2005/08/14, Hildesheim, Germany - M'era Luna festival

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

_emma_ wrote:
Karin Martinsson wrote:Neither any of my festival friends or myself bothered to see one the main attractions, The Sisters of Mercy. Personally, I'm disappointed with them these days; I want new songs, black leather, long black hair (Eldritch had shaved all his hair), thick smoke and brilliant light show on stage.
Tut tut. Seems this person recklessly missed seeing 3,5 out of 5 of their favourite things about the Sisters this time then. :lol:
- Which is good, cause then there's more space for us... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Long black hair? Hope he or she was happy to see 69 Eyes ;D
Which I missed without regrets.
_emma_
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Long black hair? Hope he or she was happy to see 69 Eyes ;D
Which I missed without regrets.
Don't remind me of them, please. I recall M'era Luna 3 years ago when they were one of the bands that played somewhere before the Sisters, late enough to be forced to see them as I was making my way to the front in the rain - oh good Jesus, I so couldn't wait for them to finish! :evil: :lol:
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The fiirst time the Sisters played Mera Luna we were forced to listen to F***in' HIM :evil: playing bloody Billy Idol covers and cutting into the mighty Sissies stage-time, bloody pop-g**h bloody bloody bloody AAAAAAARGH :evil:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

RobF wrote:The fiirst time the Sisters played Mera Luna we were forced to listen to F***in' HIM :evil: playing bloody Billy Idol covers and cutting into the mighty Sissies stage-time, bloody pop-g**h bloody bloody bloody AAAAAAARGH :evil:
Not a fan then Rob? ;D

Me neither. I think I ground my teeth down quite low waiting for them to get off.
pikkrong
Overbomber

RobF wrote:The fiirst time the Sisters played Mera Luna we were forced to listen to F***in' HIM :evil: playing bloody Billy Idol covers and cutting into the mighty Sissies stage-time, bloody pop-g**h bloody bloody bloody AAAAAAARGH :evil:
Just before entering the gates of the festival area I saw girls with HIM textile bags. It made me laugh. Later, when I bought a festival compilation (double CD) they put it to a bag - M'era Luna 2005 and Sonic Seducer printed to one side... Ask Eva, Helen or Andrew what was printed to that side which I hadn't noticed at first ;D ;D ;D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Later, when I bought a festival compilation (double CD) they put it to a bag - M'era Luna 2005 and Sonic Seducer printed to one side... Ask Eva, Helen or Andrew what was printed to that side which I hadn't noticed at first ;D ;D ;D
Indrek, I thought you bought that bag on purpose. :lol: Incidentally, I was staying with friends last weekend and what was on the door of their spare room? A HIM calendar! :twisted:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Later, when I bought a festival compilation (double CD) they put it to a bag - M'era Luna 2005 and Sonic Seducer printed to one side... Ask Eva, Helen or Andrew what was printed to that side which I hadn't noticed at first ;D ;D ;D
Indrek, I thought you bought that bag on purpose. :lol:
Oh yeah, maybe I sneaked to the merchandise stall next day, wanting to buy 5 more HIM-bags (so everyone in my family would get 2 bags) but I saw you and bought 2 Utterly Bastard Groovy shirts ;D ;D ;D

But maybe everything was completely different.
GlosGoth
Road Kill

I'd just like to say that although this was only seventy minutes long it was one of the best Sisters gigs I've ever seen and thank God the wife perusaded me to go and see aload of 'dodgy darklings' plus the Sisters:-
pure 'industrial groove machine' at its finest.

Normally I couldn't give two hoots whether they'll ever release anything
ever again, but its a damning indictment on the music industry at large when a twenty four year old band still performs this good and it won't see the light of day on DVD or CD. Shame really but I've got alot of happy memories.

BTW did we get soaked in Germany!!
pikkrong
Overbomber

I finally uploaded my pics:

http://pilt.ee/view/611423/1/

and

http://pilt.ee/view/611423/2/

If you think it's a good idea, I'll upload some of them to HL gallery. Any suggestions - which of them?

And 2 apologies:

1) I had just bought the camera, that's why they didn't turn out good :oops:
2) Subway To Sally is definitely an awful band, this photo just turned out better than most of the pics, technically, of course :oops: :oops: :oops:
do i drive
or am i driven