May 7th Nottingham Rock City

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
trouble_in_store
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
trouble_in_store wrote:Probably gonna get flamed for this, but hey, that's OK, it's time for a difference of opinion....
you won't get flamed in here but it would have been nice if you had posted a few times before your review. It is your review, we appreciate that and thank you.
Of recent we have had rather a lot of '1 negative post then nada' types.

Please join in the fray, get the 'in jokes' etc., it's nice oop norff. :D
Hey there, don't get me wrong, I was well chuffed to find a sisters forum, loved them for years, just gutted about what I thought was a poor gig.....

All I need now is confirmation of the rumours about a neffs tour :-)
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Trixie wrote:
paint it black wrote:
poor old marge :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I agree - bit harsh...
Sounds like Mr Woolstencroft's upset that the gig didn't take him back to the glory days of his youth as a roleplayer :? That, and he appears to have his head up his bum...

...anyhow, who's he calling a 'ponytailed goth'?

Trixie
hurrah. suddenly we're fat goths.

*laughs*

he obviously doesn't get out much.

pass me the crimpers and i'll hand over the snakebite.
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:
OLD?

OLD???

:evil:

:(

etc...

someone bring a zimmer frame, please.

or at least, arnica.
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

godgirl wrote:
Trixie wrote:
paint it black wrote:
Yeah, I agree - bit harsh...
Sounds like Mr Woolstencroft's upset that the gig didn't take him back to the glory days of his youth as a roleplayer :? That, and he appears to have his head up his bum...

...anyhow, who's he calling a 'ponytailed goth'?

Trixie
hurrah. suddenly we're fat goths.

*laughs*

he obviously doesn't get out much.

pass me the crimpers and i'll hand over the snakebite.
I'm getting a bit porky me-sen, but I don't think I could be accused of Goffiness.

P.S. Why did only two of us sing along to "Skinhead Moonstomp" on the intro-tape? You would think the Sissies weren't a well known Ska band!
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Rock City was the best of the 3 that I did (Leeds, Manchester & RC) by far........... the biggest croud of the 3 gigs, maybe that's what made The Sisters enjoy it more as well, they certainly made it seem like Nottingham was their home town, I think they played for longer than the other 2 gigs......

I was up at the bar getting a drink at one stage & a woman wanted to complain about all the smoke.....she didn't seem to be a happy camper - but then she didn't look like she belonged at a Sisters gig anyway ????????????

For most of the gig I was stood behind the lighting Engineers set-up so the sound there was great, I certainly wouldn't complain about it.

I would love a recording of it if anyone has got one.

The Rig was good afterwards, played a lot of the old Goth faves.....

It was great for me to meet other Heartlanders, CHEERS Lee & Mrs EMWK & Scotty ........... I've got the pics to prove it.
Oh, and Lee, I will try & put up some posts on here (I do remember the chat we had at Planet Daves party) .......... It was GREAT to meet U again & hope to make it over for the July meet as well.....All going well I will

Someone at City saw my un-official tee shirt & thought it was better than the official ones....at least it's got all the dates on it and it only cost £5 outside the Manchester gig........Happy Days......Still had to get the official one for as well though coz it's UTTERLY BASTARD GROOVEY !!!!!!!

Overall, Notts for me was a great weekend, it's my home-town, met friends that I hadn't seen in over 16 years & made some new friends there as well.

TOP NITE OUT
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Francis
Overbomber

Yep, Rock City was definitely heaving, I had to get way offside to find some elbow room. And we wandered into the club downstairs just as they played More! My idea of heaven. :lol: Danced the night away with the nearest thing I could find to a mirrored pillar. :innocent:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Debaser
Overbomber

Didn't realise I hadn't said anything about this gig...silly old me.

Well, it's the first gig that I HAVEN'T said 'Well, I don't hink I'll bother anymore' So that's a good thing.

Only bumped into Lee and his loverly lady - but that might have been coz we had Biggy in tow and he doesn't 'do' people.

Rock City has always been one of the best sounding places I've ever been to - but after reading all the previous gig reviews I was expecting for it to be a bit suspect. But apart from Mr E's vocals being rather low I thought it was just peachy.

Gaz didn't moan as much as he'd threatened, so again, it must have been ok. Oh and his eye has been twittering ever since - :notworthy: to the strobe. There was a moment during the 'pink' strobey bit where I actually thought that if I was going to ever have an epileptic fit, now would be the appropriate time, it was all rather bizarre.

Oh and for the record, at any gig I am always stood behind one of three types of gig go-er. Ridiculously tall man, snoggy couple or farty man. The latter was my fate that night :(

New song huh? I knew he'd try speshully hard coz I'd missed the Manc gig :wink:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Francis
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:farty man
You should've said hello. :lol:

And a big THANKYOU to Lee for keeping me awake just as I was thinking about curling up in a corner after walking til dawn in Norwich. Does it have a lot of churches or was I just going round in circles?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Andie
Overbomber

sound may have been a little odd...but this vantage point is deffo not good for video :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

YouTubeClicky
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Debaser
Overbomber

If you try really hard, you might be able to see me! :lol:
Andie
Overbomber

originalgoth wrote:It was great for me to meet other Heartlanders, CHEERS Lee & Mrs EMWK & Scotty ........... I've got the pics to prove it.

Scotty :eek:

where the fcuk were you hiding ya lil....

:wink:
Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:If you try really hard, you might be able to see me! :lol:
can't see F all...too much smoke :innocent: :lol: :von:

i'm down t' front...behind the tall red head :innocent: :wink:
czuczu
Overbomber

RobF wrote:...I don't think I could be accused of Goffiness.

Hardly! I don't think there is a label for you r 'Nottingham Gent' look :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

Burn wrote:

If Scardy was there...I was stood very close to him - but note...he WASN'T the farty man, that was a little scrote who winkled his way in.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
originalgoth wrote:It was great for me to meet other Heartlanders, CHEERS Lee & Mrs EMWK & Scotty ........... I've got the pics to prove it.

Devil :wink:

Nope, wisnae me................and there cannae be another Scotty..........can there? :eek:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
Burn wrote:

If Scardy was there...I was stood very close to him - but note...he WASN'T the farty man, that was a little scrote who winkled his way in.
I saw Scardy...just infront of the mixing desk...just behind the pit...

errr...i was in ra pit for most of the "bouncy" choons...and nope...i ain't a lil scrote...thanx for asking like :innocent: :wink: :notworthy:
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:

Devil :wink:

Nope, wisnae me................and there cannae be another Scotty..........can there? :eek:
me thinks the older goffic got us confuzzled :urff: what with my accent and all :wink: :notworthy:

ye just canny get the staff anymore 8)
Debaser
Overbomber

Burn wrote:

errr...i was in ra pit for most of the "bouncy" choons...and nope...i ain't a lil scrote...thanx for asking like :innocent: :wink: :notworthy:
Oh, well it wasn't Scard then, as I was at the front all night.
Andie
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
Burn wrote:

Oh, well it wasn't Scard then, as I was at the front all night.
phew...thank fcuk it wasn't you who stuck your fingers into my armpits while i was clapping after Temple...scared the holy crap outta me...and it tickled a bit :lol: :oops:
Elektroglide
Road Kill

[quote="the-happening"][quote="Dan"]Is there any audio of the new song? Well, we know there is. Anyone gonna upload it? :D[/quote]

Dr Poo says to try here:

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XEB ... HMAA0TP3XE[/quote]

that's expired : (

where else is it up for grabs? sounds interesting.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

best sound of the three i attended- but no-one else seems to have mentioned von twatting that unwelcome photographer round the head with the mike-stand at the start.i thought that was hilarious. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: