Copenhagen - Vega - 19th April

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.vega.dk/

YIEHAAA! ;D

I'm going to this place tomorrow and will watch Bauhaus.. checking out the venue sort of. ;)
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

YES!!

So - waiting for Gothenburg and Oslo then :notworthy:
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Great news. Hope they make it offcial soon.
But don't they forget something:
between France and Denmark are 2 other countries:
Belgium & Holland. Come on, there is enough time between April 14th and April 19th.
Gent, Brussels, Tilburg, Amsterdam...
Please...

Peter KJ
vicus

Peter KJ wrote:between France and Denmark are 2 other countries:
Belgium & Holland.
depending on the route it's 1 or 3 other countries. ;D
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Peter KJ wrote:Great news. Hope they make it offcial soon.
But don't they forget something:
between France and Denmark are 2 other countries:
Belgium & Holland. Come on, there is enough time between April 14th and April 19th.
Gent, Brussels, Tilburg, Amsterdam...
Please...

Peter KJ
There will be....and I will be catching a second and maybe third gig. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yes! I like the sound of that. I'll be there.
pandemon
Road Kill

Awesome!
If the rumours about Malmö (SE) should prove to be true, it will just be a matter of getting tickets for both shows!!!
... keep laughing ... kindredspirits.tk - debut album out now!
TheBoyNextDoor

Malmö and Copenhagen - a little bit of overkill? Definitely not.

I've got mine tickets for this one. :)
TheBoyNextDoor

They where handing out flyers at the Bauhaus gig.
Sorry for the bad image quality, and sorry for my carelessness when it comes to small paper pieces. :oops:

Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I've just tried to get a ticket for this one via http://www.billetlugen.dk/. They do have tickets on sale but when I try to buy, I'm being told that they're "unable to locate the event". Can anyone know where else I can get a ticket? I would need to be able to pick it up at the box office. Or, can any kind-hearted Danes can help me out with getting one? I would be happy to pay upfront if necessary. I'm sorted for all the other dates and had planned on buying a ticket at the door for this one, but as more gigs are selling out, I'm getting a bit worried about not having a ticket.
James Blast
Banned

Andrew S wrote:I'm getting a bit worried about not having a ticket.
Andrew you're turning a bit, original Flying Scotsman chassis numbers on me :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Does somebody still need a ticket for Kopenhagen? I´ve got a spare one I´m willing to part with for face value.

Send me a pm or find me there in the queue, early.

Eva
You can't fix stupid.
Zodiak
Road Kill

Hi all. I've been lurking for a while but finally I decided to join the gang.

I'm going to the Vega gig so I wondered if there are any plans for a party before and after..?

Cheers
MJ
Zodiak
Road Kill

Hi all! Just got back home!

Great gig, lotsa smoke, a bit low on the vocals - but neverthless a great concert! The same setlist as Malmö and Gothenborg except Neverland instead of "I Was Wrong".

Andrew Eldritch didn't show up after the show as usual, but we spoke to Ben and Chris - both very positive and friendly! :)

Great gig, great atmosphere and a splendid evening!

Cheers!
M-Jay and Louise

Hoping for a concert in Oslo soon!!
Badlander
Overbomber

Zodiak wrote: Great gig, lotsa smoke, a bit low on the vocals - but neverthless a great concert! The same setlist as Malmö and Gothenborg except Neverland instead of "I Was Wrong".
Wow ! That's what I call a quick review ! :notworthy:
Good to know that Never land (still not a jazz odyssey) is back in the mix. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

indeed, Never Land (a fragment) is required
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Zodiak wrote:Hi all! Just got back home!

Great gig, lotsa smoke, a bit low on the vocals - but neverthless a great concert! The same setlist as Malmö and Gothenborg except Neverland instead of "I Was Wrong".

Andrew Eldritch didn't show up after the show as usual, but we spoke to Ben and Chris - both very positive and friendly! :)

Great gig, great atmosphere and a splendid evening!

Cheers!
M-Jay and Louise

Hoping for a concert in Oslo soon!!
Thanks for the quick review!

I guess there was no afterparty... :lol: :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Zodiak
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:
Thanks for the quick review!

I guess there was no afterparty... :lol: :wink:
Hehe, indeed there was. But I was only there for 20 minutes or so, then I went back home so I could report to you guys :wink:

This Corrosion was the song that really stood out to me (again), and I think Crash & Burn also rocks! The lightshow during Summer was fantastic :D I missed Vision Thing and FALAA, but you can't have everything right?

Mr Eldo didn't say anything at all, except something like "thanks" twice.

I hope somebody recorded this gig.. I was planning to take both pictures and video with my ixus, but they stopped me :evil:
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

I found this a truly great gig!
An alarmingly high number of goths in the audience, but what do you know - it seems goths are actually capable of having fun! :)
Overall, the crowd was rather hesitant at the start of the show, but they soon got into it.

The sound and the light show was way better than in Malmö, and the chorus of Lucretia was to DIE for.

And, I just HAVE to say it; watching Ben and Chris during Top Nite Out is sheer pleasure. They LOVE it up there, and we love them for it. :)
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
NeiNei
Road Kill

James Blast
Banned

NeiNei wrote:"Goth-rock: Sort i sort":
DON"T CLICK
please don't post links that make my browser go into a mothloop, thank you :|
~ Peter Steele
NeiNei
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
DON"T CLICK
Strange... It's a review in the danish newspaper "Jyllands Posten". Nothing special happend in my browser (Firefox 1.5)
James Blast
Banned

NeiNei wrote:
James Blast wrote:
DON"T CLICK
Strange... It's a review in the danish newspaper "Jyllands Posten". Nothing special happend in my browser (Firefox 1.5)
no offence meant NeiNei, it just sent Safari into a freak out

and Welcome :D
~ Peter Steele
TheBoyNextDoor

Great gig, great loud sound, dull audience, less smoke than in Sweden and Andrew in top mood - despite the audience.

Great to hear them play Never Land instead of I Was Wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love this acoustic version of IWW but four shows in a row with exactly the same setlist had been somewhat boring. (Ok, we didn't get it in Gothenburg but anyway..)

Me and my friend Robert noticed something at this gig: they didn't have their full light-rig on the Swedish dates. A lot more of lights and less smoke.. you could actually see Andrew for the most of the time.

Highlights: Ribbons, Giving Ground, Summer, Lucretia, This Corrosion.
Mage
Road Kill

I think it was a truly fantastic experience. It was my first Sisters concert ever, I've heard them for ages, but somehow I just never got around to watching them live. Also this was the first Sisters concert, in Denmark, indoors as far as I know.
I don't how many of you read the review on the link NeiNei posted, but I guess some people never really get the idea of Sisters of Mercy.
The review (for those of you unable to read danish) was exceedingly bad. The journalist didn't like the smoke and he thought Andrews vocals were too low.
He also thought that andrew was inflicted by "soulless cybercold".
I admit that the fact that andrew didn't say a word to the audience was a bit disappointing, but then again it's The lights, The smoke and the Music we are there to see and hear. Not a speech.
The journalist also called Sisters a Goth-Rock band, which, to me, just proves that he didn't really get it. I never thought of the Sisters as a goth-rock band.

I actually overheard a guy after the concert who, seriously, asked where the drummer was....

I shot some extremely short video of "When You don,t see me", "Lucretia" and some other songs but the sound is bad, I'll post 'em here some time soon.