on the front and on the back there are all the names of venues + dates. The name of the tour is "Europe 2005". The shirt costs 25 euros.

Last edited by Peter KJ on 07 Aug 2005, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Not much to say, it was a very nice gig. The tour-shirt is way better than the most recent ones (say, since Summer 2001), at least IMHO.

My Nokia caught the band in action, expect nothing spectacular though ;-)

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
paul
Overbomber

Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Took a whole lot of pics with my phone too, some were blurry, some were better, but anyhow:

clicky
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
G-PRO
Road Kill

There's more where this came from...if anyone interested.

Jan
Amphetamine Filth

While we're at it... shirts were on sale for 25 Euro each. They had two skinny shirts - Republic of Yorkshire in grey and a white one, if I remember it correctly - the standard MR logo and Utterly Bastard Groovy, and the new tour shirt (pics by MrBlonde from the German Poison Door Forum):

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
christophe
Overbomber

I can't add alot to what the others have told.
this was only the 3the time I've seen them but the sound was so mush better than the past times, robochris is a great gitare player and a realy nice man in person, Adam playd wonderfull as ever and most important I think Von's voice was in top condition!

yesterday was just wonderfull I realy had a fantastic time, it was a real pleasure to meet the fellow heartlanders.
to many to recall and I seem to have mis heard some of them so I ain't so sure about who I did and didn't meet :P
a large :notworthy: to Johnny & co for the evening, you are great folks!!

a few pics. (I didn't take alot from the show itself)
we have seen this place in and outside.
the Hotel dillemma
Motz + Dad + Jef
some guy next to me during the concert.
some guy standing in the smoke
see for yourself :lol:
wispering in the Hotelroom.
an apple.
happy Johnny
and the both of them together.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

So the tour is called "Two Thousand Five"? Cop-out, but why not? :lol:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

christophe wrote:see for yourself :lol:
That sums up the whole of the night allright :lol: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Great work guys!

Anyone want to pick me up a shirt? Please? :notworthy:
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

G-PRO wrote:There's more where this came from...if anyone interested.
Yes please! Nice angle.
Debaser
Overbomber

Peter KJ wrote:

There is a tour T-shirt. I didn't buy it :-( It's black (suprise) with half of the new logo in orange on the front and on the back there are all the names of venues + dates.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It is IMPERATIVE I have one of these.....is there a kind soul who'll get one fore me and then I'll sort out the cash afterwards....peuleaze.

Orange huh.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Me and Von...like that, we are.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dark
Underneath the Rock

25 Euro.. that's what, £15?

Debaser, if I asked nicely, would you up that order to two, and then drop it off at Vince's where I can pay you? :innocent:
G-PRO
Road Kill

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
G-PRO wrote:There's more where this came from...if anyone interested.
Yes please! Nice angle.
Wallpapers in yellow,greenish,red... ;D

Karst
Slight Overbomber

Lettering on the tees is the same as the Roadkill tour of '96 isn't it?
Last edited by Karst on 08 Aug 2005, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
G-PRO
Road Kill

ohwww.. forgot about this one:
I guess you can call it "the mood of the evening"
Anothercase of low vision and: "who's playing tonight?" :lol:

Got more... maybe later.

doc P

@ Johnny and Francis , superb excellent utterly groovy f**king bastards :notworthy:
@ Conny & Bernd : great that you did join us
thanks to everybody who made this gig plus all the before and after the gig an unforgettable memory
hail to the kings of Khaos :notworthy:
the twin towers of Tilburg - nice one Conny :notworthy:
full moon over Tilburg and i forgot no.3 :innocent: :roll: :P
Last edited by doc P on 11 Aug 2005, 00:11, edited 2 times in total.
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PLEASE EVERYONE

I WANT T H I S SHIRT

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JUST DROP ME A LINE I LL BE HAPPY TO PAY WHATEVER YOU ASK FOR

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ANYONE??????? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Delilah

just sitting at heathrow waiting for the bus to Reading. Long journey again, but it was all worth it!!!
Gig was amazing and the party afterwards as well!
Thanks to Canon Docre (for the morning chat and laughs), Johnny M (for everything), Black Alice and Paul, Francis, Doc P (for Apples and bier), my fav Obviousman (for Photos and laugh), Christophe (for photos too), Quiffy and Jo, PAul&Donna, Eva, Andrew S and Helen,Scardwel (still for saving my life and some great conversations) an all the others for making that night so special!!!
Last edited by Delilah on 07 Aug 2005, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Debaser wrote:
Peter KJ wrote:

There is a tour T-shirt. I didn't buy it :-( It's black (suprise) with half of the new logo in orange on the front and on the back there are all the names of venues + dates.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It is IMPERATIVE I have one of these.....is there a kind soul who'll get one fore me and then I'll sort out the cash afterwards....peuleaze.

Orange huh.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Me and Von...like that, we are.
Well, besides me there was absolutely nobody in orange or any flashy colour (couple of whiteys though)... I guess it certainly did make me stand out :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr