Amsterdam - Queensday 30th of April?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
cultchild
Road Kill
Posts: 30
Joined: 13 Mar 2006, 23:24
Location: TORONTO,ONTARIO-CANADA

that's a really cool picture wrecker.... as your one and only pix that's amazing...thanks
THE LIGHTS ARE DOING SOME STRANGE THINGS TO MY HEAD
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

haven't read all your reviews yet but I must comment
@ erudite, excellent review, Sir!
@ the-happening, behave!
@ MB/Debs, a top review of a day from heaven and most excellent pics :notworthy:

Oh, and there can never be too much bass! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken
Posts: 407
Joined: 28 Sep 2004, 22:52
Location: H.I. Ambacht (NL)

MadameButterfly wrote:Right...**waves hello again**

Here are the photos we made, none in the gig as it was not allowed...

Pre-gig & after-gig photos

Enjoy! 8)

@ Ozpat - thank you kind sir for the hint! :wink:
@ Badlander - thank you too kind sir! :wink:
@ robertzombie - the merchandise are tour t-shirts and I don't think you have to worry about the stock! :lol:
@ TG - *giggles thank you*
@ czuczu - it was amazing and thanks for your support. Sorry about bumping into your back on more than one occasion!
Nice pic's and it was a great gig !!!!!!!!!!

hope they will play soon again some where near !
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
User avatar
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 23 Jan 2006, 16:55
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Badlander wrote:
PipoTheClown wrote: Well, sorry guys, I paid 35 Euro's for totally crap show (in my opinion, of course), so that entitles me to say anything I like about it!

and you must agree: this IS the place to do that, right? :D :D
It most certainly is not : we are devoted fans. We come here because we're happy the way things are. We do enjoy the gigs.
We also know :von: doesn't give a damn about what goes on around here. What do you think ? That you're going to have an impact ? That :von: will read your message and feel sorry that you didn't have a good time ? That's not the way things work.
Hi devoted fans,

No, I don't think Von will read this and change his act, that was not the reason I wrote this. What I meant was: I thought HL was the place to talk about sister's stuff. I guess I was wrong. You have to B a devoted fan to do that! I guess I am not (anymore).
User avatar
Ozpat
From the Lowlands
Posts: 6759
Joined: 16 Aug 2005, 13:14
Location: In the place through which we wander.

PipoTheClown wrote:
Badlander wrote:
PipoTheClown wrote: Well, sorry guys, I paid 35 Euro's for totally crap show (in my opinion, of course), so that entitles me to say anything I like about it!

and you must agree: this IS the place to do that, right? :D :D
It most certainly is not : we are devoted fans. We come here because we're happy the way things are. We do enjoy the gigs.
We also know :von: doesn't give a damn about what goes on around here. What do you think ? That you're going to have an impact ? That :von: will read your message and feel sorry that you didn't have a good time ? That's not the way things work.
Hi devoted fans,

No, I don't think Von will read this and change his act, that was not the reason I wrote this. What I meant was: I thought HL was the place to talk about sister's stuff. I guess I was wrong. You have to B a devoted fan to do that! I guess I am not (anymore).
Well I think I made a clear comment on your post about not feeling free to say what you want. But you seem to be blinded by Mr. Badlander's post.
That's fine with me but stop feeling sorry for yourself. You start to act like a clown. :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
User avatar
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 20:07
Contact:

[quote="MadameButterfly"]Right...**waves hello again**

Here are the photos we made, none in the gig as it was not allowed...

Pre-gig & after-gig photos

Enjoy! 8)

Thanx! Hey we saw you outside after the gig. Drinking and talking about how fast one could go on the highway, right? ;>
User avatar
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 23 Jan 2006, 16:55
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Ozpat wrote:
PipoTheClown wrote:
Badlander wrote: It most certainly is not : we are devoted fans. We come here because we're happy the way things are. We do enjoy the gigs.
We also know :von: doesn't give a damn about what goes on around here. What do you think ? That you're going to have an impact ? That :von: will read your message and feel sorry that you didn't have a good time ? That's not the way things work.
Hi devoted fans,

No, I don't think Von will read this and change his act, that was not the reason I wrote this. What I meant was: I thought HL was the place to talk about sister's stuff. I guess I was wrong. You have to B a devoted fan to do that! I guess I am not (anymore).
Well I think I made a clear comment on your post about not feeling free to say what you want. But you seem to be blinded by Mr. Badlander's post.
That's fine with me but stop feeling sorry for yourself. You start to act like a clown. :innocent:
I can't help acting like a clown: it's in my very nature) :lol:
User avatar
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1536
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 08:12
Location: set adrift
Contact:

Well, at least it's nice to see that this thread just about proves that the Sisters never play an utterly bollocks concert. Whenever some people say it was garbage, there are always those who thought it was yet another great performance.
And all that's fine, the only thing that's annoying is when the people who for one reason or another had a bad time or didn't like it, immediately blame the band and simply say (authoritativelly) they sucked. Nothing against people who for one reason or another think that the concert wasn't good, like if the sound at where they were standing was bad but in that case it's probably a good idea to try move to another spot, just that don't immediately start saying it's the only objective and reasonable and just conclusion.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
GC
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1024
Joined: 27 Dec 2005, 22:05

"like if the sound at where they were standing was bad but in that case it's probably a good idea to try move to another spot",

Sorry but if you pay almost 40euros for a concert ticket you expect the sound to be good wherever you stand.
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Gollum's Cock wrote:"like if the sound at where they were standing was bad but in that case it's probably a good idea to try move to another spot",

Sorry but if you pay almost 40euros for a concert ticket you expect the sound to be good wherever you stand.
That's the venue's fault, not the band's, clearly. Don't think that's a fair thing to say. More people than the ones on stage are responsible for it all indeed...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
TourGuider
Road Kill
Posts: 50
Joined: 29 Aug 2005, 21:14

" Live Video Recording " A'dam TSOM 30 April 2006

sorry this all i could get on my cam.

6 Days avail on this Clicky........ starting now !!!!

http://download.yousendit.com/5594BBAE0EDFC8B8 15 sec

http://download.yousendit.com/27E8E2344E85D0AA 7 Sec

http://download.yousendit.com/31DE218F35EDAE9D 10 Sec

http://download.yousendit.com/EF8915065EEA0219 11 Sec


Cheers

TG
User avatar
Ocean Moves
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 485
Joined: 08 Nov 2004, 19:22
Location: Australia

mandrake wrote:Hey I'm being quoted! ;>

Now in the cold morning light when I look back upon last night, I still stand by my mail and yes I knew this was what was to be expected, but still I also think the show damn well rocked. Romeo Down sends shivers down my spine. Flood is still is this live version amazing. Susnanne still blows me away. Eldritch' voice did sound deeper but where I stood also clear. Ben and Chris are a good replacement and stood their ground. So as shows go it was indeed very good, but still from "my" Sisters I expected a bit more. Also Slept? Music wise ok but lyric wise? A bit like "You could be the one" lol Also I'd rather had "When you don't see me" cos I still think "Will I dream" Sounds like "Detonation Boulevard" Especially when like last night they played it back to back.

Still, I will always be a fan of the Sisters. There is a kinda magic there...shame they lost a bit last night, even though it rocked.

Mandrake
Actually, reading your comments, it sounds like you felt much the same
as I did after seeing them in Madrid. It *was* a good gig, great sound,
good lights, etc... but my primary thought afterwards was "that wasn't
just a short gig...that was pushing the envelope to down right TOO short".
Madrid must have been about 70 mins. I mean, I do understand that this
is a LONG tour, and, I actually think AE got himself in abit of hot water
trying to find a guitarist so close to a tour, and probably settled for someone slightly less that perfect for the sisters, no offense to Ben.....
BUT... this is supposed to be a 25 anniversary...where are the
unexpected numbers popping into the setlist? where is the suprising but
amusing cover version? alot the things that make a sisters tour a
big deal, are absent. Especially since alot of us have heard these songs,
in longer form, for years. I personally can't really figure this tour out....
is it just a big money spinner?
User avatar
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat
Posts: 6667
Joined: 12 Jul 2005, 09:29
Location: in my own galaxy

James Blast wrote:@ MB/Debs, a top review of a day from heaven and most excellent pics :notworthy:

Oh, and there can never be too much bass! :twisted:
Thank you Mr. Blast! And I agree will you about that bass thingy!
Shadow_Smile wrote:Nice pic's and it was a great gig !!!!!!!!!!
Thank you and we can hope together about the next time!
mandrake wrote:Thanx! Hey we saw you outside after the gig. Drinking and talking about how fast one could go on the highway, right? ;>
Umm...right! Who are "we"?

@ Ozpat - thanks honey! :D
@ TG - careful! There are lawyers lurking you know! :wink:
here we go again....
Harsh Stone White
Road Kill
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 May 2006, 14:04

It wasn't the best gig, but was still good. It was a bit too short, Vision Thing was definitely sorely missed. The sound was quite good - yeah, the bass was too loud and Eldritch's voice was too quiet, but nothing unusual there.

Highlights were Lucretia (possibly the best version I've heard), Ribbons, Anaconda, Susanne.

The new guitarist seems pretty solid but is a bit too metal, with a tendency to go off on AC/DC style guitar solos. This is ok to a point but the cod-metal guitar solo in Something Fast was completely out of kilter with the ambience of the song and spoilt it.

All in all, a good night out. Nowhere near as good as Tilburg last year where the Adam/Robochrist line up was storming.
User avatar
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 20:07
Contact:

MadameButterfly wrote:
Umm...right! Who are "we"?
Umm I was the one in the grey faded sisters shirt. A friend of us was in a red coat. Umm there were 4, we didnt actually talk, but thought it was just funny I "met" someone from here and didnt meet them..umm..
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1871
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

Harsh Stone White wrote:It wasn't the best gig, but was still good. It was a bit too short, Vision Thing was definitely sorely missed. The sound was quite good - yeah, the bass was too loud and Eldritch's voice was too quiet, but nothing unusual there.

Highlights were Lucretia (possibly the best version I've heard), Ribbons, Anaconda, Susanne.

The new guitarist seems pretty solid but is a bit too metal, with a tendency to go off on AC/DC style guitar solos. This is ok to a point but the cod-metal guitar solo in Something Fast was completely out of kilter with the ambience of the song and spoilt it.

All in all, a good night out. Nowhere near as good as Tilburg last year where the Adam/Robochrist line up was storming.
I missed Tilburg but it was waaay better than HMH in '03 :innocent: .
& I like most of the stunt guitar work Ben has brought to the show, at least it can't be called goth. :twisted:
Slept & Suzanne are the only 2 songs that still have most of the same arrangements, everything else is souped up and works really well apart from Dominion & Corrosion which aren't quite there yet. He's closer to Bruhn than any of the other henchmen and has done a lot to freshen up a lot of the songs that have been played (I think!) the same way for too long. And although the sets may be a little shorter, they still compare well with earlier tours...
MadameButterfly wrote: ......
@ czuczu - it was amazing and thanks for your support. Sorry about bumping into your back on more than one occasion!
:notworthy:
It was definitely rocking - and crowds are supposed to move :wink:
(glad you enjoyed the discs - I'm still sure I'd have lost them somehow if I'd brought them with me!)
User avatar
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 20:07
Contact:

Ocean Moves wrote: where is the suprising but
amusing cover version? alot the things that make a sisters tour a
big deal, are absent. Especially since alot of us have heard these songs,
in longer form, for years. I personally can't really figure this tour out....
is it just a big money spinner?
Yup exactly what I meant. It was good, even great at times but nought special. Kinda "Lets do a worldtour, ooops new guitarist, oops no new songs-well maybe they have-, oops, oh well just roll out the hits and thank you" tour. Cool if this is the first time you see them live but now they have been 3 times in Holland so it's like,well suprise us, treat us..we've been here almost as long as The Sisters have. oh well...
User avatar
Ozpat
From the Lowlands
Posts: 6759
Joined: 16 Aug 2005, 13:14
Location: In the place through which we wander.

PipoTheClown wrote:
I can't help acting like a clown: it's in my very nature) :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: Okay then!
"as we walk on the floodland"
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1871
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

mandrake wrote:
Ocean Moves wrote: where is the suprising but
amusing cover version? alot the things that make a sisters tour a
big deal, are absent. Especially since alot of us have heard these songs,
in longer form, for years. I personally can't really figure this tour out....
is it just a big money spinner?
Yup exactly what I meant. It was good, even great at times but nought special. Kinda "Lets do a worldtour, ooops new guitarist, oops no new songs-well maybe they have-, oops, oh well just roll out the hits and thank you" tour. Cool if this is the first time you see them live but now they have been 3 times in Holland so it's like,well suprise us, treat us..we've been here almost as long as The Sisters have. oh well...
^ no new cover version is always a bit of a pisser, there's still time for this tour though...
GC
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1024
Joined: 27 Dec 2005, 22:05

Amsterdam 2006 was good but not special. Technically very good, sound very good and all three on the stage doing a good job. Downside was how short the concert was.

What I found disappointing was that since I had read about the setlists of other dates in Heartland there certainly was no confusion and no surprise left for me in A'dam. I knew exactly which songs were going to be played, and almost in which order. This is of course my own fault.
However this might also be why a lot of other fans on Heartland 'complain' about the dates. Look into something to closely and you'll lose the magic.
(especially something as mediocre as Popmusic).

I will definetely go and see the Sisters again, but for the next tour I certainly wont be logging into HL every night.
(By the way the people behind HL - don't take this as an insult it's a great site and thanks a lot)
User avatar
christophe
Overbomber
Posts: 3527
Joined: 17 Jan 2004, 09:42
Location: Grinderstreet

@ MadameButterfly :notworthy: thanks for the pictures.
@ czuczu: I promice to say something next time I see you but I never realise it is you :oops:
@ mandrake : I think/hope von takes this 25 years tour to serius. the whole tour no fun but only Sisters songs. just like some sorth of best of of the past 25 years.
User avatar
Erudite
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1850
Joined: 24 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: Lost In Space

Home again, after missing our flight!
Wouldn't mind, but we were not stoned and checked in plenty of time.
Unfortunately, we failed to allow enough time to pass through a very busy boarding gate.
On the plus side, the bank kindly extended our overdraft, so Glasgow is very much on.
No thanks to Mastercard for blocking my card after using it at an ATM - so much for chip and pin being more secure!
They did, however, thoughtfully leave a message on our phone in Scotland to enquire if someone was using our card fraudulently abroad - doh! Cunts!
Ah well, all grist to the mill for a writer, including the zenophobic taxi driver from Aberdeen airport, who doesn't like the Dutch, and "bust every bone in some guy's body with his steel toecaps when he used to work there because he had stabbed somebody or other."
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
User avatar
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 385
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 19:31
Location: Germany

Another brief review:
I arrived at the venue at noon. The tour bus was already there but nobody around to be seen so I left the place. I went through the city and took some rest in the hotel in the afternoon. Unfortunately I did not make it to the pre gig meeting in that pub in time. I went back to the venue relative early instead. Always nice to see familiar faces before the shows. A short chat with Ben and then into the surprisingly small venue. There was not as much smoke as in Berlin so one had a good view @ :von:

The gig itself rocked. I had a good time and although the security was quite rigorous to people who tried to make photos they did not do anything about people building pyramids. Good stuff (although I was missing some faces here). Unfortunately there were again some people who have to overdo things. I really had a good time in the mosh pit in Hamburg and I am not afraid of being pushed around a little at all. However, you do not have to be *that* aggressive. It’s still a concert so I see no need for picking a fight. If you want to let off steam go and play football (and that includes the guy in the red jacket, the guy with the Feindflug shirt and the person in the grey shirt. I hope not to meet you again). People especially should watch out a little when there are other fans sitting on some mate’s shoulders. :evil:

However, I liked the performance and most of the other people around were just nice and enjoying themselves and the Sisters. No need to complain about the sound for me. I even liked the bass. For those who did not like it: I found it quite surprising how different the sound can be in different edges of such a small place. For the last song I went to the second row on the very right – the sound in front of the stage was not bad imho but here Andrews voice was stronger in the mix and the instruments were somehow clearer. @ PipoTheClown. You complete missed the point. You may better watch some old Bauhaus videos. :wink:

Of course the gig was over to soon. Plus point for the venue: they did not throw out people as quick as they did in Berlin etc. So it was time to chat to some other HLers again (*waves at Paul and Otto*). Another short chat with Ben, quite impolite interrupted by some disobliging girls. Later on more Heartlanders outside the venue. Thanks for the photo with Chris.
:notworthy:

All in all still a great gig. I really enjoyed my three days stay in Amsterdam. (J. if you read this: does not happen often to me that time is flying *that* fast). :D

Just my 0.02 EUR
HalfmanII
Road Kill
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 01:08
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

The show was fun though nothing on the set list was a surprise, I liked the intimacy of the venue, and the fact the crowd weren't going too mad - it was a great wee break, and the Queen's Birthday was quite an occasion.
Very nice to meet Paul and Donna again
User avatar
Ebbhead
Road Kill
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Apr 2006, 10:13
Location: Amsterdam

Christian wrote:Another brief review:

The gig itself rocked. I had a good time and although the security was quite rigorous to people who tried to make photos they did not do anything about people building pyramids. Good stuff (although I was missing some faces here). Unfortunately there were again some people who have to overdo things. I really had a good time in the mosh pit in Hamburg and I am not afraid of being pushed around a little at all. However, you do not have to be *that* aggressive. It’s still a concert so I see no need for picking a fight. If you want to let off steam go and play football (and that includes the guy in the red jacket, the guy with the Feindflug shirt and the person in the grey shirt. I hope not to meet you again). People especially should watch out a little when there are other fans sitting on some mate’s shoulders. :evil:
Quite funny to read your text and how people can differ 180degr. in opinion.

I was in the moshpit (with a grey Sisters shirt - maybe you were referring to me :lol: ) and things were actually laidback. Lot of smiles, lot of friendly tapping on the back.

In fact, the only people who were really irritating was a group of 3 or 4 (I think German) fans who acted as if they own the place. Yeah, I'm talking about the guy with jet black 80's hair, a guy with an ugly yellow shirt and another moron with glasses (maybe you recognize yourself :lol:) Two of them indeed built a little pyramid and suddenly no one was allowed to move anymore because their precious little show might be disturbed.

Hope I see you again -next time I'll try harder to ram your pyriad over. :wink: :lol:
Are you prepared to slave again?
Locked