the Joseph's Well gig

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the August 2005 European tour.
Nathan-Wind
Road Kill

Ok let me be the first to say this was one of the most amazing gigs i've ever seen and definitely the hottest! Other than the idiot at the front who once anyone bumped his girlfriend reacted by headbutting people in the face! An absolute knoblord! It was fantastic.

Hello to the couple we met from London in the queue I hope it was worth the funny money you paid for train tickets! :)
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Well, setlist, line-up??? I'm starving to know :-))
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

I was rather impressed... although I should perhaps apologise for being very, very drunk...
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just got back in from this excellent gig, the setlist I picked up was as follows:

Giving Ground
Ribbons
Crash & Burn
Summer
Alice
On The Wire
Dominion
War On Drugs
Flood 1
Susanne
FALAA
Will I Dream
Anaconda
Lucretia
Temple Of Love
Romeo Down
Flood 2
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing

I haven't had chance to check this list against my mini discs so I "might" have to change the above later.

Thanks to :von: for letting Myself, Mrs Snowey and Scardy stay for the soundcheck...top bloke....so much fannying about during this check that we used up a whole disc :D

And it was to f**king hot.............
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

It was a Top nite out:
Set list :
1)Giving Ground
2)Ribbons
3)Crash & Burn
4Summer
5)Alice
6)On the Wire/Teachers
7)Dominion/Mother Russia
8)War on Drugs
9)Flood 1
10)Suzanne
11Falaa
12)Will I dream
13)Anaconda
..............Lost it there but i'm sure someone will finish it for you........Vision Thing featured also..............and what nice people were there...........and I met Von.And also the very nice QB & Markfiend & Mike P & lots of other fine people...... all in all it was rather good............and Eva arrived having come from the other side of the globe deserves total respect for her efforts..........Bed for me now cos it's a school nite
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

The dirty custard already beat me to it!!!!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Not jealous. :D

;D

:D

:)

:|

:evil:

Not in the least! :cry:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Now that was one hell of a gig! I got there early, and managed to watch the whole of the soundcheck with The Snoweys after everyone else had been kicked out into the street .:P Doors opened around 9pm and I found myself right at the front with Delilia - she was rather worse for wear and collapsed during the encore - I grabbed hold of her and shouted for help - the guy next to me realised what was going on and helped me lift her over the barrier and out of danger. I don't know who you are but thanks man! She's o.k. by the way.
Can't do a full review 'cause I'm too knackered.
:)
The Scene won't save you...
christian p.
Road Kill

more details, please.

who's in the band actually? adam, chris may...?

how's andrew's haircut ?

anything else of importance...?

photos, please !!!

:roll:

thanks & cheers
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I got to hear about a minute of the gig. Thanks for the call Quiff! :notworthy: :notworthy:

But I've got a 3G phone now so video next time huh? :wink:

Thanks again
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

It was very hot......

For me dissapointing as it usually is sadly, ive always wanted to be blown away by The Sisters but sadly got into them far too late.... this becomes more and more apparent each time i do see them.

The sound was crap, possibly not suprising but lots of unwanted feedback most of the gig, and i for one could only here one guitar for most of the show.

There just seems to be no context for the Sisters anymore and it just makes its so hard to here mostly the same set over and over again year after year. Its never to support a new album etc (obviously), just seems to be pin money as and when and the longer it goes on the more obvious it becomes.

I hate to say it, but i went back into the bar halfway through the set bored.

It was fantastic to see everyone in one place mind as it always is, and ultimately i guess cool that they still do gigs like this for people who get something out of it.

For me though a real shame, and unfortunately ive felt like that for some time now.

Paddy :(
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:Any other distinguishing features by which I can tell who you are...assuming you'll be hiding the neanderthal slouch. :lol: I'll be in a lovely yellow Sisters number, vacant expression, flowers in my hair... :lol:
I remember you! The colourful one!

I was the one wearing black. :wink:
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Beat me to it Pads...

...I went with lowish expectations which were met.

Eldy sounds less intellectual love god these days, more last puppy left in the shop on Christmas Eve.

Still, nice to see everyone - & I think Paddy & I are in a minority (altho' there were quite a few people who didn't bother returning to the hall after the break...maybe it was just too darn hot!) - Ed had a lovely time. I shall be washing that noisy manga shirt just as soon as I catch it...! :lol:
Queen of the mean!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Allright, so most of you enjoyed it, nice :) And some of you even met von, which is cooler :eek:

So no new songs then?

You guys make me even more curious about Tilburg :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Black Widow
Road Kill

Thanks to Carrie for letting me know this gig was on. No thanks to my patients that I finished work late. Nice to know it wasn't a 'blown away' gig though. :?
A closed mouth gathers no foot!
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I had lots of fun
Nice to meet up with everyone again to. Timsinisters leather golf suit was the ducks nuts.

The 'Now play something live' heckle was a classic, Adam didn't seem to like that. Wasn't you was it Quiffy?

Best things in the band were Eldo's new beard and Chris May. His rock attitude, bobbling head and snarling stare added some much needed freshness.

Glad they turned the smoke machine off after the break

Good to hear the proper riff back in First and Last, Eldo's string vest should have been left on the beach where he found it.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
snowey

:von: did say you get what you paid for.
Francis
Overbomber

My expectations were low, but were well exceeded. Not having seen them for 21 years, I guess the set seemed pretty fresh to me. And it was nice to see the guitarists up front like a real band as opposed to squabbling at the back. Good company, great atmosphere, cracking band. :notworthy:

@Paddy: Sometimes it pays not too know too much about the fine art of playing live. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Francis wrote: @Paddy: Sometimes it pays not too know too much about the fine art of playing live. :wink:
He he, seriously, its not that with me. I guess because i love his product so much i just dearly want to be blown away by an awsome gig..... it just doesnt happen for me.

I know people might think "hes bound to say that doing the Smurphs" but trust me, i covet my Sisters albums and the fantastic songs on them as much as the next man. Ive always belived that these songs could be released today and sound fresh..... which i think is a HUGE compliment, but live???? I go away dissapointed.

Paddy
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Plus..... as has been said, in fairness it was a free warmup gig!

Paddy :)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Looking at the pics of :von: : Looks more like an overaged gay than a rockstar to me :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Looking at the pics of :von: : Looks more like an overaged gay than a rockstar to me :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
If only he could be bothered to read it and shave this hair off his face! :urff:
I still love him though.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

lovely night in the pub with some lovely people was only slightly marred by some bunch of chancers making an awful racket.

the gayer in the string vest seems a nice enough bloke though.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
TheBoyNextDoor

I like this new Andrew, more motorcycle-guy/gay than ever. Just the cowboy hat that's missing. :lol:

Great to hear they play the original-riff in FALAA, hope they could do the same with Amphetamine Logic, that would be swell...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:the gayer in the string vest seems a nice enough bloke though.
I even managed to get a kiss goodnight from him.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell